Feature Requests for Unity
(2017-03-12, 17:37)onewaytrigger Wrote: ...moving weather information box next to the clock box would makes more sense I think.

I support this request for two reasons:

1. The one stated in the quoted text: Where it is now, the weather information box is completely out of place. It is not an button to be clicked, not a box providing any information on system or content. It provides information on today; weather, date and time must be on the same eye level.

2. Getting it out from the bottom area makes room for lowering the menu bar, which looks nicer on all skins and is more pleasant to the eye.
Suggestions for a makeover of the screen real estate which is more ergonomic and offers more real estate for actions, lists, and widgets:

1. Move weather info box from bottom left to top left (see post above).

2. Shift the current top left info boxes to top center - or integrate them in the settings menu/submenus, or eliminate them.

3. Move the addons bar down to the bottom floor.

4. There is place in the addons bar for a maximum of 11 addons instead of the existing 5 (6 for programs), and for more if the size taken by each addon (thumb) is shrunk.-Why not use the space? Nobody is happy with just 5-6 shortcuts, and even 11 may be not enough.

5. (Actually the best architecture would be to dispense with the idea of presenting addons as a line of icons/thumbs and instead list them as text boxes like is done for submenus. This would enable users to make a neat separation between built-in functions and scripts to be put in the first row of the submenu, and addons (of the plugin type) to be put in the second row, the addons row.)

6. Lower the menu/submenu(s) bar to occupy all the freed space.

7. Add a menu top-blade for search, system info, &c (favorites would be nice), as is done in Xonfluence and other Confluence mods.

8. Use the huge space freed above the menu bar + top blade for rows of widgets with scrollable content. It seems that at least 6 widgets can be fitted on the remaining screen estate, perhaps 8. (I would say that the optimal number of widgets is 4 and the maximal 5; above 5, distraction diminishes the information value).

9. I would also advocate a more sober general outlook ---the grey-blue color combination instead of the psychedelic colors chosen, a solid black default background to bring the content not the skin to the front (and save the planet into the bargain)---, but these can be done easily by each user according to his or her taste.
I'm just trying this skin for the first time and after some customization I really like it. Is it still being actively developed?
Is there any chance of being able to add multiple widgets at once? I really like the way Estuary shows recently added TV episodes, AND in-progress shows (as well as random unwatched, but that's less useful to me) at the same time on the home screen. Is this possible to add?

Thanks!

--
Francis
(2023-06-23, 20:13)DataFran Wrote: I'm just trying this skin for the first time and after some customization I really like it. Is it still being actively developed?
Is there any chance of being able to add multiple widgets at once? I really like the way Estuary shows recently added TV episodes, AND in-progress shows (as well as random unwatched, but that's less useful to me) at the same time on the home screen. Is this possible to add?

Thanks!

--
Francis

last update was 17 months ago so i would use the term 'active' loosely - https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/...ngelog.txt
(2023-06-23, 20:13)DataFran Wrote: Is there any chance of being able to add multiple widgets at once? I really like the way Estuary shows recently added TV episodes, AND in-progress shows (as well as random unwatched, but that's less useful to me) at the same time on the home screen. Is this possible to add?
Yours is a valid request per se, but in order to realize it you must make a new skin. Unity is Confluence in material outlook, not a skin different from Confluence. There have been some efforts at coding a 4+ widgets Confluence/Xonfluence, but after using it I didn't get a favorable impression. Of all skins following the Confluence paradigm but putting it on steroids the best IMHO is Amber. It is impressive. And it has your requests covered. But just looking at its size and sophistication you understand that you cannot lift some features here and there, transpose them into Unity, and expect the resulting skin to work. And BTW the maintainer of both Xonfluence and Amber seems to have hit a point in his career trajectory where he has no more time for Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests for Unity0