Problems with PGS Subtitles in mkv 3D MVC
Hello,

I'm using the last beta build and test builds to watch 3D MVC MKV and I have some problems with the PGS subtitles. I have an LG TV with passive 3D and sometimes I have only the half of the subtitle on the screen.

Here is a screenshot in 3D with framepacked enabled :

Here is a screenshot in 2D :

Here is a screenshot in 2D with VLC : (the subtitle is complete)

Here is a screenshot of the extract from the sup file :

I suspect a problem with the resolution of the subtitle, because only the large ones are affected.
I made a test to convert PGS subtitle to SUB/IDX but I have the same problem.
Do you have an idea of the problem?

Here is a sample to reproduce the problem :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1UIMsl...sp=sharing

Thanks in advance for your help
I am having this problem as well even with original ISO's.

Most of the time subs are displayed right:

Every 10 seconds or so the fonts are really large and displayed half:

FYI: This is reproducible on x86 (OpenELEC Nvidia_Legacy with Kodi 16) when playing the sample, so most likely not an RPi-specific issue.

Any objections if this is moved to OS Independent?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Did I miss something? Since when does Kodi support MVC?
(2015-10-17, 05:58)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Did I miss something? Since when does Kodi support MVC?

I'll readily admit to being confused by all this 3D/MVC malarkey, but I'm able to play the sample file either in SBS or 2D (note that I don't have any 3D-capable displays) and I do see the same odd subtitle behaviour with both RPi and x86 when using the latest Kodi 16 with VideoPlayer.

x86 "Monoscopic/2D":

x86 3D SBS "Preferred mode Same as movie" (x86 doesn't know about the MVC stream which probably explains the screenshot dimensions):

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Actually I should point out... that on x86, in SBS it doesn't actually produce a correct SBS video image as it does on the RPi - x86 only produces the GUI and subtitles SBS (ie. once on the left, again on the right) while the video image itself is entirely monoscopic/2D, which is probably to be expected as x86 knows nothing about the MVC stream.

However the subtitle is still being chopped by x86, which I guess is the point here (other subtitles in the same sample video are displayed correctly, it's just the "We need to learn ..." subtitle that is not displayed correctly by both RPi and x86).

Extra note: If I view the sample file in Under/Over mode then I will get top and a bottom images on x86 (presumably identical images?) On both RPi and x86 with Under/Over, sometimes the "We need to learn" subtitle will be displayed correctly, other times it will be displayed incorrectly (too large, truncated, etc.). So again the x86/RPi behaviour is consistent in Under/Over mode.
I made some new test with the sample and I have also the problem at the beginning.

At 6s with SBS and framepacking disabled :

The same subtitle with SBS and framepacking disabled but I wait some seconds for adjust framerate before select prefered mode :

I don't understand why the subtitle is working good in the second test.
I have same bug in RPi - in ISOs and MKVs...
The bug affects x86/Ubuntu too. I've pointed FernetMenta at the sample.
For him "The is the first warrior..." renders okay, but "We need to learn.." is getting truncated, so there is something inconsistent about the bug.
My bad. Thanks for the detailed report.
I'll fix it.

EDIT: Right. The problem is that I'm assuming 3D PGS for 3D, which is not true when MVC is involved...
(2015-10-17, 19:44)Koying Wrote: My bad. Thanks for the detailed report.
I'll fix it.

EDIT: Right. The problem is that I'm assuming 3D PGS for 3D, which is not true when MVC is involved...

I wish you would give an ETA on this Big Grin

Your solution would be extremely welcome because Kodi handles 3D subs really fantastic. To be able to set a fixed depth in subs is a major feature over (all?) commercial blurayplayers.
(2015-10-17, 19:44)Koying Wrote: My bad. Thanks for the detailed report.
I'll fix it.

Thanks,

Running #1019 and i think you fixed it. I didn't watch a full movie but a lot of dialogue from different movies and the bug seems gone Smile
fixed but sub are not 3D...
They are. In Kodi you can set depth settings.
This is constant depth, but not that what we seeing in bluray player?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with PGS Subtitles in mkv 3D MVC0