Music/Video audio normalization option
amplify audio worked better for me then the volume amplification in the new xbmc!

a divx film with ac3 is quitely

when i set now
volume amplification to 30 it works good
but now the other videos are to loud! :/

with the option "amplify audio" in the xbmp it works perfectly

the ac3 divx is louder - and the sound of the other films isnt distoreted!
well, as the topic sais Smile i really like the way foobar2000 can add replaygain information to the tags of audio files regardless if mp3, ogg etc. i am not a fan of using external programs like mp3gain because the way foobar handles it, it is much easier to undo replaygain changes made. would be nice if xbmc could read the tags made to the files, and if there would be an option to amplify the replaygained (or seperately lower the volume of not replaygained files) files by a certain db value.

for example: if replaygain scans on average lower the volume of all your sound files by lets say 6-8db, then it would be nice to add an overall db of about 3 for the replaygained files, because otherwise they are a bit too low in volume.

well, just look at the way foobar2000 does this Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
agree. i would like to see this feature in xbmc too. it is nice to have ability to play back audio collections at equal loudness without tinkering with volume settings.
some tracks are louder and some are not, it is annoying if the track volume changes between songs or while the song is playing!  Sad

ex. check the nero burning options.
this useful function was available with xbmp, i don't know why xbmc doesn't include it !?
i loved that as well... made it much easier to level media player out with my dvd player and cable box....
fyi, the official feature requests for this can be found on sourceforge.net here => configurable audio normalization levels and here (link)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
is there any way to normalize the volume when playing mp3's?

i'd like to put a large playlist together but some of my mp3's are louder than others, and some softer. when i play them, i have to keep adjusting the volume.
it's impossible to do in realtime, since we dont know the volume "ahead". but all is not lost, you can use a program called mp3gain to adjust it (windows software)

out of curiosity, does anyone know how musicmatch jukebox does it? you can normalize a playlist or the library, & it'll analyze each file. if the file has already been analyzed, it knows it & skips it. i guess this is replaygain?
i think a excellent feature would be to have a automatic audio normaliser. (if that is possible) so if you que a number of video files they all play with the same volume. i find that when i am watching some of my tv shows, as each files is coded separately, i need to constantly get up and turn up or down the tv.
i use foobar2000 as my main music player, as it's pretty much the de-facto standard for audiophiles these days. anyway, i've replaygained all of my mp3s, so i would therefore like to ask for support for replaygain in xbmc.

i don't believe it's hugely difficult to implement (it's simply a positive or negative decibel figure, stored in the id3 tag), and all of the standards are published here.

is there any chance of this happening?
Shocked very very interesting!! i have been thinking to myself how can i get my album collection on xbmc sound the same level, simple normalizing with eac just doesn't cut it. this sounds like the perfect solution!

i was thinking in the lines on a manual text file inside an album folder to tell xbmc how much to increase or reduce decibels... but this automated solution sounds perfect!!!

an opensource project, and on sourceforge...
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

devs, feedback? :bowdown:

-munde
so is that a 'no', then? the protocol is very well documented and in the public domain and xbmc already has a volume control which steps up and down in db - i believe it would be a very simple matter to read in the replaygain values and adjust the volume accordingly.

in addition, i believe if you check out the foobar2000 forums (http://forums.foobar2000.org/), the code for reading the information directly from a tag is also publicly available.

so in summation: please?
Quote:an opensource project, and on sourceforge...

normalization is bad (in eac, audiograbber...)! instead use mp3gain on your mp3, guys! it's lossless!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music/Video audio normalization option0