• 4(current)
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!
Is there a way you can pull my kalidescape stuff from the features forum to here, and stick the microsoft screen stuff in a new thread. I hope it wasn't totally my fault, but the subjects are all over the place, it's hard to keep track.

PS Can you please edit (or tell me how to edit) the title of this thread, I was up for a long time when I typed it, so some of the words got left in my head. It should have read "I have been working on a Kaleidescape Skin, I need some help thou.
Sorry.
MacGyver Wrote:I like a challenge (coding not people) Smile
I only made mine because I was reading this post, and the link to the real website, and read the whole "..have a crew member fix it without you ever knowing there was a problem.." thing and got pissed off because of the smugness of the comment, so I coded their little interface in 30 min.
I'll post all the source I wrote, I like figuring out problems, and since I SUCK at artwork, it would be a waste for me not to give it to someone with better skills then myself to finish it.
Maybe my source will give him ideas, I come up with ugly wierd code that most people would say would work, but somehow does. (selftaught,sorry)
.Cool

I have started a skin as mentioned, but I like you, am a coder. My graphics skills suck!!! I wanted to create a Kaleidescape skin because it was clean with minimal eye candy, since I can't create eye candy:confused2:

I like your work and you have gotten alot farther than I have. I see that there is more skin engine development talk here than on x-b scene and I like that. jmarshall does a great job to post on both forumsBig Grin

I like the microsoft view that you created it looks awesome. Maybe we can throw some ideas together and create a skin that is clean, yet looks awesome.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Just wanted to say that I liked the effect an put it together with Clearity:

Code:
<include name="Common_WrapList">
    <!--<control type="image">
        <posx>63</posx>
        <posy>106</posy>
        <width>595</width>
        <height>80</height>
        <texture>Panel_Top.png</texture>
        <include>common-fade</include>
        <visible>Control.IsVisible(54)</visible>
    </control>-->
        <posx>63</posx>
        <posy>414</posy>
        <width>595</width>
        <height>80</height>
        <texture>Panel_Bottom.png</texture>
    </control>-->
    <control type="image">
        <description>Black Panel</description>
        <posx>63</posx>
        <posy>110</posy>
        <width>595</width>
        <height>380</height>
        <texture>Black.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="wraplist" id="54">
        <viewtype label="WrapList">wrap</viewtype>
        <posx>65</posx>
        <posy>130</posy>
        <width>595</width>
        <height>355</height>
        <onleft>54</onleft>
        <onright>54</onright>
        <onup>2</onup>
        <ondown>2</ondown>
        <focusposition>2</focusposition>
        <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
        <itemlayout height="355" width="102">
            <control type="image">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>100</posy>
                <width>95</width>
                <height>120</height>
                <info>ListItem.Icon</info>
                <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>339</posy>
                <width>95</width>
                <height>-120</height>
                <colordiffuse topleft="007f7f7f" topright="007f7f7f">7f7f7f7f</colordiffuse>
            </control>
        </itemlayout>
        <focusedlayout height="140" width="190">
            <control type="image">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>179</width>
                <height>230</height>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="60,100,85,120" end="0,0,179,230" time="100">Focus</animation>

</control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>460</posy>
                <width>179</width>
                <height>-230</height>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="60,339,85,-120" end="0,460,179,-230" time="100">Focus</animation>
                <colordiffuse topleft="007f7f7f" topright="007f7f7f">7f7f7f7f</colordiffuse>
            </control>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>195</width>
                <height>250</height>
                <texture>Folder-Focus.png</texture>
                <animation effect="zoom" end="0,0,195,250" time="500">Focus</animation>
            </control>-->

</focusedlayout>
    </control>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>100</posy>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>101</height>
        <texture>Background-Overlay-TopLine2.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>FFffffff</colordiffuse>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>400</posy>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>101</height>
        <texture>Background-Overlay-BottomLine2.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>FFffffff</colordiffuse>
    </control> -->
    <control type="label">
        <posx>60</posx>
        <posy>440</posy>
        <width>600</width>
        <height>16</height>
        <font>special18</font>
        <textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor>
        <align>center</align>
        <info>ListItem.Label</info>
        <include>selectedcolor</include>
    </control>
    <control type="label">
        <posx>90</posx>
        <posy>135</posy>
        <width>400</width>
        <height>400</height>
        <font>fontW</font>
        <align>left</align>
        <textcolor>90cbcbcb</textcolor>
        <include>selectedcolor</include>
        <info>ListItem.Label2</info>
        <visible>Control.HasFocus(54)</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" time="400" delay="2000">VisibleChange</animation>
    </control>
        <control type="label">
        <posx>450</posx>
        <posy>135</posy>
        <width>400</width>
        <height>16</height>
        <font>font13</font>
        <include>selectedcolor2</include>
        <info>ListItem.Year</info>
    </control>
    <control type="label">
        <posx>450</posx>
        <posy>155</posy>
        <width>200</width>
        <height>16</height>
        <font>font13</font>
        <include>selectedcolor2</include>
        <info>ListItem.Genre</info>
        <scroll>true</scroll>
    </control>
</include>

/mvh Tomas
That won't work any longer. See the Clearity SVN for how it should be done now.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Alrighty then, things move fast, which is great work by you guys.
feel more than free to remove my previous post.

