• 9(current)
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!
do you know if there are any other media centers out there that have managaed to make a clone of the kaleidescape GUI?

Many thanks in advance
I was wondering what happened to this kaleidescape skin? Did it end up not being possible to do or did you end up becoming too busy in other things?

I always liked how in kaleidescape you could move all the DVD cover art around the wall. That was amazing. What I like about kaleidescape is how it's so like you are holding the physical boxes in your hands. One thing I would love to see implemented is a feature in which you could use the arrow keys on your remote control like on the apple remote to actual make the DVD cover art move around 360 degrees and zoom in and out. This is a feature that not even kaleidescape has. I have always wanted to read the information on the back of the DVD. We have always seen the front cover in xbmc but seeing the back cover would be just like holding the box down in the shops. That would blow me away. Can it be done?

Many thanks in advance
Well, no. Sorry.

What's so great about that GUI that hasn't been made better in any skin for XBMC?
slippy Wrote:I was wondering what happened to this kaleidescape skin? Did it end up not being possible to do or did you end up becoming too busy in other things?

I always liked how in kaleidescape you could move all the DVD cover art around the wall. That was amazing. What I like about kaleidescape is how it's so like you are holding the physical boxes in your hands. One thing I would love to see implemented is a feature in which you could use the arrow keys on your remote control like on the apple remote to actual make the DVD cover art move around 360 degrees and zoom in and out. This is a feature that not even kaleidescape has. I have always wanted to read the information on the back of the DVD. We have always seen the front cover in xbmc but seeing the back cover would be just like holding the box down in the shops. That would blow me away. Can it be done?

Many thanks in advance

Could be done but you would need a scraper to pull images for the entire DVD case. But it is possible.
Wir3d Wrote:Could be done but you would need a scraper to pull images for the entire DVD case. But it is possible.

Someone could talk to brian over at mymovies.dk. I think he opened his webservice up to developers, but there are restrictions. I think to use his web service he requires that you bundle his CM software with yours. You also have to restrict features, so that people have to contribute and accumulate so many points to unlock all of the features. That wouldn't really fit in with XBMC's vision.

I used to use MM, but got sick of the "contribution" requirements. It's a nice addon, but it isn't worth paying for, imho. It seems like every new movie that comes out is instantly in the webservice. I think some people get movies before they are released to the general public and add them in. So it's a PITA to get contribution points that way. Thank god I found XBMC. MM can't even come close to matching it.Big Grin I will give credit to brian though, his webservice is pretty nice, but he doesn't have fanart.Nod
I'm new to this forum. I just played with a Kaleidescape server the other day and a google search brought me over here. I figured someone had replicated this already and it looks like it is still a work in progress. Is there a way to get the code for what has already been done. I would like to help or continue development on this if possible.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!0