Custom home items no longer working
Hi all,

I suddenly have a problem with Metropolis on my Kodi 15 Isengard Windows 7 system.
I just powered it up and my custom home items are gone. The home menu looks like it's reset to default.
Thing is, I can't reinstate any of my customisations.
I can't find a menu item to set up custom home items any more. I also can't remove the home items I never use, like pictures and radio.
Anyone know what's going on?
Same problem here on both my fire TV box and stick. WTF is going on?
Luckily I had a backup, which restored Metropolis to my previous custom settings but that's vanished now. I'm baffled.
3.1.0 was released, which allows customization of every item on the Home screen and allows you to link to pretty much anything, but is implemented in a very different way that is not compatible with the old method.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I think you'll find the new system much more flexible.
The new customization options are under Settings > Metropolis > Home Options > Home Furniture.
Hey jingai,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll check it out tomorrow.
You had a quality skin mate, but it's now an utter mess. Sorry to say that.
What do you feel is an 'utter mess'?
Figured out how to remove the home icons I don't use and now everything is back to normal. I like that I'll be able to select my own images for the icons.
Thanks!
Yeah, a bit of mess on me too. It automatically updated and suddenly i lost all my homes backgrounds and links. It took me a while to find out how to change them by the "Home Furniture" link. Anyway it is all back now

I also change the shutdown background but it doesn't look good. Where is the .jpg of your backgrounds stored (Mac OS) so i can revert back to the default ?
I understand people are upset they have to redo their shortcuts, but the advantages outweigh the trouble in the long run.

The default background images can be selected in the background selector. The jpgs are not stored on disk, but you can access them in the selector.
Yes jingai i didn't mean to come out harsh, i love your skin and thank you for your efforts. As i said it is all good now.

found the default background thanks.

One thing i notice and it hasn't been fix on the new release. The number of votes is not displayed on the selection screen.
If i click on the option "show path instead of votes" it displayes the path correctly, but if it is not selected it only shows "Rated R" and no votes.

Also one big question: If you update the skin again will we loose the settings like now or it was one thing out ?

thank you again my friend
Votes aren't in yet. I need to work out how to include them in all views. But, I'm focusing on kodi 15 compatibility right now.

And no, barring any big bug or something, it should never drop your customizations again.

In fact, your customizations will even carry over to other skins that use the Skin Shortcuts script.
By the way, the option you're looking at is "Show path instead of rating." By rating it means like MPAA rating (e.g., Rated R), not votes.
I figured it would cause a hiccup for the people that use custom home icons. There was no way to avoid it.

FYI, the new menu system allows for just about any configuration anyone could think up and want, and the settings are stored in settings so should not change with future updates.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom home items no longer working0