Questions for Developers @ #KodiDevcon2015
OK people...

As some of you know, The Kodi developers are at Devcon this weekend so here's your chance to ask some questions.

Feel free to post any questions you would like to ask. I will try to read them out to the developers and get some replies.

Some ideas for questions:

Feature requests, hardware support, Future development, release schedules, GSOC, Add-on rules...

EDIT: Don't forget we also have a user meetup if you would like to ask the questions in person
First off thank you for doing this,hope the trip was easy and everyone arrived in one piece.

How does the team feel with the recent switch to rero? Does this make things easier or more difficult?

The big question: binary add-ons support. How is this progressing? Do you have interest from any big players?

I remember reading something about unified pvr. Is that really something in the pipeline?

I've seen some talk about possibly upgrading or changing the default them from Confluence to something else. Any info on that?

Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing what the team comes up with at this year's event.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Some good questions there!

I've written them down and resisting the urge to answer them here Wink

Any more from other users?
The obvious RetroPlayer info request. Not that Garrett hasn't been fourth coming of info.

Heimdall?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
What is the team most excited about in the both near and far future?
Hey zag! I'll chime in with a feature request. I may not have done a great job explaining, but I've been working very closely with ruuk so he might be able to better articulate what we're trying to do.

Any word on a replacement/upgrade for dvdplayer? When can we expect that?

I'm also very interested in RetroPlayer integration, but I haven't done as much research as bry on the subject.

Has anyone on the team thought at all about making xbmclogs.com an official part of Kodi? I think it would be a good idea to rebrand the site, and integrate it into Kodi to make it easy for users to upload logs using a native function within Kodi.

Thanks to all of you for everything you're doing! I've been using XBMC/Kodi since my original XBOX days and now that I'm more involved in the community, it's very easy to see how much hard work has gone into Kodi.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Q:
- Does anyone actually work on Kodi "headless" and/or is Kodi client/server planned in the future?
- Will UPnP someday support extra fanart, discart, clear art, logos, etc?
and of course:
- Will RetroPlayer make it in Jarvis?

FR:
- Kore: add more views, EPG for Live-TV, Settings
- We need a WebIF for all the settings in Kodi. Or a addition for this in "Kore"
- Add recording to IPTV simple client http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238123
- PVR: select "switch to channel" or "record" on a Timer-entry (in EPG) http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1863804

Please thank the whole team for their work on Kodi!
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Down the line will one be able to integrate PVR recordings directly into the kodi library under the appropriate node?
FR for Music (Library):
- Music Library - Remove Album enhancement
- add Sets for Music: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1512956
- store scraper in XML, maybe in sources.xml -> then you can easily edit and rescrape. Also you can see, which scraper is used for which source. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1943850

Q: Will any work of this GSoC make it into Kodi? The last works didn't make it afaik.

Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-10-08, 17:30)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Any word on a replacement/upgrade for dvdplayer? When can we expect that?

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=240
Some questions from the blog comments

- Any news about Kodi on the new Apple TV ?

- I'm wondering where you’re at with the implementation of “UPnP Library Integration”, as mentioned in the following blog post; http://kodi.tv/kodi-community-may-2015/ – is that something that will come with 16, or 17, or further down the road?

- is there a New Update for Apple TV 2 kodi jailbreak?

- I love using Kodi for my live tv watching over iptv using dvblogic but when is the Kodi team finally going to do something about the highly non intuitive and irritating user experience in Kodi. The controls are illogical and have different functions depending on where you are in Kodi. Fix that please!

- Are there plans in integrate BT A2DP into Kodi any time soon? Still can’t get it working properly on a RaspbPI Sad

- I have ripped a couple of my DVD’s to .iso files, and have been trying to mount them on the OS and get Kodi to recognise them as discs. No matter what I try though I can’t get it to pick them up (think Disc Jukebox). Is there a way to do that?
(2015-10-08, 17:45)Solo0815 Wrote: - Add recording to IPTV simple client http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238123
The IPTV Simple client it's a kind of emulation of PVR backend. Recording requires a backend which is not exists for IPTV Simple, so it's just not possible.
Q: Thoughts on emby and possibly working together in the future maybe towards an official back-end?
Feature Request: Allow scraping strm files into the Music Library.
Tighter integration for PlayOn Server... if possible without the need of transcoding (obviously not a Kodi only request... PlayOn would need to be involved there).

Kodi on SteamOS... what ever happened to the Steam Greenlight from a couple of years ago?

and of course Binary Addons... any big names in the mix?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions for Developers @ #KodiDevcon20151