• 40(current)
Release A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 22
@Art67 Hi, what do you mean? The "Recently added Movies"? They are enabled by default and automatically visible if you have scraped movies in your Kodi Database. (The "Recently added" Widgets can be disabled, but they are enabled by default - So i'm not really sure what you're referring to in your post.)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
@axbmcuser
@Karellen

I've installed the latent nightly from Feb 14th (git 20230213-402e7bc5b2) (compiled Feb 13th).
It seems the issue is gone now.
Also i reverted the skin back to the public repo one.

I now can see the □□□□ character again and the files are opening without any crash.

So finally i have a workibg solution!!!!

Thank you soo much for your support!!!

BR
Snoopy78
@snoopy78 Thanks for the update. Good to hear that everything is resolved. :- )
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
I got it figured out. Thank you.
@Art67 Oh, well, good then. Smile Thanks for letting me know.
Thumbs Up 
@axbmcuser been a while since i've checked this thread, but just wanted to thank you yet again for your hard work with all the recent updates over the past few months! 

i'm running the latest version and everything is running and looking great! love the simple and clean minimilastic feel, the updated icons, and even the new layout of the video OSD is quickly growing on me. 

WELL DONE! Smile

got some minor feedback/requests:

- i noticed that the Buffering Percentage display has been removed, after only a brief re-introduction to the skin a couple months back. any plans to bring it back in a later version?
- is it still possible to enable, or bring back "List" view type? i particularly use it for Seasons view as i like having the show Seasons listed from top to bottom with an image for each one. the "Text" view type is not really the same.
- i'm not sure if i'm remembering this correctly, but wasn't there Video codec info displayed in the Video OSD previously?
- when i choose "Play from here" from my video folder, there should be a "Next" button in the video player controls to allow skipping to the next video. currently, the button does not appear.
@altern8tube 
Thanks for the new feedback!

1) Yep. Explicitly showing percentage as a part of the buffering indicator is gone for good reasons + after much consideration. Buffering is still indicated in a contemporary way. Showing percent really isn't contemporary and would indicate a problem elsewere: Bad streaming-sources, barely usebale network or internet connection.
Nothing changed regarding the re-introduction of a buffer-indicator itself, of course!

I couldnt really support keeping the (for me) bothering percentage-indicator when it's a imho bad UI element for 99,8% of users, only to fit an unwanted edge use case. On top of all that the buffering indicator is now identical to the BusyDialog loading indicator, which i found very consistent. Feedback/question is still appreciated.

Question: You still see the buffering inidicator for internet sources, correct? You are just referring to the fact that the indicator explicitly showed the (unaccurate) percentage before, right?

Can't really comment much further on this today. (time) : D

2) Reducing view types is always on my list and also such wishes for allowing "more" of such view types i think are heavily redundant and/or bad. My goal is to have a future with a automatically switchTo default with a very very few curated existing number of view types. (and maybe and non-recommended option which then still allows all view types which aren't removed at that point)
But your wish is on the the list if it wasn't already. I'll see what i can do when doing more conceptional thinking or work on view types topic. Smile

3) You can enable the reworked codec icons (and more) for Fullscreen VideoOSD/MusicOSD. Have a look at skin settings and the changelog which mentions this.

4) Is this a new request? Or has such a button always been there already? Do you mean like an episode like "skip-to-next"-like button when having multiple video items in a playlist (this is what the Kodi "play from here" button does. It creates a temporary video playlist and starts with the first item). Feel free to let me know some more. I don't miss such a button at this time, but maybe in context of playing multiple episodes i would do some more consideration.
Smile 
thanks for replying @axbmcuser. always good to hear insights behind the design/development of the skin. Smile

1) yup, i do see the buffering indicator (Kodi K logo) when an internet source is buffering, and it does look cleaner having it consistent with the BusyDialog loading indicator. maybe it's just a personal preference, but to me the buffering percentage is kinda like the countdown timer on some of the newer traffic lights. if it's 5 seconds to green, not a big deal. but if it's gonna be 60 seconds, the wait just feels more pleasant with the timer there. thankfully, slow buffering seems to be a less common thing these days.

