[Kodi 15.2] - (Kodibuntu) - Scraper not picking up new episodes
Evening everybody,

I've recently updated my system on 3 machines running XBMC Gotham up to the latest Kodibuntu then up again via apt-get to 15.2.

The systems are using advancedsettings changes to use a mysql shared library.

Movies and TV shows are on an SMB shared server and the path stored in the sql database is an smb based one which is fine.

All seems fine from the perspective of functionality.

Movies seem to scrape fine including new additions.

Initial TV (thetvdb) scraping works fine, if I clear the library and rescan I get tv shows and episodes scraped correctly.

New TV episodes added to the TV shows episodes folders scraped in play fine from all machines, episodes played from the video > files options play fine on all machines.

However, when a new episode is added into an existing show it does not get added into the library.

I've investigated this with the 'watchdog' plugin installed and not installed. Scanning appears to run in both cases and a .nfo is created and correctly populated into the folder for the episode

Episode format is

smb://Server/TV/TV Show Name/Season X/TV Show Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv

e.g.

smb://Server/TV/The X-Files/Season 3/The X-Files - S03E23 - Wetwired.mkv

Scanning then creates

smb://Server/TV/The X-Files/Season 3/The X-Files - S03E23 - Wetwired.nfo

But the episode is not populated into the library.

In the case of watchdog driven events I find in the log it then says skipping <created> then the path (I havent included any snippets of logs here)

In the case of a full videos update scan (VideoInfoScanner) I find it doesnt mention the new episode, if I delete the created nfo file and re-run a manual scan the result is the same with it being listed as skipped, e.g.

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://SERVER/TV/The X-Files/' due to no change

If I delete the path completely from the database and then run a scan it will import all the episodes including the new one with no issues so it doesnt appear to be file formatting.

I've tried deleting the nfo for the episode and for the show and running the scanner.

So, is this due to some configuration I'm missing or something in Kodi?

Nothing beyond the kodi machines has changed in the update and all was working correctly in XBMC Gotham and the XBMC versions before that.

So Hmmmmmm

Any ideas all?
Well, I've no idea what changed apart from a bit of rebooting but its working now.

Very strange!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 15.2] - (Kodibuntu) - Scraper not picking up new episodes0