Google photos
Is there an add-on for Google Photos? I have searched but did not find anything.
If not this is something at least I would like to have.
what do you mean by "add-on for Google Photos"? the one collect the same catagory google photos or other kind?
Google Photos has replaced Picasa as a way to manage your personal photos. I'd like to see an add-on that works like the Picasa one did. I'm not interested in a Google Image Search function.
If you are having an Android device (or iPhone for that matter) you could use Google Photo that has unlimited storage for free for your personal pictures and movies. It’s also easy to access from your computer. Would be a killer add-on for Kodi.
Google Photos are mirrored on Google drive as well.
Dmdsoftware has an addon written for google drive. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=177557
Sort of serves the purpose.

IMHO Killer addon would be something that lets you cast straight from your Google photos app/browser...much like what chromecast does.
Aha did not know that. I can't see my pictures on my Google drive, through web or the Google drive application on the computer. I have to check the addon you mention.

I can agree with you that chromecast function would be great. But don't think we will see that in Kodi. Perhaps if someone can create a Linuxdist like OpenElec with a bulitin Chromecast reciver and Kodi. That would be something. If now that would be possible. Or if just everyone like Google, Apple, MS and Intel could use the existing standards. Then we woulden't have this problem.

But If we go back to the Google photo thing. If the addon you mention enables me to see my pictures and movies from my Google Photos in a simple and nice way. Then I'm satisfied. No need for me to Chromecast my pictures If I can reach the pictures directly from Google Photos. Everything should be in sync.
Would be nice to have an addon that gives access to the foto stories created in google photos and maybe can show the pictures pinned on a google map. But that spunds like a dream. Currently there seems to be not much development regarding foto usage in kodi (besides Xycl's MyPicsDB).
Hello,

This won't work with shared photo albums from other users though, right?
Since they are shared they won't be added to your personal Google Drive.

Is there some way to browse them on Kodi?

Thanks!
Just in case anyone needs clarity on how to view your Google Photos from Google Drive (and subsequently the GDrive Addon), you can go into Google Photos, and in your settings there is an option to add a "Google Photos" folder to your drive. This will add a folder where you can browse your Google Photos from Google Drive. Once you do that, it will also show up in the GDrive addon. I stumbled across this thread which pointed me in the right direction - thanks for that!

Instructions from Google (see "Organize photos & videos using Google Drive"):
https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?hl=en
i can use Google Drive and its photo folder but thats not the same as my google Photo folder. So there are too many rubbish photos in it. is there a way to get only google photos folder in kodi instead of gdrive photos?
(2015-10-19, 09:21)Majster Wrote: [font][font]Y a-t-il un module complémentaire pour Google Photos? [/font][font]J'ai cherché mais je n'ai rien trouvé. [/font][/font]
[font][font]Si ce n'est pas quelque chose que je voudrais avoir au moins.[/font][/font]
 +1
The addon Google Drive for KODI supports Google Photos as well. The Google Photos folder is a separated folder from your google drive.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324784
Now that Google has made the Google Photos API available (https://developers.google.com/photos/), I wonder if there are any developers out there who are planning on working on a Google Photos addon for Kodi. It would be great if that were the case! It appears that the oauth2 authentication method is similar to the YouTube API, so perhaps other aspects of the API are also similar.

The method of duplicating Google Photos content to gdrive does work, but it's not perfect.  For one, it uses up the GDrive quota, which runs out fairly quickly.  A proper Google Photos addon would eliminate the need for keeping a copy of photos/videos to GDrive, and would hopefully provide a more familiar interface to photos.google.com or the Google Photos app.
You should ask the Youtube addon developer as well who seems to be best placed.
Good point @mujunk ... so how about it @jdf76 ? Any chance you've entertained the idea of tackling a Google Photos add-on based around the official Google Photos API? Fingers crossed! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google photos1