audio overlay : Playing additional audio while video is being played
In my service addon, at certain conditions, I want to reduce the volume of the audio coming out of currently playing video and simultaneously play an audio source for a short period of time. As far as I could see, kodi does not seem to provide any way to do this. However, one could achieve this by starting subprocesses calling Unix programs which would do this - but we will lose the ability to use audio settings in Kodi which selects the audio-out device. Anyone have a comment about how this problem could be achieved. Thanks.
(I am using Kodi through osmc in raspberry pi 2; and prefer audio through alsa)
Kind of like a Post-it notes for audio, not easily and directly in Kodi. I understand many moons ago there was a patch file for a version of XBMC that used both computer audio and HDMI audio at the same time, but has since been forgotten. In some systems audio drivers, there is the capability to reduce the sound by a percentage or mute on incoming communication, then your insert would be here and I suspect this would be a hardware specific hack.

I like the concept, in some cases like directors comments handled over the video in some movie options it would have a lot of impact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio overlay : Playing additional audio while video is being played0