• 34(current)
Alpha PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
Hi, I'm pretty new to kodi and read a lot about the PseudoTV add-on, I know the repo is down so I tried to install the add-on from the zip file I found here:
https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Live/releases, it didn't work, I keep getting the message that file cache has failed installing and that it is missing a dependency. Hope someone could help me. Thx
Hi. I had the same problem. That dependacy should install on its own, but it didn't for me either. Install this manually and then try again: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/sc...0.9.13.zip

Sent from my MI MAX 2
Still doesn't work Sad Installation failed, it also seems to be unable to update File Cache to 0.9.14, don't know if that has something to do with it...
Ok, I found this: https://github.com/Steveb1968/script.pseudotv, it works and I'm pretty happy about it Smile
Mhmm, I kinda changed my mind... The version I mentioned before seems pretty buggy and I'd love to see what other things one could do with the version I originally tried to install, the only thing left to do is wait for version 0.9 I guess Sad
One thing you could do is try and rename your kodi folder to Kodi.bak which will reset your system (although everything will be backed up in that folder you just renamed) and see if you can get it to install properly. When I have a lot of trouble with something, I often realize it is overbloat due to addons and such. Cleaning your system up and restarting oftentimes fixes things for me.

I don't know what you are running Kodi on so I can't tell you for sure where that folder is, but if you need help let me know what your OS is and I will help you.

Sent from my MI MAX 2
Yes yes yes!! it works, thank you so much Big Grin
Got tired of waiting and managed to install an old version I had laying around. That just gave me errors and made me feel bad for not submitting bug reports no one cares about. Then I remembered my backup of the previous Kodi install when I renamed the config folder to start fresh. In the packages folder was the last viable release. Once I got that installed things started working again.

Looking forward to v0.9x but at least while I wait I can use some of the older program's functionality...

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F
(2017-11-28, 14:06)benoit505 Wrote: Ok, I found this: https://github.com/Steveb1968/script.pseudotv, it works and I'm pretty happy about it Smile
 Nice FIND !! Works great on Raspberry Pi's !! The only thing missing a Holiday Channel for Christmas movies Smile
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Ha ha ha yeah! I remember the Christmas channel/Holiday channel that used to be part of PseudoTV Live!

(2017-12-12, 07:10)bornagainpengui Wrote: Ha ha ha yeah! I remember the Christmas channel/Holiday channel that used to be part of PseudoTV Live!

LOL Yep ! I think I was the one who asked for it ! LOL
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and it's possible you've already considered this for the upcoming 0.9 version, but I have a feature request.

In the old PseudoTV (not PseudoTV Live) on channel up/down it would just be a black screen instead of a blue loading screen with the now playing info. Here is a video of someone running old PseudoTV to clarify what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BZ-lhKW2s

It would be cool if we could choose between the old black screen between changing channels and the new loading screen as an option for PTVL. It would also be great if we could change the opacity of the logos to a custom setting as well as the placement and toggle between color/b&w without editing the XML. I'm not sure how difficult the latter would be to implement so if it's unrealistic then don't worry about it.

Currently I am running an old version of PseudoTV that someone updated to run on newer versions of Kodi, but I can't figure out how to get color channel logos on it. Other than that it works perfectly, but I am interested in some of the features PTVL offers and would switch if I could disable the loading screen between channel changes.

Great job with the add-on btw. It's my favorite one by far!
(2017-12-18, 11:01)chris924 Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and it's possible you've already considered this for the upcoming 0.9 version, but I have a feature request.

In the old PseudoTV (not PseudoTV Live) on channel up/down it would just be a black screen instead of a blue loading screen with the now playing info. Here is a video of someone running old PseudoTV to clarify what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BZ-lhKW2s

It would be cool if we could choose between the old black screen between changing channels and the new loading screen as an option for PTVL. It would also be great if we could change the opacity of the logos to a custom setting as well as the placement and toggle between color/b&w without editing the XML. I'm not sure how difficult the latter would be to implement so if it's unrealistic then don't worry about it.

Currently I am running an old version of PseudoTV that someone updated to run on newer versions of Kodi, but I can't figure out how to get color channel logos on it. Other than that it works perfectly, but I am interested in some of the features PTVL offers and would switch if I could disable the loading screen between channel changes.

In Pseudo Live TV you can choose(under settings)another skin e.g. skin Estuary doesn't use the loading screen between channel changes. Wink
(2017-12-18, 19:27)tromy Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 11:01)chris924 Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and it's possible you've already considered this for the upcoming 0.9 version, but I have a feature request.

In Pseudo Live TV you can choose(under settings)another skin e.g. skin Estuary doesn't use the loading screen between channel changes. Wink      
Thanks for the info! Guess this really didn't qualify as an issue with PTVL then, just the default skin.

Here are some other things that would be cool to have (if I'm not missing the setting for them already) but are by no means necessary:

1. The ability to completely disable jump back/forward (fast forward/rewind). As far as I can see we can only set the amount such as 30s, 60s, etc. Disable or 0 doesn't seem to be an option.

2. An option to enable where the EPG doesn't allow you to navigate back to times before the current time. For example, if it's 1:00 PM then you can't scroll left to 12:00 PM or 10:00 AM, etc. (might seem nitpicky but sometimes I end up starting something on-demand because I lose my place in the EPG).

3. The option to disable the users' ability to start a movie/show from the EPG on demand. (Clicking on a show that isn't currently playing brings up the info about the show rather than starts it on demand)

4. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but instead of having the fanart or whatever in the EPG when you hover over something that's currently playing, it would be cool if it showed the video in its current state. Like I said, probably impossible since I assume the videos aren't actually all playing simultaneously, but it would be an awesome feature.

Also, any idea which skin this guy is using for PseudoTV and where I can get it (if it's supported by PTVL)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6dH6gZ868
(2017-12-18, 20:07)chris924 Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 19:27)tromy Wrote:

Thanks for the info! Guess this really didn't qualify as an issue with PTVL then, just the default skin.

Here are some other things that would be cool to have (if I'm not missing the setting for them already) but are by no means necessary:

1. The ability to completely disable jump back/forward (fast forward/rewind). As far as I can see we can only set the amount such as 30s, 60s, etc. Disable or 0 doesn't seem to be an option.

2. An option to enable where the EPG doesn't allow you to navigate back to times before the current time. For example, if it's 1:00 PM then you can't scroll left to 12:00 PM or 10:00 AM, etc. (might seem nitpicky but sometimes I end up starting something on-demand because I lose my place in the EPG).

3. The option to disable the users' ability to start a movie/show from the EPG on demand. (Clicking on a show that isn't currently playing brings up the info about the show rather than starts it on demand)

4. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but instead of having the fanart or whatever in the EPG when you hover over something that's currently playing, it would be cool if it showed the video in its current state. Like I said, probably impossible since I assume the videos aren't actually all playing simultaneously, but it would be an awesome feature.

Also, any idea which skin this guy is using for PseudoTV and where I can get it (if it's supported by PTVL)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6dH6gZ868  
That is the original skin from way back in the early days of this project. In fact, it actually comes from a time before the EPG or Overlay even supported artwork...I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt anyone has kept that skin going all these years later.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x4