Linux Can't exit Kodi in Kodibuntu
A while back, I changed from an Ubuntu/Kodi installation to Kodibuntu 14.0 in my HTPC, it was a clean install after wiping the old partitions. Everything was working, I was exiting out of Kodi and logging into Lubuntu to do system updates, etc. Of course, Kodi has been updated to Isengard 15.1 along the way and all was working well until just recently.

Now, when I pull up the power menu and hit Exit, there is a pause, I see Kodi shut down and then it loads back up almost instantly (running on SSD). I never even get a chance to see the login window so I can login to Lubuntu. It just seems to briefly exit Kodi and then load again, so I am unable to do anything like update the base system or even troubleshoot why it's acting like this. It's very odd because a few weeks earlier, all was ok. I do not sleep or hibernate the system, it's a full power off when I'm done with using it and a fresh boot every time I power it on.

I'm fairly good with Linux, but I'm stumped at this. Of course I could simply wipe the system, reinstall, and scan all my media back into Kodi, but I'd rather find out what's wrong and fix it, because it could happen again. The last base system update was probably at least a month ago, maybe a bit longer. It's my own custom built system, but I doubt it's a hardware issue, it's all pretty standard.

Anyone have any ideas?
why don't you ssh to the system and get logs to see what's going on?
and while you are sshd in, you can do the upgrade directly Wink.

But you are right...this shouldn't happen. So a Debug Log will tell most.
(2015-10-09, 09:40)David1977 Wrote: and while you are sshd in, you can do the upgrade directly Wink.

But you are right...this shouldn't happen. So a Debug Log will tell most.

Well actually updating your system might solve your problem.

Just do a "sudo apt-get update" then a "sudo apt-get upgrade" and see if you can exit to the login screen.
Thanks for the replies, I never thought about using SSH.

The problem solved itself, when I booted it yesterday so I could take a look, exit worked as it should so I was able to get into lubuntu and update. No idea why it worked fine yesterday when a week ago I tried at least a dozen times to get the login window and it kept re-opening Kodi. It wasn't due to a Kodi update either, because it's still the August 15 build of 15.1. Perhaps an add-on got updated, but I wouldn't think an add-on would affect the exit command.
you won't believe what addons might cause Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't exit Kodi in Kodibuntu0