• 27(current)
Release A Confluence ZEITGEIST [ 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega ]
(2019-03-17, 17:22)axbmcuser Wrote: I see. Thanks.

These are the same values which Universal Movie Scraper within KODI should be able to fetch?

I tested this some time ago and got no values from Universal Movie Scraper, so i did not bother further.

I'll take a look into adding some fallback values when i'm working on it again.
Yes, I believe UMS provides these values and I think a couple more rotten tomato ratings
@Edworld

In case you are not aware...

Button 24. Type xml into the pop-up box and it will give you nice, easy to read, code boxes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just synced the latest skin update to the Leia version:

KODI 18 (Leia)

4.2.1 (2019-03-20)
- KODI 18 (Leia) IMCOMPLETE(!) Beta Test release
- Reworked Skin Settings menu
- - Added:
- - - Power menu options (You can now hide items from the power menu)
- - - Option "Hide labels within Wall Views for video library content" (Recommended!)
- - - Option "Hide Clock within Wall Views" (Recommended!)
- Visual changes to System Info memory section
- Fix album ratings in Fanart view (Adapted from Confluence 3.1.5)
- Other improvements
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
will download and comment
Great skin!

One thing. It's causing A LOT of database traffic. With 6 clients over a 6 hour period it generates over 1.4GB of MySQL network traffic. Any way I can reduce this?

I've already turned off everything in Skin Widgets as I don't need those features.

Using it on Krypton until I can figure out why pause/play on Leia don't work correctly with my Harmony remote anymore. That's a mission for another day.
Thanks for the feedback.

What addon exactly do you think causes the mentioned traffic? I'd need more and exact information - maybe i can then point you in the right direction. (which won't be the skin most likely)

The skin does not rely on any addons which would cause traffic and are specific to this skin.
The only lightweight dependency is "service.library.data.provider" which is already installed on most systems.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2019-04-27, 20:50)axbmcuser Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

What addon exactly do you think causes the mentioned traffic? I'd need more and exact information - maybe i can then point you in the right direction. (which won't be the skin most likely)

The skin does not rely on any addons which would cause traffic and are specific to this skin.
The only lightweight dependency is "service.library.data.provider" which is already installed on most systems.
I'm not sure which addon it might be but it definitely has something to do with A Confluence ZEITGEIST because the issue only started after installing the skin.

When I get a chance I'll turn on debug and see what the kodi log spits out. Currently at work. Unless you know of a way to enable debug via SSH?
(2019-04-27, 20:50)axbmcuser Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

I got debug logging enabled and have the following. I can provide and full log if preferred.

https://paste.kodi.tv/qerepojuhi.kodi

Looks like it has something to do with Music and Music Videos. Any ideas which direction I should go from here?
Full log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/heyequxipo.kodi
You have many addons installed, which i would not consider using on a low end device myself, but i don't want to insist that they are the reason for the queries.

for example:
script.favourites
script.randomandlastitems
service.skin.widgets
script.module.trak

As said, Library Data Provider is the only common and lightweight dependency the skin has. It does not use any other addons which would query anything.

Try this
Go to
Addons -> My Addons -> All -> Library Data Provider -> Configure -> General

Uncheck "Show plot ...."
Change "Set number ...." to 0 or 1 (try both, start with testing 0) instead of 20 (which is default)
Uncheck "Include Specials"

Reboot. Test again for queries in log.
(2019-04-27, 22:17)axbmcuser Wrote: You have many addons installed, which i would not consider using on a low end device myself, but i don't want to insist that they are the reason for the queries.

for example:
script.favourites
script.randomandlastitems
service.skin.widgets
script.module.trak

As said, Library Data Provider is the only common and lightweight dependency the skin has. It does not use any other addons which would query anything.

Try this
Go to
Addons -> My Addons -> All -> Library Data Provider -> Configure -> General

Uncheck "Show plot ...."
Change "Set number ...." to 0 or 1 (try both, start with testing 0) instead of 20 (which is default)
Uncheck "Include Specials"

Reboot. Test again for queries in log.
I found the solution -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2438264

I changed the update time counter to every 24 hours, in seconds of course that's 86400.

I've been watching it for about an hour now and haven't seen it talking to MySQL ever 10 minutes.

I also got rid of all those addons you listed as I am no longer using them Smile
Great. Just read the other thread. Makes sense.

Just out of personal interest:

Did you test with changing "20" to "0" first?
Does this already fix most of the queries not being made anymore?
(2019-04-28, 09:10)axbmcuser Wrote: Did you test with changing "20" to "0" first?
Does this already fix most of the queries not being made anymore?

I did try changing "20" to "0" but made no change. I then discovered the other thread and learned "That limit is for the number of files, not the update frequency." so I gave the fix to the service.py script a try.

It sure does. No more queries unless someone is actually using the Kodi interface. Went from 1.4GB of MySQL traffic over 6 hours down to 35MB Big Grin

I thank you kind Sir for your help and prompt replies. Much appreciated!
I do have another question, this time regarding the submenus. I was able to add "In progress" for TV Shows without issue.

However if I go back to the home screen and select "In progress" I then have to select my way through a couple menus before getting to the list of TV Shows that are in progress. (Videos ->TV shows -> In progress TV Shows)

Is it possible to change it so it goes right from the home screen to the list of In progress TV Shows without having to go through the extra menus?
No problem. Glad to help.

Since "Library Data Provider" is a script which is not updated frequently, i will consider making a custom version of it which does not have all the queries. The skin only uses a very small feature of the script and the rest is completely unused in this "skin use case".
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Confluence ZEITGEIST [ 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega ]9