• 11(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
Hikvision working with this URL:
Snapshot: http://user:password@IP:port/Streaming/channels/1/picture (eg http://admin:[email protected]:80/Strea.../1/picture)
MJPEG: rtsp:///user:password@IP:554/mjpeg/ch01/main/av_stream

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I 5.1.6
I give this app 6 stars. It turns my $30 ip camera into a sophisticated monitoring and alert system. Awesome job. If I ever move out of this rental and move into my mansion, I'll mount my camera at the front door and I can have it alert me when someone comes to the front door while I'm watching something on kodi.
Anyone having any issues using this with a skin other than Confluence?
Amazing! Took me like 2 hours to figure out how to use this thing properly.

I added my Android phone as a camera, set it in front of my baby crib, and let the video play in the corner via pic in pic while I watch TV.

Neato Burrito!

Also, in response to above, I use MadNox, and it works fine.
----------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to have this not auto start with Kodi? I'd like it to just sit dormant until I push the initial command for the 1st preview. I won't use it a ton, so there's no point in having it burning energy. The system I use it on has issues with burnout, and my idle is very high with this addon installed.

I also noticed that Kodi doesn't love when you play a movie, stream a cam, and flick through menus at the same time. It just....shuts off. Overload!
I'm having some problems getting alerters with my foscam C-1B .
The addon is working great with a manual start and display the video.
But strange enough the alarms are not displaying a frame.

I've tried fiddling with the setting but the specified C-1 selection is giving script errors.

I'm on Helix (openelec 5) is the alarm function and visual display of frame supported?
Got it working!
Suddenly everything started working as expected.
Dont know why exactly.
(2016-03-29, 03:25)locoguano Wrote: Anyone having any issues using this with a skin other than Confluence?

nope, am using mq6 and it works fine.
Thanks for the addon, which is amazing. Smile

I'm using the snapshot option for the "preview" and for the "all cameras". I'm using some levelone cameras, so this is the fastest way to test you addon.

It works but the images are flickering like if between the images there is a dark background.

Is there something I can do to change how frequently the images are updated? or is possible to remove the dark void between a frame and the next one?

Thanks
Just stumbled upon Surveillance Room.Very impressed indeed.

I've just managed to set up the first camera, Sricam IP camera, Chinese clone no doubt. Working fine but needs a few little tweeks. I'm trying to add a second camera, a DBPower, another Chinese clone I imagine.

I've gone into Add-On Settings,Control,Camera2Enabled.Nothing on the Settings bar for Camera2 is showing up.All I can still see is the Settings tabs are Control,Global,Preview,Camera1

I've returned back to the menu that now shows Camera2 Advanced Menu and Add on Settings. I've selected Camera2 Advanced Menu and have a choice of Show Preview, Disable Preview,Play Video Without Controls,Camera Settings,Reboot Camera.I've selected Camera Settings and get Surveillance Room Error,Check Log.

Am I missing something really simple her to add a 2nd and more cameras to Surveillance Room.Apologies if this seems like a silly question.Tongue
remove the camera that works and remember the settings and just try adding the DBPower one as cam1 and see if you can get it to work.
Thanks for that Rukus.

I resolved the problem.The keyboard I'm using is a mini keyboard and some of the non standard keys are acting up.The ">" key was having no effect so I used the KODI on screen keyboard which now lets me progress across the screen.I've configured Camera2 and all working well.I just need to play around with some of the settings to fine tune everything.

A serious piece of software is Surveillance Room.A lot of hard work has obviously gone in to bring it to this stage.
Let's ask this in a different way...
Does this Addon use any legitimate CPU power when it's idle; i.e. not displaying video?
I don't want to keep turning it on and off for the preview to work, but I also don't want it freezing up my system.
Maybe I am slow but I really dont know how to make a script for Kodi - I would very muck like tu use the below command every time my doorbell rings via eventghost but I dont know how to make the script or how to make it run - Anyone? Blush

<green>XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)</green>
Hi,

Thank you for this Addon-On.... starting to figure it out....

One awesome suggestion. What about being able to configure a screensaver that toggles between all the cameras every few seconds. Not sure how doable this is.

Thanks again!

H.
(2016-04-07, 16:47)henrik4223 Wrote: Maybe I am slow but I really dont know how to make a script for Kodi - I would very muck like tu use the below command every time my doorbell rings via eventghost but I dont know how to make the script or how to make it run - Anyone? Blush

<green>XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)</green>

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Configure_E..._(Windows)
Make an xml file keyboard.xml and drop it in .kodi/userdata/keymaps
In the file, do this replacing <green> with whatever you have mapped as a button command for eventghost to trigger. For instance, you can use <g> as the G button command for default key press which is not defined in Kodi or blank. Unless you map some other way via remote or program permissions.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

Here's a keymap reference: http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7