Solved Issue with Scraping
Hello and first off thanks for this great tool you made available. i been using TMM since it came out. Any who i was wondering if anyone else was having issues with scraping movies? In my case a few days ago scraping movies was at a crawl but eventually finished getting all my artwork and such but today and yesterday it will grab the nfo but the artwork never completes and i am just left with .part files in my directory. I figured maybe servers were swamped or something changed or maybe something on my end is whacking out.

Thanks again for the wonderful tool though, Just wanted to share and see if anyone else was getting this issue so i can get to figuring things out on my end if no one else is having issues.

*Edit Note* BTW I'm using v2.3.9.1
+1

Code:
21:02:40.134 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.core.movie.tasks.MovieExtraImageFetcher - interrupted image download
21:02:40.134 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.core.Utils - Could not delete file: D:\testpath\Movies\Test (1912)-thumb.jpg.part: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

That is all that ever shows in the log. I have tried moving the media to a local folder, to a network share, running TMM as an administrator, using a nightly build, clearing the image cache, removing the image cache, removing the whole thing and reinstalling, removing all files but the media and rescraping fresh, using a fanart.tv api key, running in XP compatibility mode, turning off all anti-virus, and rebooting.

All same result. No no image files, only .part files that are locked until I close TMM. I should add that it seems to be an issue with fanart.tv, when I disable that one, I can scrape the poster and fanart.

Any ideas?

BTW, this program rocks. Thank you.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2017-07-27, 06:17)MacGyver Wrote: +1

Code:
21:02:40.134 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.core.movie.tasks.MovieExtraImageFetcher - interrupted image download
21:02:40.134 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.core.Utils - Could not delete file: D:\testpath\Movies\Test (1912)-thumb.jpg.part: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

That is all that ever shows in the log. I have tried moving the media to a local folder, to a network share, running TMM as an administrator, using a nightly build, clearing the image cache, removing the image cache, removing the whole thing and reinstalling, removing all files but the media and rescraping fresh, using a fanart.tv api key, running in XP compatibility mode, turning off all anti-virus, and rebooting.

All same result. No no image files, only .part files that are locked until I close TMM. I should add that it seems to be an issue with fanart.tv, when I disable that one, I can scrape the poster and fanart.

Any ideas?

BTW, this program rocks. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. Yea it's a bummer. i didn't go to the extremes you did but glad you did try out some things so i don't have to hehe. Wonder what happened? I just noticed it's doing it with TV shows now too. Only thing i've tried so far was deleting TMM and downloading a fresh copy. Still no dice though. poop!

*Edit* i'm going to try and turn off Fanart.tv and see if i can at least get the posters and fanart like you did.

*Edit 2* I turned off Fanart.tv scraper on Movies and now i can get the Poster and Fanart. If you leave Fanart.tv enabled then you can't scrap anything besides the nfo and are just left with .part files. That's better than nothing for now. Thanks for the tip on that one.

*Edit 3* After further fooling around i see that TV shows are not scraping right even with fanart.tv disabled. Still can't fetch the main show poster but can get the fanart, season posters and thumbs.
Seems things are back working. I was able to grab everything this morning on a few movies and a Tv show.
Hi. It seems not to be addressed for me. When I disable fanart.tv in preferences the artwork downloads for Movies. However for TV shows it's no use disabling it. It simply does not download the artwork. i hope it can be fixed.
(2017-07-27, 15:30)davisito Wrote: Hi. It seems not to be addressed for me. When I disable fanart.tv in preferences the artwork downloads for Movies. However for TV shows it's no use disabling it. It simply does not download the artwork. i hope it can be fixed.

I'm sure it will be lined out soon. Must be a kink in the system somewhere. I been scraping a bunch of my blurays i put on my pc this morning. All of them have scraped correctly. about 25 in total. i noticed a Tv show i scraped didn't grab some artwork this morning. i tried it again though and it completed. I think the servers are overloaded or something because a couple of days ago it would grab the artwork but at a snails pace. i dunno though, just guessing. i'm just a simple user hehe

I'll keep you all updated if things stop working again though. Thanks to everyone for your input.
the issue with the files not beeing able to delete is already adressed.
Should not happen again (hopefully)

Fanart.tv seems to have moved their complete site to HTTPS, utilizing a quite new "Let's Encrypt" certificate.
So you need a recent Java version, where this certificate is trusted out-of-the-box.

Namely:
  • Java 7 >= 7u111
  • Java 8 >= 8u101

Whilst i was getting an error with Java7u75, it worked immediately after upgrading my version Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Updated Java, and it worked like a treat. Not sure if the load on the fanart.tv server was fixed or it was the Java but I'm good to go either way.

Thanks myron, great program.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Yes, thank you myron, it works great now after updating Java. Regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with Scraping0