Can i install kodi on redundant now tv box
Hi this is my first post after reading these forums regularly.

I have scoured the internet for some weeks now to see if anyone had advice on installing KODI on my old now TV box which I don't use any more. failing that, a usb stick which I can ruin the software on directly from my Samsung smart TV.

I don't mind playing about the now TV box as I don't use it any more if it needs formatting etc. I'm not sure but id have a go at it.

Just wondered if anyone has done this yet?

thanks in advance
The Now TV box is actually a locked down Roku 2 I believe. You can't run Kodi on this. This was a hack (don't know if it has been patched via firmware) that allowed you to sideload the Roku Plex app on the box though.

If you don't want to spend a fortune then why not get a Fire TV stick and sideload Kodi on that? Performance is pretty good but not as good as the Fire TV box.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything on the net with any instructions but some people had said it could be possible,seems not. Not to worry. I have seen the android tv boxes only 20 quid from eBay hong Kong so I might try one of those.
Be careful with those cheap boxes. A lot of then come with old firmware that is difficult to update and custom builds of Kodi full of badly coded piracy add-ons. You'd have a much better experience with the £35 fire stick IMHO.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Anything is better than those 'Kodi-preinstalled android boxes. Even a rpi2 is better than that.
thanks for the replies, think ill demote the now tv box to the loft and get a fire stick then. cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can i install kodi on redundant now tv box0