• 25(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
Thanks I appreciate the reply. I'll try to do that.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Having some trouble getting this to work with Blue Iris.
I have it installed and I am trying to use the snapshot and mjpg URLs from Blue Iris, but nothing ever happens.
From the BI webserver all you have to do is enter the IP:port/image/{camera short name here} the last part being the name of the cam in BI. This will give you a snapshot of whatever cam name you insert.
Now you can also do IP:port/mjpg/{camera short name}/video.mjpg for a M-JPEG stream.
neither of these work in this addon for me though.
There is no authentication needed on my network and both URL's work on my many devices on various browsers.

Any thoughts of what I could try?

Thanks[font]/image/{cam-short-name}?[/font][font]/image/{cam-short-name}?[/font]
(2018-02-26, 03:19)danbutter Wrote: Having some trouble getting this to work with Blue Iris.
I have it installed and I am trying to use the snapshot and mjpg URLs from Blue Iris, but nothing ever happens.
From the BI webserver all you have to do is enter the IP:port/image/{camera short name here} the last part being the name of the cam in BI. This will give you a snapshot of whatever cam name you insert.
Now you can also do IP:port/mjpg/{camera short name}/video.mjpg for a M-JPEG stream.
There is no authentication needed on my network and both URL's work on my many devices on various browsers.

Thanks/image/{cam-short-name}?/image/{cam-short-name}?
 I'm not very familiar with Blue Iris...

That said, authentication isn't necessary.  Does the snapshot url result provide you an html page with an image?  Or is just the image?  It needs to be the latter to work.  In some instances the snapshot result is embedded in an html page and I didn't code this to strip the image if it is.

For mjpeg... Can it be streamed to Kodi directly using this URL?   Whats in the log file when you attempt this?
Can Somebody help me to get the settings I need to fill in for a Foscam C1 camera?
Thanks in Advance!
(2018-02-27, 14:03)maikito26 Wrote:
(2018-02-26, 03:19)danbutter Wrote: Having some trouble getting this to work with Blue Iris.

That said, authentication isn't necessary.  Does the snapshot url result provide you an html page with an image?  Or is just the image?  It needs to be the latter to work.  In some instances the snapshot result is embedded in an html page and I didn't code this to strip the image if it is.

For mjpeg... Can it be streamed to Kodi directly using this URL?   Whats in the log file when you attempt this? 
I think it is a html page with just an image, but I'm not a programmer. I tried to inspect the page with firefox, but can't seem to copy anything to paste it in here.
If I try to load the mjpg URL in kodi it freezes the whole PC.  Both work fine in a browser, but I guess they aren't compatible with your addon.

Thanks for looking.  Would have been awesome if it had worked.
(2018-03-02, 03:24)danbutter Wrote:
(2018-02-27, 14:03)maikito26 Wrote:

I think it is a html page with just an image, but I'm not a programmer. I tried to inspect the page with firefox, but can't seem to copy anything to paste it in here.
If I try to load the mjpg URL in kodi it freezes the whole PC.  Both work fine in a browser, but I guess they aren't compatible with your addon.

Thanks for looking.  Would have been awesome if it had worked. 
 I'll keep this in mind for my rewrite.  Looking to do some new things for Kodi 18.
Well if you are so inclined Blue Iris has a free trial and there is a very active forum for it at ipcamtalk.com
Here is a thread with most all of the URL's for external streaming:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/blue-iris-...ams.24994/

Would love to see this working!!
Hello,

i am quite new in this stuff so i have to ask a few things. So, currently at home using outdoor FOSCAM FI9803P IP camera with a RPI3 MotionEye combination. I can add cameras, all the options work, everything is ok, now is there any chance to add FOSCAM cam also in Surveillance Room? On other RPI3 i have latest Openelec. Yesterday i tried adding my cam, but with no luck. Source which MotionEye uses for cam is rtsp://192.168.1.105:88/videoMain, by that is there any chance to add this cam to Surveillance Room also?

Btw sorry for my English Smile
Definitely love to see Blue Iris support... its the #1 DIY Surveillance software on the marker and has been for many years.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2017-11-30, 02:40)noiseordinance Wrote: I don't see many folks replying on here recently but hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a couple Amcrest IP2M-841 cameras. I am setting these up as generic IP cameras. I'm using the following settings: 

Snapshot: http://admin:password@ipaddress/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=0
Video stream: rtsp://admin:password@ipaddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
MJPEG: http://admin:password@ipaddress/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1

When I set source - player to video stream, I can see the cam in full screen mode when I launch it manually. However, when I click all cameras, Kodi just kinda hangs for several seconds, but no video. I should say that I am able to see both snapshot and MJPEG in a browser when formatted as above, but am unable to see these in Kodi / Surveillance Room. 

Anyone have any pointers? Would like to monitor my newborn baby and toddler! Smile
Were you able to get this issue figured out? I have the same problem - I can't get the snapshot URL to work even though it loads fine in a normal web browser.
Hi, Ive got a foscam fb836 camera. I'm trying to set it up using the foscam HD option. The problem I have is that I cant get the camera to play its video stream. The preview and all camera options work great. Motion detection works and shows a preview in the top corner of the screen when detecting motion. Ive tested the video stream in vlc and it works. The video stream is: rtsp://USER:PASSWORD@IP:554/videoMain and ive tested it in the generic stream to test it works. it works on generic, ive also tried it on c1 override, that fails. Is there anyway I can get this stream to play in foscam HD? Thanks in advance.
(2018-03-01, 16:27)Dieter Claeys Wrote: Can Somebody help me to get the settings I need to fill in for a Foscam C1 camera?
Thanks in Advance!
(2016-05-28, 21:16)muchacha_grande Wrote: I'm trying to connect to a C1 with the latest firmware and I can't figure out how to set the right parameters.
In Camera Type I choose Foscam HD - Override (for C1)
The fill de host IP, the standard port 88, the admin user and password.
But I don't know what to put on the three URL field below.
Can you teach me please?

