• 15(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2016-04-26, 16:17)ncube2 Wrote: I have it set to 720p on my Fire tv and it's working. I did try to change it to Highest/Let me choose on my Fire stick but that doesn't help either.
I don't have indian ip enabled on either devices.

(2016-04-26, 16:13)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 16:11)ncube2 Wrote: @yolcoldrain - Have a weird issue.. Am able to play the match highlights/movies on my Fire TV but i get No video Links IP Issue ?? on my Fire stick.
Am using the same (latest version) on both devices. So is there a fix ?
Thanks !

have you changed video quality settings to highest or let me choose and pick option from there?

I suspect there is some other issue, if you have similar settings between both devices then same video should work. There is nothing specific per device, if they both have kodi and addon then it just works. (shot in the dark - is it possible firestick is not on same network(im assuming you're using VPN at router level and I don't think you're in India)
Only difference is my fire stick is connected via wifi whereas my fire tv is on (LAN) ethernet connection but on the same network.

(2016-04-26, 16:21)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 16:17)ncube2 Wrote: I have it set to 720p on my Fire tv and it's working. I did try to change it to Highest/Let me choose on my Fire stick but that doesn't help either.

(2016-04-26, 16:13)yocoldrain Wrote: have you changed video quality settings to highest or let me choose and pick option from there?

I suspect there is some other issue, if you have similar settings between both devices then same video should work. There is nothing specific per device, if they both have kodi and addon then it just works. (shot in the dark - is it possible firestick is not on same network(im assuming you're using VPN at router level and I don't think you're in India)
(2016-04-26, 16:31)ncube2 Wrote: Only difference is my fire stick is connected via wifi whereas my fire tv is on (LAN) ethernet connection but on the same network.

(2016-04-26, 16:21)yocoldrain Wrote:

okay, forgot to mention but don't use 720 as a test, keep it to highest. and VPN settings are at router level?
How can I login to my Hotstar account from this plugin? I have a subscription. I am using the Kodi plugin since hotstar doesn't work on Linux computers. Some shows don't run without logging in first (Game of Thrones).
Yes vpn is at router level but wifi connection don't seem to work for addon.

(2016-04-26, 16:33)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 16:31)ncube2 Wrote: Only difference is my fire stick is connected via wifi whereas my fire tv is on (LAN) ethernet connection but on the same network.

(2016-04-26, 16:21)yocoldrain Wrote: I suspect there is some other issue, if you have similar settings between both devices then same video should work. There is nothing specific per device, if they both have kodi and addon then it just works. (shot in the dark - is it possible firestick is not on same network(im assuming you're using VPN at router level and I don't think you're in India)
okay, forgot to mention but don't use 720 as a test, keep it to highest. and VPN settings are at router level?
(2016-04-27, 18:17)baccilus Wrote: How can I login to my Hotstar account from this plugin? I have a subscription. I am using the Kodi plugin since hotstar doesn't work on Linux computers. Some shows don't run without logging in first (Game of Thrones).
Can anyone help me here please.

Sent from my SM-G900H
Thumbs Up 
(2016-04-18, 21:52)kothary_vikash Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 19:32)jbloggs Wrote: I just installed the add-on and tried several different Indian IP addresses but the only thing that works is the Movies, the Sports and TV Shows always gives "IP Error?" message Huh

I too have the same error. I would like to add that when I switch the quality settings to 'let me choose' no links show up. Movies work and some shows such as award shows but most don't. I am not from India so can't check if it's an issue on their website.

@yocoldrain l am following up regarding this issue. I'd really appriciate it if you could help sort it out as your plugin is the only way I have been able to view this content in the UK. Great plugin otherwise. Hope to hear from you soon.

EDIT: @jbloggs Did you manage to find a solution?
(2016-05-09, 16:24)kothary_vikash Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 21:52)kothary_vikash Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 19:32)jbloggs Wrote: I just installed the add-on and tried several different Indian IP addresses but the only thing that works is the Movies, the Sports and TV Shows always gives "IP Error?" message Huh

I too have the same error. I would like to add that when I switch the quality settings to 'let me choose' no links show up. Movies work and some shows such as award shows but most don't. I am not from India so can't check if it's an issue on their website.

@yocoldrain l am following up regarding this issue. I'd really appriciate it if you could help sort it out as your plugin is the only way I have been able to view this content in the UK. Great plugin otherwise. Hope to hear from you soon.

no one has replied because you obviously haven't read original(first) post properly. Third bullet under whats required on your part.
(2016-05-09, 16:27)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-05-09, 16:24)kothary_vikash Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 21:52)kothary_vikash Wrote: I too have the same error. I would like to add that when I switch the quality settings to 'let me choose' no links show up. Movies work and some shows such as award shows but most don't. I am not from India so can't check if it's an issue on their website.

no one has replied because you obviously haven't read original(first) post properly. Third bullet under whats required on your part.

I apologise for the inconvenience. Thank you for your help.
I have reported this as a github issue as well, but when I watch movie I am not able to use the subtitles system to download subtitles to that movie. It would be great if i could do this.
(2016-05-25, 18:02)ktaragorn Wrote: I have reported this as a github issue as well, but when I watch movie I am not able to use the subtitles system to download subtitles to that movie. It would be great if i could do this.

github issues will never be answered, don't need to have 2 places for addon QandA. what is subtitle system? kodi subtitles have nothing to do with addon subs (which I've never programmed).
By subtitles system I meant Kodi subtitles addon i guess. Considering I still see the button in the viewer when watching the stream, and that it loads subtitles, I would presume there just needs to be a way to communicate to it the name of the video stream. This works in 1Channel, should be possible to get it working here.
new update 1.0.8 - added 720p sports links streaming option (must use Let Me Choose as quality option), also fixed subtitles integration with 3rd party services(this will not work with Let Me choose quality option)
@yocoldrain

I am able to play Featured/Home page videos on the browser just fine with the DNS proxy active (Example IPL Final), but cannot play in the addon (tried with and without Indian IP, DNS proxy active at all times in the Kodi box).

I tried it with an Indian VPN connection and it still said IP issue. I think it is a matter of user agent? THe XFF stuff doesn't work for sports

Code:
Referer:http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2016-final-rcb-vs-srh/2001509237
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36
X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest

Here are some more menu items and error codes

Code:
http://www.hotstar.com/properties.JSON

Main menu
Code:
http://media0-starag.startv.in/json/Channel_show_region.json
(2016-05-29, 17:33)siuside Wrote: @yocoldrain

I am able to play Featured/Home page videos on the browser just fine with the DNS proxy active (Example IPL Final), but cannot play in the addon (tried with and without Indian IP, DNS proxy active at all times in the Kodi box).

I tried it with an Indian VPN connection and it still said IP issue. I think it is a matter of user agent? THe XFF stuff doesn't work for sports

Code:
Referer:http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2016-final-rcb-vs-srh/2001509237
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36
X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest

Here are some more menu items and error codes

Code:
http://www.hotstar.com/properties.JSON

Main menu
Code:
http://media0-starag.startv.in/json/Channel_show_region.json

is this with latest push? the code that I added to get 720p working is tested with XFF with no vpn solution and its working ATM. But I also went ahead and added same code for VPN, and since I don't have vpn, I couldn't really test this part. if it worked for you under previous version then stick with that.

also to reiterate, if you are using vpn or any other solution then make sure use Indian IP under settings is disabled.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4