2) i appreciate that u actually brought "Media Info" view back (my favourite view type for Episodes). i believe it was removed in one of the recent updates, but then returned on a later version. it would be nice to have the "List" view type again too. it is the most simple and cleanest view imo. i notice "List" is still available for file folders view, just not for Videos. 

side note, i think "Text" view type should be listed line by line, rather than in a tile layout. 

3) i am able to enable audio/sub language, video resolution, audio codec, and audio channels in the settings for Reduced Fullscreen OSD. however, i don't see any option to enable video codec information. 

4) yeah, u're exactly right. like a "next button" ⏭️ to skip to the next video in the playlist queue. i believe this would be considered a new request for the new "Video OSD Button simplicity" setting. the ⏭️ button should appear if the skin detects that there are proceeding videos in the playlist queue. this button is necessary imo.

also i noticed that with "Video OSD Button simplicity" disabled, when i click on the ⏭️ button to jump to the next video the OSD glitches and "Video OSD Button simplicity" gets turned on/off for like half a second.
Rainbow 
@altern8tube 

1) Okay, good+thanks. We'll leave it at that then for the time being. Blush

2) Most views never were really gone, but as you correctly noticed, they were/are just disabled for particular windows/contents. As already promised, i'll give things some further thoughts. We'll see. Thanks for the additional feedback/details. : D

Regarding seasons text view: Yeah, good point. I thinks it's quite okay at the moment with the universal Text View, but maybe the text view could get a very similar special variant for seasons with seasons listed in rows. Have to check what to do with the free visual space. Valuable point. I'll have look. Could work out, could not work out.

3) Ah. Sorry, my bad. Seems like i confused video res with video codec.
Video codec was never part of the fullscreen info even in Original Confluence as far as i remember+just quickly re-checked.
We're out of visual space already and i would concentrate on prioritizing what seens more important to me and maybe most users, which should be video resolution.

In typical mid to higher end quality libraries most likely the video codec is very derivable from the video resolution.
2K=most likely almost-always h264 material and 4K=most likely almost-always HEVC.

If one really needs to verify regarding a rare exception, a quick look into the VideoInfoDialog or Fullscreen-VideoSettingsDialog will suffice, i think. Still, thanks again for the further input.

4)
Regarding the "new feature"/change idea: I'll have a look. Showing "skip to next item" maybe could be a good idea even.

Regarding the "glitch": Oh? I tried to reproduce with "Video OSD Button simplicity" disabled and could not reproduce it. Do you mind making a quick video on how it looks and also the info on what content we're talking about. My test i just made i used some (non-library) local video files i started playing via "play from here" context menu item.
Hi, first of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing skin, I’ve been using it for years on all my devices and love it.

This weekend I’ve been forced to update my Android TV Box and start a fresh and more recent CoreELEC installation and while setting up the skin I’ve seen a detail that might be interesting to some users doing a Dual Boot on their TV Box. When changing from the oficial CoreELEC skin, the option to boot from the emmc/nand (Android) on the power menu is lost. I’ve tried to add it on my own to avoid asking it here but i still cannot manage to make the option appear in the power options menu.
I have added the following to “/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml”, tried multiple thing with no success. 
xml:

<control type="button" id="10">
<description>Reboot to Android</description>
<width>340</width>
<height>50</height>
<textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
<focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
<align>center</align>
<textwidth>290</textwidth>
<texturefocus border="4">_added_img/posterwall_100x100_blue.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus border="4"></texturenofocus>
<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalShutdownScreen)">SetProperty(ShutdownInProgressText,$LOCALIZE[13013],home)</onclick>
<onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
<onclick>Reset()</onclick>
<visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
<pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
<font>Regular22</font>
<label>Reboot to Android</label>
</control>
What am I doing wrong??

