Release Loyal Books - Fomerly Books Should be Free
This is an audio addon for the website www.loyalbooks.com (formerly known as www.booksshouldbefree.com)

This website is a source of over 7000 free public domain audio books, including many of the great classics.

The addon allows you to search the site or browse by genre (browsing can be customized via the addon settings).

This was one on the first addons I wrote (probably 3 years ago now), and I have finally decided to polish it up a bit and submit it to the org for inclusion in the official Kodi repo, it can be found under music addons (tbh I think that option should really be called audio addons)

Alternatively it is also available from my repo:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

The addon also has a resume facility so if you stop playback you can pick up where you left off at a later date (it automatically rewinds 5 seconds - this is by design) .

The books are arranged in chapters, selecting a chapter will play just that single chapter, but you can also queue them up via the context menu, there is also a Play all available on the context menu too.
(2015-10-10, 16:35)spoyser Wrote: This is an audio addon for the website www.loyalbooks.com (formerly known as www.booksshouldbefree.com)

This website is a source of over 7000 free public domain audio books, including many of the great classics.

The addon allows you to search the site or browse by genre (browsing can be customized via the addon settings).

This was one on the first addons I wrote (probably 3 years ago now), and I have finally decided to polish it up a bit and submit it to the org for inclusion in the official Kodi repo; in the meantime it is currently available from my repo:

The addon also has a resume facility so if you stop playback you can pick up where you left off at a later date (it automatically rewinds 5 seconds - this is by design) .

The books are arranged in chapters, selecting a chapter will play just that single chapter, but you can also queue them up via the context menu, there is also a Play all available on the context menu too.

I downloaded your addon but haven't installed it yet. I listen to audiobooks a lot and I look forward to trying this.

I was already familiar with the site it links to having downloaded some of the classics over the years.

Thank you for making this, and I'll get back to you on how it works after I get around to installing it! :-)
Now available in the official org repo under Music addons
Just pushed a new version with Search fixed, currently only in my repo, but submitting to org right now.
This does not work for me in Krypton, is it only me? Is there an update to the addon?
addon id="plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree" name="Loyal Books" version="1.0.8" provider-name="spoyser"

"Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER)" no longer seems to be valid in Kodi 17.

The error given is:

08:54:15.465 T:1424 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\infotek\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree\default.py", line 512, in
PlayChapter(url, name, extra, image)
File "C:\Users\infotek\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree\default.py", line 230, in PlayChapter
Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER).playChapter(url, name, chapter, image, ADDONID)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Line 225 and Line 230 in "plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree/default.py" should be changed from

Line 225
Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER).playAll(url, html, name, author, image, ADDONID)
to:
Player().playAll(url, html, name, author, image, ADDONID)

Line 230
Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER).playChapter(url, name, chapter, image, ADDONID)
to:
Player().playChapter(url, name, chapter, image, ADDONID)
isn't this addon supported anymore?
Peppe
Fixed only in my repo at the moment:

Addon:
https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.9.zip

My full repo:
oh thank you, very kind.
Peppe
This is great, thank you.
Hello @spoyser

Just wondering if you are still maintaining this addon for v17 and v18 or if we should mark it broken in the official repository as it fails in both?

I receive the following error. Full log here... https://paste.kodi.tv/izuduniken.kodi

xml:
2019-03-29 16:31:57.012 T:8332 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\Kodi v18- Nightly\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree\default.py", line 512, in <module>
PlayChapter(url, name, extra, image)
File "F:\Kodi v18- Nightly\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree\default.py", line 230, in PlayChapter
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER'
-->End of Python script error report<--
2019-03-29 16:31:57.012 T:8332 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(5, F:\Kodi v18- Nightly\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.booksshouldbefree\default.py)
2019-03-29 16:31:57.015 T:8332 INFO: Python interpreter stopped
2019-03-29 16:31:57.015 T:8332 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 8332 terminating
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loyal Books - Fomerly Books Should be Free0