(Request) "Time Remaining" Display?
I have a small request that I actually think someone else also ask for in the past.

How about showing "Time Remaining" when playing a movie or TV Show?

I realize you already "ending time" but I think showing time remaining would be nice also Smile

Example

Time Left 1 hr 5 min

Time Left 38 min

Time Left 45 sec

Perhaps It could be placed near Finish Time Smile

Thanks
I have requested this in the past but you can do it your self. I've done it when MacGyver gave me the hint. Its very easy.
Follow this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2034632
If I include this at all, it wouldn't be placed near "Finish", it would replace it.

Real-estate down there is at a premium and the quick-and-dirty mod that great_vc is referring to is simply confusing.

I still haven't really heard a compelling argument as to why this is any clearer than what's already there, either.. It currently shows CurrentPosition/Total, and the wall-clock time the video will finish.

Basically, I'm asking why it's necessary to know how many minutes are remaining on the video? Won't you just then do the math in your head to figure out that, "oh, that means it'll finish at 9PM"?

I'm not entirely against making it an option, but 1) I'd like to hear why so I can think the design through thoroughly, and 2) the option would make it replace the "Finish" label.
For me it is just a matter of what i have used to. I come from 7 years of Window Media center with MediaBrowser software and there they had the "time remaining" instead of the total time so i'm used to that option. That is the only reason
I personally would like it to look something like this.

In place of "Finish 11:00AM" display this "Remaining:7:05/Finish: 11:00AM" in the bottom right corner. Also have the Remaining time count down to zero in instead of counting up. I also would use the same Font and White color.

Yes it would take up a little more space but I think there still is enough room down there in the corner for it without looking ugly Perhaps if it does take up a little more space then you would like then maybe you could either use "Remain" instead of "Remaining" to save some space or maybe even make the Font Size a little smaller?

36:31/43:36
Remaining:7:05/Finish: 11:00AM

Or
Remain:7:05/Finish: 11:00AM

Now as far as why I would like this?

Well it's kind of like what "great_VC" said it's just what I am used to. Other media players that I use can show the time remaining counting down. And I just really always liked seeing that Smile

Anyway whatever you decide to do please do not remove the Finish Time completely as I still want that but with the added bouns of also showing Time Remaining.

O yeah another reason I would like it is because I am not good at math so trying to figure it out in my head sometimes gives me a brain freeze Smile lol Just kidding but I really want this.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!!!
Both do not fit.

edit: to clarify, you're thinking only of English language. There has to be some extra space allowed for other languages.
I guess this would also be to big?

Left:7:05/Finish:11:00AM

Or

LEFT:7:05/END:11:00AM
gate... *languages are different*.. "left" in the sense of a terse word probably doesn't work in other languages.
(2015-10-11, 17:24)jingai Wrote: gate... *languages are different*.. "left" in the sense of a terse word probably doesn't work in other languages.

Sorry about that I just keep thinking about English language.

I guess it would be asking to much to change it just for when English language is used?

Probably not even possible I bet.
No.
(2015-10-11, 17:34)jingai Wrote: No.

Ok well that settles that then "Finish" it will continue to be.

Now I can move on Big Grin
Ok after thinking about this some more I definitely think the new default should show the time remaining instead of time advancing.

So it should be like this.

Finish: 11:00AM

So basically the only change is where the 36:31 is should be counting down instead of counting up. And you have the yellow progress bar to show you how far you have advanced anyway.

If you don't want to make it default can you make it an option to show the time counting down instead of up?

I would like the time counting down because it makes it a little easier and quicker to see exactly how much time is left in the video.
Look at how Confluence presents the information.

I'm keeping it the way it is.
(2015-10-16, 18:32)jingai Wrote: Look at how Confluence presents the information.

I'm keeping it the way it is.

Understood thanks
Again gate, follow my link is so damn easy to change it and make it as you want

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Request) "Time Remaining" Display?0