• 2(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2015-10-08, 04:26)Anku13 Wrote: I tired with Indian IP (working on my laptop with Chrome added on) but no luck.. after selecting movie it shows nothing..

error stack

Code:
1:17:58 T:1693874632   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning
21:18:06 T:1681239024  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
21:18:08 T:1494383592 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

Just verified working. Twice. try different IP, not sure if its IP thing.
Another great addon. Thanks once again. Smile
(2015-10-08, 05:13)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 04:26)Anku13 Wrote: I tired with Indian IP (working on my laptop with Chrome added on) but no luck.. after selecting movie it shows nothing..

error stack

Code:
1:17:58 T:1693874632   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning
21:18:06 T:1681239024  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
21:18:08 T:1494383592 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

Thanks.. I will try it again.. just fyi.. I am using nirsoft to get the ip.. also notice that there was url in plugin for IP.. should I get valid IP from there?
(2015-10-08, 16:38)Anku13 Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 05:13)yocoldrain Wrote:

error stack

Code:
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning

Thanks.. I will try it again.. just fyi.. I am using nirsoft to get the ip.. also notice that there was url in plugin for IP.. should I get valid IP from there?

not sure what nirsoft is, but if you look at the url, it just shows list of indian ip address ranges. If you're in usa and watching movies then you prob. dont need vpn just enter an ip from range on that page.
Sports section is very flimsy. I had an IP working yesterday but today it doesn't seem to work. Other section videos just play fine.
(2015-10-08, 16:53)siuside Wrote: Sports section is very flimsy. I had an IP working yesterday but today it doesn't seem to work. Other section videos just play fine.

flimsy as in videos on website with webbrowser are not working, generally? or It's working on webbrowser but inside addon does not work?
I meant flimsy to play the sports vod because of IP checks, not the quality of the videos themselves. Only the sports section is giving me trouble and I have tried a few different IP ranges from the bitly link. I am guessing we are just doing an x-forwarded-for and I remember SS working fine during the world back with a chrome extension which let you edit x-f-f, so it should be good enough. Anyone have a working range, I wouldn't mind a PM even if it is the first 2-3 octets Wink
(2015-10-08, 18:26)siuside Wrote: I meant flimsy to play the sports vod because of IP checks, not the quality of the videos themselves. Only the sports section is giving me trouble and I have tried a few different IP ranges from the bitly link. I am guessing we are just doing an x-forwarded-for and I remember SS working fine during the world back with a chrome extension which let you edit x-f-f, so it should be good enough. Anyone have a working range, I wouldn't mind a PM even if it is the first 2-3 octets Wink

really odd, one that I'm using seems to work perfectly for all sports i've tried. so key here is finding right IP, and yup XFF is the way here.
(2015-10-08, 16:51)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 16:38)Anku13 Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 05:13)yocoldrain Wrote: Just verified working. Twice. try different IP, not sure if its IP thing.

not sure what nirsoft is, but if you look at the url, it just shows list of indian ip address ranges. If you're in usa and watching movies then you prob. dont need vpn just enter an ip from range on that page.

Thanks for help.. I got it working.. I had Kodi 14 and needed to upgrade it Kodi 15 to get it working.. Looking great.. loving the video quality..
(2015-10-09, 20:37)Anku13 Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 16:51)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 16:38)Anku13 Wrote: Thanks.. I will try it again.. just fyi.. I am using nirsoft to get the ip.. also notice that there was url in plugin for IP.. should I get valid IP from there?

Thanks for help.. I got it working.. I had Kodi 14 and needed to upgrade it Kodi 15 to get it working.. Looking great.. loving the video quality..

cool, yea. I forgot to mention in original thread that this might only work in Kodi 15 and above. time to update original.
Works for me in kodi 14 helix just fine
It doesn't play in fire tv : (
i tried several ips
(2015-10-10, 03:32)NeelP Wrote: It doesn't play in fire tv : (
i tried several ips

I have fire tv. it works. BTW, I've fixed directory play and not staying on same directory issue for Hotstar and ditto both. I'll prob. push fix later on or early tomorrow.
(2015-10-10, 03:35)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 03:32)NeelP Wrote: It doesn't play in fire tv : (
i tried several ips

I have fire tv. it works. BTW, I've fixed directory play and not staying on same directory issue for Hotstar and ditto both. I'll prob. push fix later on or early tomorrow.

Thanks
Ok, so ended up doing 2 push today, second push (1.0.3) is to fix previous push.

Added direct video play from directory and stay on same directory instead of falling on to empty directory. This will also help in resuming videos. Video load maybe somewhat faster due to video fix. One thing to note is that, you'll see inputstream errors(1 per video) in your log, but they are expected due to the way addon is designed. I'd recommend loading 20 videos at time so you dont see hugh number of errors in your log. This should not hurt your experience with Kodi at any point, unless you never exit out of Kodi and your log file is enormously huge.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4