• 14(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2016-04-09, 07:16)raaj786 Wrote: Hi ...

I am from USA and don't have a INDIA VPN.. so on hotstar I tried using IP's given in this URL bit.ly/1LhsHMX but getting " No video Links IP Issue ?? " what am I missing here Huh? Please Advise....

Not all links specifically live streams won't work with Indian IP. They are geo-locked so you need VPN.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
Just FYI, IPL should be working (at least for now) using indian IP under addon settings.

have fun.

edit: AHHH, no links error. let me look into this..

EDIT2 - SOLUTION:

for now use "let me choose" or "highest" quality option, until i get back from vacation to fix other quality options.
(2016-04-09, 04:02)ace310 Wrote: Anybody got this working with India VPN without any buffering issues? Like mentioned before. Which VPN providers are you using?

Edit: I think there is no buffer/cache being used even for non-live streams. Is it just how this addon is created or Hotstar itself don't support it? If I play any movie or show it never buffers it even if I pause it for sometime.

not sure what you meant by buffer, but try using indian IP without VPN and see how that plays out for you (for today's IPL game).
(2016-04-09, 18:36)yocoldrain Wrote: not sure what you meant by buffer, but try using indian IP without VPN and see how that plays out for you (for today's IPL game).

Normally any video when played starts getting buffered. As it can be seen if you are playing any locally stored video or any video being played from streaming links like thevideo, letswatch, youtube etc. This would mean that the whole video gets saved in a cache which can be played without the connection to the server. That's the reason why all streaming sites say to pause video for few seconds in the beginning to buffer some of the video for low bandwidth user.

And looking at all the non-live links like highlights, tv shows etc in this addon don't do any kind of buffering. So was wondering if addon is not doing it or Hotstar don't support it.

I hope this makes sense.

Edit: Can't watch live match as it is in the middle of the night for this part of the world. But highlights didn't work with just the Indian IP. Tried couple of IP's. So used VPN. Got it working but with buffering issues.

Edit 2: Looks like it is the same on the website as well. Sad
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
@yocoldrain, geoblocked meaning I need India VPN and India IP wont help?? Browser doesnt work (sports) and as I said even adding X-Forwarded-For header via curl on the browser request doesnt change the "Access denied" error
(2016-04-11, 06:51)ktaragorn Wrote: @yocoldrain, geoblocked meaning I need India VPN and India IP wont help?? Browser doesnt work (sports) and as I said even adding X-Forwarded-For header via curl on the browser request doesnt change the "Access denied" error

Yes, thats exactly what it means. If you have India VPN OR if you're in India then Indian IP setting in addon should be turned off. For others, Indian IP setting in addon doesn't mean everything will work (it could be geoblocked), so trial and error for that method.
@yocoldrain Got it thanks, Too bad..

BTW unrelated suggestion, The language setting right now is quite hidden and undiscoverable, why not make it a bit easier to reach? One way other addons do is to make language the first menu level (see Einthusan). If you want you can add a "let me choose" option to language as well which forces that option, so that we can choose. For myself I can see me watching Hindi/English/Tamil stuff, but it is hard to switch around.
(2016-04-12, 05:26)ktaragorn Wrote: @yocoldrain Got it thanks, Too bad..

BTW unrelated suggestion, The language setting right now is quite hidden and undiscoverable, why not make it a bit easier to reach? One way other addons do is to make language the first menu level (see Einthusan). If you want you can add a "let me choose" option to language as well which forces that option, so that we can choose. For myself I can see me watching Hindi/English/Tamil stuff, but it is hard to switch around.

yes, its Just another directory level. I'll most likely add this when time permits.
Are you open to a pull request regarding this? I might be able to help.
(2016-04-13, 06:14)ktaragorn Wrote: Are you open to a pull request regarding this? I might be able to help.

Most certainly, go for it.
Sad 
I just installed the add-on and tried several different Indian IP addresses but the only thing that works is the Movies, the Sports and TV Shows always gives "IP Error?" message Huh
Question 
(2016-04-15, 19:32)jbloggs Wrote: I just installed the add-on and tried several different Indian IP addresses but the only thing that works is the Movies, the Sports and TV Shows always gives "IP Error?" message Huh

I too have the same error. I would like to add that when I switch the quality settings to 'let me choose' no links show up. Movies work and some shows such as award shows but most don't. I am not from India so can't check if it's an issue on their website.
@yolcoldrain - Have a weird issue.. Am able to play the match highlights/movies on my Fire TV but i get No video Links IP Issue ?? on my Fire stick.
Am using the same (latest version) on both devices. So is there a fix ?
Thanks !
(2016-04-26, 16:11)ncube2 Wrote: @yolcoldrain - Have a weird issue.. Am able to play the match highlights/movies on my Fire TV but i get No video Links IP Issue ?? on my Fire stick.
Thanks !

have you changed video quality settings to highest or let me choose and pick option from there?
I have it set to 720p on my Fire tv and it's working. I did try to change it to Highest/Let me choose on my Fire stick but that doesn't help either.
I don't have indian ip enabled on either devices.

(2016-04-26, 16:13)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 16:11)ncube2 Wrote: @yolcoldrain - Have a weird issue.. Am able to play the match highlights/movies on my Fire TV but i get No video Links IP Issue ?? on my Fire stick.
Thanks !

have you changed video quality settings to highest or let me choose and pick option from there?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4