kodi, upnp library, can someone explain this to me?
Hi All

I put Kodi on my server, and set it up with the scrapers I want for movies, tv shows

I changed the prefs in the server Kodi to allow sharing library via upnp

I installed Kodi on a nuc in bedroom, added the library from the server via upnp

Kodi (receiving machine) in bedroom is running defaut settings, skin

When I browse, VIDEOS, FILES, MOVIES, it shows all the cover info and plot stuff from the server's scraper

But there's no MOVIES main menu item.

In the past, when I have set up via network to server, and it has scraped locally, this menu item appears resulting from scraper populating

Weirdly, the copy of kodi on the server is all good with these menu items / libraries / appearing fine and working.

I dont get why it doesnt appear as a main menu item, using upnp shared library, on the 'receiving' machine

Same issue with TV shows; have info, but no main menu item.

These menu items are ENABLED in skin settings

Could someone explain to me what I have missed?

Thanks. Sorry, Im a bit stumped at this point!

Jim
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-share-l...kodi-xbmc/

Normally I would point to the wiki, but this is a great picture by numbers
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I have the same question as the OP. Neither "Movies" or "TV Shows" is appearing on the home menu. The previous response was nice and all but doesn't explain why these items do not appear on the home menu. I'll admit, I am a little behind the times, just upgrading from Dharma and trying to do away with the MYSQL database format.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
(2015-10-16, 00:35)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-share-l...kodi-xbmc/

Normally I would point to the wiki, but this is a great picture by numbers

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply

Indeed, its a much nicer tute than the Wiki Smile

Unfortunately, this does not address the issue in the original Post

The comments on the tute also talk about this - a number of people asking the same question as me Smile

The FILES library populates, but "TV Shows" and "Movies" are not doing anything.

Jim
Ah,

I get what you are doing. I think you are mixing apples and oranges.

On server you have set content and added sources. You have movies and tv in main menu. And sharing upnp.

Your install2, you can access said content upnp, but no movies or tv in main menu. Yes that would be correct:

When you access via upnp, you will only get file mode through videos on install 2.

The only way to get movies and tv, buttons is to add sources and set content on install 2 as well.

This brings up a couple scenarios, if you want the easy buttons (movie/tv) vice upnp.
1. Add sources, set content and set on insatll2. But no watched status, like upnp.
2. Load MySQL, and You don't add source on 2, set content and get watched status. (This is well documented in the wiki)
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
A different options is to set up an emby server and let that handle all the content, then install the emby add-on on each recieving unit. This let's you have the same metadata and watched status on all your units.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi, upnp library, can someone explain this to me?0