As I’m witting this message, I would like to ask to bring the “List” and “Wide List” views back. I used those for nearly everything and I miss them a lot. I feel it very strange while browsing the library content as I’m a fan of the more old, clean simple lists. I’ve tried the “Enable Confluence Old Views” but I do not see those views back.

Thanks a lot.
Best regards.
@axbmcuser thanks for the reply! 

3) ah ok thanks for confirming that. i wasn't completely certain either if the video codec info was there before the Reduced OSD was introduced. looks like nothing's missing then. 👍

4) yeah, a "skip to next item button" is useful and necessary when playing videos from a queue/playlist. as i do that quite often, i have temporarily disabled my "Video OSD Button simplicity" setting.

here's a video of the issue i mentioned (running on latest version of Kodi 18): https://streamable.com/e/k1j5dt

as you can see, when i click the "skip to next item" button the player buttons will switch back to "simplicity" mode while loading the following video, and then switch back to full mode once the video starts playing. this happens when playing from a playlist of local files, or streaming from a server. i previously mentioned a half second glitch cos i was playing from my local folder so it happens more abruptly. 

hope this helps. and thanks again for always paying attention to our feedback. Smile
@altern8tube 
Thanks, that helps to figure out what is going on:

To be exact, this seems not to be an issue of the skin falling back to "buttons simplicity mode" during the loading time between episode skips. It's a result of the a bit long (network?) loading period between episodes and what values Kodi returns for some properties during that time.
The UI shows all the buttons with the conditions defined to be required to show them.
When you skip an episode, Kodi tells the skin that "fast forward/backward" and "playing or pausing" is not available and the skin has to rely on this information to know which OSD buttons to hide. Skipping and stopping playback it the only thing Kodi (in a sense very correctly) reports to be available at the transition between episodes.

This might not really to be solvable despite me understanding that it might look a bit weird at first glance. Would Kodi return different values for mentioned checks, the buttons would stay there during loading.
I'll think some more about it, but don't get my hopes up that there is a sane way to do something about it.

More important follow up questions:
1)
What's going on with the buttons on right (can't see them in the video since they are off screen)
Do they stay in the correct positions while this loading-"transition" between episode-skipping with the buttons temporarily changing? Feel free to make a quick video like the last one but with the right buttons also visible

2) Are the episodes local files on the device, on a NAS/local network or is it remotely streamed content? (Would be good to know in regards to the loading duration)
(2023-02-26, 18:56)kerenmac23 Wrote: Hi, first of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing skin, I’ve been using it for years on all my devices and love it.

This weekend I’ve been forced to update my Android TV Box and start a fresh and more recent CoreELEC installation and while setting up the skin I’ve seen a detail that might be interesting to some users doing a Dual Boot on their TV Box. When changing from the oficial CoreELEC skin, the option to boot from the emmc/nand (Android) on the power menu is lost. I’ve tried to add it on my own to avoid asking it here but i still cannot manage to make the option appear in the power options menu.
I have added the following to “/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml”, tried multiple thing with no success.
hi, try my solutions (works fine on CE 19.5)

<control type="button" id="15">
                <description>Reboot2 button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <texturenofocus border="4">_added_img/button-nofocus-darkbase666.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
                <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Reboot to Android</label>
            </control>

<control type="button" id="16">
                <description>Restart KODI</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <texturenofocus border="4">_added_img/button-nofocus-darkbase666.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>RestartApp()</onclick>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Restart KODI</label>
            </control>
@BoroSK 
Is this a CoreElec specific thing on Kodi 19 (and higher?)?
If there are some working conditions which make sure this is only used on such systems which need it, i'm happy to make this built in.
Some links regarding this are welcome.
@axbmcuser 

hi, I didn't try in CE 20..
in CE18 and 19 this mod works correctly.
I don't know if your skin can detect the OS it's running on, if so, and it's CE, you can display these two options in the power menu Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 229