• 9(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2016-02-13, 18:55)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 10:53)samreen Wrote: Nice addon, but its not really working well, like with indian proxy, still it shows limited shows compare to the website, and from that limited option, only some working and some showing errors....

What is the third bullet in OP(Original Post), under whats required on your part.

you are right, sorry my bad, i did add indian ip, but as you mentioned, still the full site is not available, so most of the shows are not available.

Thanks any ways.
I get this now after i updated with what u posted below.. Any fix for this mate. TIA

11:30:50 T:1751923680 ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/lates...ingwarning.
SNIMissingWarning
11:30:50 T:1751923680 ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/lates...ormwarning.
InsecurePlatformWarning
11:30:51 T:1751923680 ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:791: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
InsecureRequestWarning)
11:30:51 T:1751923680 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hotstar-rain/default.py", line 478, in <module>
get_video_url()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hotstar-rain/default.py", line 350, in get_video_url
raw3_start = videos[0][1]
IndexError: list index out of range

(2016-02-14, 04:18)gujal Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 17:36)ncube2 Wrote: I have the same issue.. worked fine until few weeks back, now i cant play live sports section.
Let me know if there is a fix.
Thanks.
Here's a snippet of my log if it helps.
09:32:54 T:1563737664 ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/lates...ingwarning.
SNIMissingWarning
09:32:54 T:1563737664 ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/lates...ormwarning.
InsecurePlatformWarning
09:32:55 T:1563737664 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range

(2016-01-30, 06:15)sunmun Wrote: Thanks @ycoldrain. Strange that it is not working on my setup, whereas it was working fine till 2-3 weeks back. I will figure it out myself. Thanks for your great work @ycoldrain.
Yes that error is because the site is using TLS over HTTPS. It is simple to fix it, I am sure YoColdRain will patch it in his next release
until then you can do the following.
In default.py file Line 46
Code:
response = s.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=s.cookies)
Change it to
Code:
response = s.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=s.cookies, verify=False)
(2016-02-25, 19:33)ncube2 Wrote: I get this now after i updated with what u posted below.. Any fix for this mate. TIA

It's important to post what you tried to play when reaching your errors. From your errors, it seems like you tried playing geo-blocked stream.

some suggestions
1. try playing same stream on browser
2. if its playing there and not under addon, then tell us what it is you were playing and your location.

p.s. asia cup streams are geo blocked even tho it says Free Live.
new fix Version 1.0.6 - fixed missing TV shows, and added verify=False
many thanks bro for this awesome hotstar add on. u r a genius..
is there any chance of including malayalam tv shows in it

i was desperate to watch this show in particular > http://www.hotstar.com/tv/asianet-film-awards/2796
(2016-02-27, 01:44)shopaholic Wrote: many thanks bro for this awesome hotstar add on. u r a genius..
is there any chance of including malayalam tv shows in it

i was desperate to watch this show in particular > http://www.hotstar.com/tv/asianet-film-awards/2796
It is there and working fine. Just select malayalam as language in the add on settings
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2016-02-27, 06:58)gujal Wrote: It is there and working fine. Just select malayalam as language in the add on settings

many thanks bro..
it worked and i am getting the listing for malayalam now..
but in tv shows section the latest ones are not showing up..
Movies work, but live sports doesn't. It doesn't work on the website also. 2 weeks back, I got kabadi matches live on Kodi. But, none of the asiacup matches worked for me. Has something changed on hotstar that this method stopped working for live sports?

Thanks.
(2016-03-07, 23:20)juwin_pt Wrote: Movies work, but live sports doesn't. It doesn't work on the website also. 2 weeks back, I got kabadi matches live on Kodi. But, none of the asiacup matches worked for me. Has something changed on hotstar that this method stopped working for live sports?

Thanks.

no one knows what exactly get geo blocked. I had a theory, that asia cup matches and ind/lanka series didnt show up due to copyright issues or something but they may have completely blocked sports.. And you never know, WT20 might show up working again.
Star India is the official broadcaster of ICC, ACC and BCCI and it blocks all the matches and streams with f4m streams. if you can link the addon to f4m tester, maybe the files will work.
Highlights for T-20 world cup are working in the latest version of the add-on
Serials are not working. Not even a single one. I am using in India via india n IP.
Please take a look at this.
Inspected the log. Gives error stream not available.
(2016-03-12, 12:09)amanker Wrote: Serials are not working. Not even a single one. I am using in India via india n IP.

not sure what you meant by using in India via india n IP.

please be more detailed, as in which serial, don't say not a single one... because I just played (AIB) one.

Does this work in browser? if does, try to capture a fiddler log so we can inspect whats going on...

don't be that guy!
Hi

Few observations:
1. Most serials are thereand playing well (I watched few episodes of Sarabhai vs Sarabhai)
2. Movies are working too. (I tried playing movie Talvar, and it worked)
3. In case of Featured (home page) :
- Tested on android app on mobile (Oneplus One) : live matches are playing - I watched few qualifiers
- Tested on Shield android TV - The live games did not work. Tried disbling hardware acceleration, it still did not work.
4. All other sports videos work fine.

I have tested all above mentioned videos on hitstar web/hotstar app: the work fine!
(2016-03-12, 20:17)dhavalmp Wrote: Hi

Few observations:
1. Most serials are thereand playing well (I watched few episodes of Sarabhai vs Sarabhai)
2. Movies are working too. (I tried playing movie Talvar, and it worked)
3. In case of Featured (home page) :
- Tested on android app on mobile (Oneplus One) : live matches are playing - I watched few qualifiers
- Tested on Shield android TV - The live games did not work. Tried disbling hardware acceleration, it still did not work.
4. All other sports videos work fine.

I have tested all above mentioned videos on hitstar web/hotstar app: the work fine!

Thanks Dhaval. question regarding live games working on mobile but not in shield, which country are you in? Also, they work in browser for you?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4