FTP-client coding, need help
i made a tiny ftp client into the xbmc's filesystem (only passive mode supported yet), but somethings wrong with mp3s. i'm not a programmer/developer, i just trying to make (useful, i hope) things. i can browse ftp, copy files from ftp, play movies, see pictures, but play mp3s...some ftps working, but not every, and everytime when i select a song, play a good song, but marked the next.as is say i'm not a programmer (this is my first code in c++, sometimes i working with delphi), so i don't think that code is perfect, but same structure working on my videos, my pictures and my files so i don't understand this thing about the songs.if you are interested, i will upload sources, but i don't know where or how can i.

(sorry for my bad english Sad )
you can upload your code (all modified files) to the patch section on the sf project page (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id...tid=581840) or to http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload.

ps: maybe the id3 tag reading on mp3s is the problem. tried to deactivate it in the settings?

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i tried to disable the id3 tag reading, but doesn't solve this problem.ok, i uploaded the sources to the sf tracker (all changed files, i tried to make less chages as possible in original code, but needed some - too many times tries to get thumbnails, it too slow in ftp). i'll solve this problem with songs, and make active mode(some ftps requires), but i need more time (i've got mountains of work).
hi,

disabling of folder.* reading is nice. i played around with ftpfs/lufs too, and had to disable it/skip those requests in the streaming server, cause its very slow. would be mabye a nice option too, cause i gues many dont use it anyway.

tric
borrow source code/ideas from others is part of open source is about http://dwl.xbox-scene.net/~xbox....ces.rar (xbftp 0.62) Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tric: strange problem, because i disabled every request to folder.jpg and thumbnails. did you overwrite util.cpp & .h? (in xbmc/xbmc dir., i think it will work with original util source, but requests thumbnails&jpgs)

gamester17: thx, i'll check it Wink
i havnt disabled it in xbmc, i disabled it in streaming server xbms, i simply send -1 back on open request for folder.(jpg|tbn)
hmm.. that is weird.

are you using ccxstream? because with ccxstream, it should not be trying to actually open the file. it tries to get info first and if the file does not exist, it will return a file not found type error: cc_xstream_xbmsp_error_no_such_file.

are you seeing that if the file does not exist, it still tries to actually open the file?

if using smb, then latest cvs does not try to open the actual file to test if it exists. it will do a stat on it instead.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i am using xns/xbms, and even ccxstream need to do a lookup on the file, and thats very slow over a ftp connect. imagine a dir with 100 dirs, that will give you 200 folder.* requests, ie every request 0.5s (actually that would be a fast ftp connection), that will give you a 100sec delay. thats why i disabled the folder.* lookup at all. i guess this will give you some problems when you use smb too.
i understand tric, sorry i was too tired...

active mode support finished, and file changed on sf tracker.
important: as i saw, the active mode isn't supported by the player, but you can copy files from server in active mode.
next time i will fix bug on my music (i hope), because it would be nice, but i think stream serving is not the first priority in ftp client (smb's much better, faster, easy to use & manage), but you can reach, check and copy files from a server without pc, from another xbox without pc, etc...
hi

problem with marked<->selected files in "my music" fixed, i'll change code on sf tracker asap, so you can use this client with stream serving, or anything (tested through a half day) on_your_lan, because playing from internet is another problem.

here is what i found:
i made some changes on code to see what happens exatcly:
Quote:mplayer.cpp
ln443
         if (bfileoninternet || (url.getprotocol()=="ftp"))
so if i trying to play a song (or a video) from internet, player cacheing that file, but on 20.31% will hang up and in a logfile appears "getsocketforindex() invalid index:0
", if the filesize<caches 20.31% it will play (with 16mb audio cache i can play mp3 that filesize<3mb), but it doesn't matter how much is the cache, it will 20.31%. what is that 20.31% point? weird thing, because it can works from lan everytime (and there are no any differences, just the reachtime&bw). is it possible that a timeout sequence close sockets, or do something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP-client coding, need help0