• 31(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
@newsera and others:

VPN is not a prerequisite for using Kodi. Technical talks about VPN topics are to be held in the Off-topic section. Talks or recommendations of VPN providers (for free or otherwise) is off limits.

Team Kodi is getting more strict on any VPN and its advertising.
Should we keep the hope on this add-on ? Will it ever work ?
But the issue is not of it being geo blocked as it would have said ip issue which it did at the start but I resolved that
@gujal 

PLease help
@ginodave 
As far as I can tell, this addon works fine in India which is Hotstar's target geographic location. If it does not work outside India it cannot be discussed (as per this forum's guidelines) as it is not an issue with addon
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Hello Everyone, 

I don't see any channel or videos playing in hotstar add on since last two weeks, it gives play back error and asks to check the log information when attempted.  Nothing in the settings is changed from the state when it was playing. Also, I observe the same behavior with other addon as well. Please help me fixing this issue or kindly refer me to thread that deals with these kind of issues. 
Thanks
also, after going through few internet videos I tried add some repo(s), while adding it gives a error- "Cannot retrieve the directory, could be because of network connection, do you still want to continue- yes, no" (internet connection was working fine)
(2018-09-10, 16:28)imnewhere Wrote: Also, I observe the same behavior with other addon as well.
(2018-09-10, 16:32)imnewhere Wrote: also, after going through few internet videos I tried add some repo(s), while adding it gives a error
Please note that we have no crystal ball here, so any errors that you might have should be in Kodi's debug log (wiki) file, which you can provide us via a pastebin website near you.
Yes the Hotstar Addon seems to be broken since last few weeks. Is the developer still supporting the project?

My Details:
Location - India
Addon Version - plugin.video.hotstar-rain-1.0.15

Kodi Error Log:
Quote:20:55:14.973 T:1737999280   ERROR: /home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py:858: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
20:55:15.014 T:1737999280   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hotstar-rain/default.py", line 788, in <module>
                                                get_video_url(url)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hotstar-rain/default.py", line 559, in get_video_url
                                                token = json.loads(thtml)['token']
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:55:15.270 T:1945600672   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hotstar-rain/?mode=9&name=%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR+orange%5D2+-+The+walk+of+life%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2FB%5D&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure-getcdn.hotstar.com%2FAVS%2Fbesc%3Faction%3DGetCDN%26asJson%3DY%26channel%3DPCTV%26id%3D1000050130%26type%3DVOD&image=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0-starag.startv.in%2Fr1%2Fthumbs%2FPCTV%2F30%2F1000050130%2FPCTV-1000050130-hs.jpg]
(2018-09-12, 17:34)ibshar Wrote: Kodi Error Log:
Don't post small log snippets and don't post them directly into the forum... Just like the hint above the Post Reply button says.

"Do not post logs in the forum. Use https : //paste.ubuntu.com/ or similar"
Hi Team

I am new to this forum and to Kodi. I am currently in Australia. I have downloaded the Kodi on my android (Galaxy S8 Plus) and have downloaded the addon successful however I am unable to play any vidoes and it states that no video links found and prompts me of an IP issue? I have enetered an Indian IP address as suggested and I am not using a VPN. Could anyone please advise?

Many thanks
It says its outdated
I really like shows on Hotstar. It is interesting and interesting. To quickly update new programs. I often use [Linked Edited] I always have new announcements about my favorite TV shows and programs.

[PatK] Browser Link removed, no advertisements.
This addon works fine https://github.com/mani-coder/plugin.vid...ll.hotstar
Installed properly, but non of the video works. Tried with VPN and NON VPN
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4