/mvh Tomas
Question 
Thanks again.
I've been away skiing at Garmish-P for the last few days, and came back to see that people will now know I can speak english.

I see that Clearity now supports reflections, that's cool, my time to work on things comes and goes, so at least I know someone is making complete usefull things, rather then just one list view.

Is there a new build of t3ch that supports Jmarshall's code updates?

Thanks again for all your help in figuring out stuff.
No, not yet.
I would say since the skin engine has many new excellent features being added one after the other, (Love you Jmarshall!) It would be best to go ahead and compile your own. The FAQ wiki helped me out on what I needed to find.
("VS.NET 2003 PRO", XDK (I think "XDK 5933" is the one being distributed now.) TortoiseSVN)
I don't think you'll need the PRO version, but thats the one I got and everything works like a charm.

But ***** won't be there for the pirated warez. So Good Luck!

This may help bring light to the unclear parts:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=XDK
Google may also point you in the right direction if you use the right "keywords"Wink .
I have a suggestion....

There has been a python script around for quite a while on xbmcscripts.com called "Kaleidascrape" that adds Kaleidascape functionality to xbmc, and it's really pretty cool. What it does is you queue up a Video File, and then run the script, and it adds a few video files of your choice to the playlist before the originally queued file, and it plays them all. You can add a folder for Movie Trailers, a folder for those Audio Intros for Dolby Digital or THX or whatever, a folder for the Studio Intros, if you'd like, and also a folder for Home Theater Intros, and it chooses one or two random videos from all the folders, depending on how many you set it to, and those are the videos it adds before the feature presentation. For those of you wondering what i mean by Home Theater Intro, these are generally elaborate Cinematic sequences which start with "Welcome to the Smith Family Theater" or something like that and end with "And now, your feature presentation." You can get these customized especially for you (generally costs at least 25 bucks, and depending on teh quality, may cost over a 100 for extremely high end ones), or you can get generic ones for free that would work for anybody.

However, this script has since been broken by changes in the way xbmc handles playlists, along with other changes probably. Somebody though updated it a few months ago, and they also added a couple of new featuers, including the ability to enable a trivia slideshow thing like they have before movies start in theaters, which I thought was a pretty cool feature, and you can make it play music from a particular directory while doing the slideshow, so I put a bunch of music from various movies in a directory and bought a pack of slides for exactly this sort of application for about 3 bucks from a guy over on avs forums i believe and it works great. Also, this guy was attempting to add add a function where it would automatically connect to the apple movie trailer database and grab a couple of random trailers from the "New" category and automatically queue those up instead of Trailers on your hard drive. I don't know if he ever got this working, but it would also be a great feature.

Anyway, I think it would be a great script to try to integrate into the skin, and make it slightly more user friendly. Right now, you have to do a bit of XML editing to tell it where to find the various files and how many of each to play and so on. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to just make this customizable from within the skin, something that could be found under "Skin Options" as seems to be the trend of the last few months.

Here are some links to get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Link to the broken script on XBMCScripts.com:
http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.php?opt...ape%20v0.1

Link to the thread where the guy updated the script and added the Trivia Slides functionality (look in the second post):
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s...38697&st=0

Link to downloadable Intro Clips:
http://www.dvdloc8.com/list_dvd_clip.php

Link to Trivia Slides CD Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=564456

Links to Home Theater Intros (can also find some people doing personalized intros on AVS Forums for cheap):

HIGH End (you can find them far cheaper other places, but still spendy..but REALLY cool):
http://www.htmarket.com/perdvdhomthe.html

Lower End than the link above, but still good, and also lower priced:
http://www.cinemawise.com/gallery.htm (I like the "Home Theater Animation" best)
http://store.customintros.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=20 (you can get these ones for only 12 bucks if you don't care about having your name in it, and only slightly more for personalizing it)
http://hometheaterintro.com/ (I like these least of all, but figured i'd link to them anyway)

Note that almost all of these have sample videos you can download, so if you don't care if the video is perfect and pristine DVD quality, you could just use these for free.

Here is a thread that shows you how to make your own pretty high quality intro with the name of your "theater" and everything in it for free Big Grin:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=715166
For a video of one of the many styles of intros you can make using this thread, check out the link here:
[url=http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/lnk/ca20win15017/GregPowers/Powers_Intro_DSL.wmv/play.asx][/url]

So, you could just integrate the script part, and add links to sites like these in the readme, instructing people how to go about adding their own intros. Anyway, its just a thought. I personally loved the Kaleidascrape script while it worked. It's amazing how jazzed for a movie some of those intro vids can get you.
thanks, timdog.

those are some really helpful links! Smile
sorry, looks like my last link didn't work. Here's a link to that video, its at the bottom of the page:

http://www.stargateunofficial.com/HT_Downloads.asp
I totally forgot to mention, that I think, though I'm not sure, that the updated script might be broken now too. I imagine that for anybody that knew python well could fix it fairly quickly, though I don't really know.
i just quickly looked over the script and i think i know whats wrong. try just change the playlist number to 1.

#Get the XBMC video playlist#
plist = xbmc.PlayList(1)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks kraqh3d, the script starts now, and it does the whole triva slideshow with music bit, but after that it just ends and doesn't play any of the intro vids, or the original queued video file.
you should confirm that the correct items are in the queue. they should be in the video now playing window.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!0