• 4(current)
Should I configure Kodi with 2160p (4K) or 1080p resolution (upscaling)?
@fritsch
Hi, it seems that I finally found my "problem" in you little feature.

Is it somehow possible to disable the resolution adjustment but keeping the refreshrate accurate?
I couldn' find any switch in as.xml or any other info on google.

I hope there is nya way to turn this of besides editing the edid info, as I did not manage this a few times before already.
There is no way to turn it off. I had a setting for it, but it was decided against workarounding broken hardware, like vendor shipped broken edid.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Edid is just fine. I just don't want any 4K Output but also no stuttering picture :/
Who ever chose to not make this optional should overthink there decisions and reasons.

Also no way back by recompiling 16.1?
(2016-06-14, 17:49)dhjgv Wrote: Edid is just fine. I just don't want any 4K Output but also no stuttering picture :/
Who ever chose to not make this optional should overthink there decisions and reasons.

What's the issue outputting 4k content at 4k?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-06, 12:29)Nazgulled Wrote: I don't think it is... I have a Zotac GT 720 (full specs). Looking at the specs, it can only output 2160p @ 30hz, but 1080p @ 60hz.

That would be correct. To my knowledge, as of today, the only video cards on the market with HDMI 2.0 support are GeForce 9xx (and now 10xx) video cards, all of which would otherwise be rather overkill for an HTPC)

At least this was the case a couple of months ago when I last researched it.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
(2016-06-14, 17:54)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-06-14, 17:49)dhjgv Wrote: Edid is just fine. I just don't want any 4K Output but also no stuttering picture :/

What's the issue outputting 4k content at 4k?

I ripped some 3D isos into full sbs to be able to watch it in 2D without losing the fullhd Picture (file has 3840x1080).

Playing that file (3d or 2d) sets my TV to 4K, but that crappy Sony TV can't do 3D for 4K Input.
So for 3D I have to rerip all to h-sbs and keep a second Version for full HD.

Hope that explains my "wish" for an option switch. Hopefully it will find its way into 17.0 (or at least some option in as.xml)

Nevertheless keep up that good work! Smile
Here, try this: http://sprunge.us/iPGC

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<adjustrefreshrate>
<allowresolutionchange>false</allowresolutionchange>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
Compiling is running.

Thank you very much for this quick work!! Smile
Will revert with results.

€dit:
As far as I can see, you are only checking the width of the video?
Than maybe I will just rerip the discs into Full Over/under as this should not result in switching to 4k.
It will choose the nearest matching width of a resolution. E.g. 8192 will match 3840. Height is not relevant as most are cropped anyways.
I don't need to turn the resolution change off then Smile

I will rerip to 3d TAB and all is fine!
So - does the above patch work? If yes I consider PRing it - no time for testing it currently.
Testing is possible earliest on friday.
I will revert once done.
Doesn't work for me Confused

When compiling, it asked me what file (for some reason the resolution.cpp was not in that directory). After creating that file and pointing to it, all went smooth. The File was patched afterwards.

Either I did something wrong (most likely) or your little tweek does not work as expected.
Then you compile the wrong tree. This is based on v17.
Indeed I compiled LE 7.0 (16.1)
Sorry for not mentioning.
Will try 7.9 when I'm back from holiday.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I configure Kodi with 2160p (4K) or 1080p resolution (upscaling)?0