Hey guys, as a C1 owner, I wanted to chip in with some instructions since I went through this entire thread and didn't see any explanation of how to use this for the C1, and more importantly, my only functioning setup for the C1 appears to be unable to use the confusingly named "Foscam HD - Override (for C1)" camera type. (@maikito26 I'll attach the offending lines from my Kodi log at the end of this post, when I try to use that camera type, if you might be interested.)

I'll start from the Add-ons screen in case anyone, like me, cannot access the Surveillance Room's settings from within the addon due to the override-for-c1 setting insta-crashing the addon.
  • Choose 'Settings' from Surveillance Room's context menu
    • Context menu available by "c" on keyboard, the menu button on a remote, or (on some platforms) a long-press
  • On the left-side tabs, navigate to Camera 1
  • Configure it with these settings:
    • Camera Type:   Generic IP Camera
    • Source - Player:   Video Stream
    • Source - All Cameras:   Snapshot
    • Source - Preview:   Snapshot
    • Snapshot URL:   http://192.168.1.111:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USR&pwd=PWD 
    • Video Stream URL:   rtsp://USR:PWD@192.168.1.111:554/videoMain 
    • MJPEG URL:   leave it blank (unless your firmware is like 3+ years old, MJPEG's not available)
  • Obviously, you must replace elements of the URLs above with the properties of your own cameras/network
    • the default CGI-interface port for C1 is 88
    • the default RTSP port is 554 (and is listed in the ONVIF section in your camera's web console)
    • note that in the snapshot URL there is no 'E' in "&usr="

Image Image Image Image

If you want to all-cameras or one-camera-fullscreen (or corner previews) functionality without navigating through Kodi to the addon, and without configuring a custom keymap, you'll need maikito26's "SR - Play Camera" context menu addon, in addition to the original Surveillance Room addon. This will add a "Show Camera" menu menu-item to any context menu you pull up from most/many screens within Kodi (as shown in the first screenshot, above).
I can't say for certain, but if you are going to use the fancy corner-overlay-preview(s) functionality, you'll probably also want the "SR - Toggle Preview..." context menu addon. It will en-masse disable/enable background services powering the corner-previews.  I think. I don't know if these services eat up much cpu/memory resources, but if you find that they do, that's why you'd want to be able to easily disable them.
The location of these addons isn't super obvious unless you're a Kodi expert, so I'm including a few screenshots of where to find them.

Image Image Image

Maikito26 -- here's a snippit of what happens after I've configured a C1 using the override type, then try to open SR...
Code:

08:44:36.654 T:4180   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
    Error Contents: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 234, in <module>
        start()
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 229, in start
        instance.run(monitor)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 199, in run
        self.restart()
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 211, in restart
        start()
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 229, in start
        instance.run(monitor)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\service.py", line 169, in run
        camera = Camera(camera_number)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_wrapper.py", line 38, in __init__
        self.camera = ipcam_api_foscamhd.FoscamCameraOverride(camera_settings, daemon, verbose)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_foscamhd.py", line 808, in __init__
        super(FoscamCamera, self).init(camera_settings, daemon = False, verbose = True)
    AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    -->End of Python script error report<--
08:44:41.302 T:11648   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
    Error Contents: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\default.py", line 298, in <module>
        cameraplayer.play(camera_number)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\cameraplayer.py", line 307, in play
        camera = Camera(camera_number)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_wrapper.py", line 38, in __init__
        self.camera = ipcam_api_foscamhd.FoscamCameraOverride(camera_settings, daemon, verbose)
      File "C:\Users\Buechler\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.surveillanceroom\resources\lib\ipcam_api_foscamhd.py", line 808, in __init__
        super(FoscamCamera, self).init(camera_settings, daemon = False, verbose = True)
    AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'
    -->End of Python script error report<--
Hello guys! Question.. i have wireless IP camera (model szsinocam SN-IPC-HW07) and i will integrate to Kodi 17.6 Krypton. Work that camera with Surveillance Room addon? Because i get always a message "Camera 1 ot configured correctly" Any idea? Thanks for help!
(2018-03-26, 15:41)m4re Wrote: szsinocam SN-IPC-HW07

My googling doesn't turn up a single hit on that model, but according to (https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=szsinocam#), all of the ipcams that start with SN-IPC... use the same format:
Additionally, the following URLs are listed under "other" model, so they might work?...  Follow my directions in my previous post, but use the RTSP and Snapshot URLs in this post. If the snapshot url works (when you navigate to your camera in the SR addon, the background should change to a still frame snapshot) then try MJPEG instead, if you want better quality.
(2018-03-27, 02:03)jasonbuechler Wrote:
(2018-03-26, 15:41)m4re Wrote: szsinocam SN-IPC-HW07

My googling doesn't turn up a single hit on that model, but according to (https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=szsinocam#), all of the ipcams that start with SN-IPC... use the same format:
Additionally, the following URLs are listed under "other" model, so they might work?...  Follow my directions in my previous post, but use the RTSP and Snapshot URLs in this post. If the snapshot url works (when you navigate to your camera in the SR addon, the background should change to a still frame snapshot) then try MJPEG instead, if you want better quality.

Thank you very much for your support. Links works fine! Another question..is there any option to show preview on motion detection? Or is this option only for Foscam cameras?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7