Add info to folders
In the "my video" section there is a feature that can look up imdb info for all files in a directory, I was wondering if there could be an option to do the same thing with folders?

Since movies usually comes in two cd's and are named pretty wierd (for exampel lmg-tn-cd1) imdb can't really handle it, while the folder itself has the entire name which imdb can understand, (for exampel Talladega.Nights.UNRATED.DVDRip.XviD-LMG)

It would be much appreciated if this was possible.

Thanks in advance

Erik
added a few days back - keep with the flow ;D
sweet

thanks
Cool... do it works with series? (or maybe the question is, has XBMC series info from somewhere?)
not yet but that is the reason for the change. hang on
spiff Wrote:not yet but that is the reason for the change. hang on

I downloaded it saturday. It's cool the new "set content" option Smile Unluckyly there's only IMDB info. How i can add series info? I saw flooox script on xbmcscript but it seems not work (or i don't know how to use it, as it happens with XbmcMail... :p )
if you don't understand that sentence i give up.
This is a really cool new feature

I have two sugestions which I think would make it even cooler

Firstly:

If you can make it so that the folder automaticly get's a picture not only the file in the folder. I know that this is pretty easily solved by just selecting the folder and then displaying it's information but it takes some time.

Secondly:

If you have two files in a folder, which there usually is since most movies are divided into two cd's, only the first file gets a thumbnail.

So to sum up, I would really appreciate it if you could make the movie cover could be shown automaticly on folders and on all files in a folder...

Thanks

Erik
spiff Wrote:if you don't understand that sentence i give up.

Oh, i didn't understand it correctly. Ok: now there's the support for it and is needed people to make the plugins :p
support is in my head only.

erik, it's not that simple. i need to take several layouts into the picture. some ppl store folder/movie1.avi folder/movie2.avi etc. they certainly do not want thumb inheritance. i'll see if i can put in some inheritance rules if you lookup by folder name.

as for divided movies; it is assigned to the stack not the individual files.
I would be one who would definitely not want folder inheritance. But I am a big fan of having features for some and the ability to turn it off for others.

BTW Spiff, you rock!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add info to folders0