• 36(current)
Alpha PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
Been forever since I've posted because PTVL has been working so well for a few years now.  But a few days ago app crashed and I lost all my channels, did a restore/update, and now I lost all the custom skins.  I re-downloaded them and put them in the custom folder, but the config menu is still only showing Default as the option.  

Been a good long while since I've had to troubleshoot PTVL, and there was a post a couple years back where Luna had talked about disabling custom skins when I did some searching, but I've been running 0.8.0f for a while now with no problems, and there a later posts still discussing customs as viable options so I think I'm just missing something.  Can anyone confirm custom skins still work, and if I'm just missing something in the settings?
yes it works fine
Where can i download this for krypton please
I'm not able to open up the channel manager anymore :/
I can't either. I've put off looking into it because 0.9 is supposed to be coming soon, but that was 5 month ago.

If I find a fix I'll be sure to post it here.
(2018-04-29, 13:44)odonne89 Wrote: I can't either. I've put off looking into it because 0.9 is supposed to be coming soon, but that was 5 month ago.

If I find a fix I'll be sure to post it here.
 Been much longer than 5 months.
Mhm, I check Lunatixz' twitter alot hoping to see the day has finally come that 0.9 is released Smile
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere.

Is there a workaround to get YouTube channels working again while we wait for .9? I sure miss those channels. It's no problem, though, if not.
Okay, 0.8.0f seems to be collapsing completely.  Again, I'm running Kodi 17.6 (OSMC) on a RPi3.

If I autotune, it locks up.  I'd been getting by with autotuning to nothing and then exporting individual channels from the HDhomerun TV tuner via the drop-down menus.  It could take about 10 live TV channels.  That's not working anymore.  It doesn't seem to be able to run any addons (Charge, Comet, etc) either. 

At this point, it's become useless.  I realize this is probably from changes in Kodi itself.  I don't know that I'm interested in all the bells and whistles that 0.9 promises, I just want to merge live TV, addons, and youtube channels into a single tuner. 

If we jump into the Kodi 18 nightly builds, could we at least get an Alpha build of 0.9?
We've been told plenty of times: We get nothing until v0.9 is fully baked.

You're just going to have to be patient like the rest of us have been these past two years.
I have been patient. 

If you look back into my posts, I have encouraged others to be patient on multiple occasions.  I have passed along the explanations from Lunatixz about why it is taking so long.  I understand that Lunatixz (and all other addon developers) is not paid for this work.  That he has a real job and a real life as well as working on other really cool addons.  He makes these addons available to us at no cost and supports them freely.  I really have tried not to come on here and whine. 

I have encouraged others to limp along on the available 0.8.0f version until Lunatixz could get the new version the way he wanted it.  When the channel manager function broke, I told others how to work around it.  It didn't work perfectly, but it worked.  I didn't want Lunatixz investing time in fixing 0.8 if it meant taking time away from getting 0.9 ready.

But at this point, 0.8.0f doesn't work at all.  At least not for me.  If Lunatixz is not ready to release a working version in the near future, I think he should just pull all of the PTVL stuff down.  All it's doing at this point is frustrating would-be users and irritating Lunatixz himself with people badgering him all the time with the same questions over and over about the release date.

I'm trying not to be a crybaby about it, I just think it would be a lot less aggravating all around if PTVL disappeared until it's ready for release.
Which build isn't working? YouTube is broken due to Google API changes... I'll pull it all down if that's what the community prefers.

No ETA on v.0.9.x it's core is so drastically different than v.0.8.x no backward compatibility is possible, ie. I won't spend anytime working on v.0.8.x. patches.

Please understand I'm doing my best, I'm juggling a lot of projects. Including bringing more legitimate mainstream IPTV services to Kodi.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-05-09, 19:59)Lunatixz Wrote: Please understand I'm doing my best, I'm juggling a lot of projects. Including bringing more legitimate mainstream IPTV services to Kodi.

Although I'm as impatiently waiting on v0.9 of PseudoTV Live as anyone else, I want to take the opportunity here to thank you for these efforts. People like yourself busy beavering away to add as many legitimate addons as can possibly be made available for Kodi are the ones who are going to push this HTPC application into the mainstream and silence the ignorant who try to claim it has no legitimate purpose. I thank you for your efforts on our behalf.

I'm also not blind enough to miss the sheer blow out in terms of content this will bring for PseudoTV Live once it's released. So thank you again!

Despite anxiously anticipating how good it all will be on release I want you to know that we're grateful for what you've been doing for us.
(2018-05-09, 19:59)Lunatixz Wrote: Which build isn't working? YouTube is broken due to Google API changes... I'll pull it all down if that's what the community prefers.
Autotune won't work with my Live TV.  I have 67 channels and autotuning that much just crashes it.  It might be because I'm running on a RPi3, but the HDHomerun addon handles the load fine.

I was able to manually add live tv channels thru "Export to PseudoTV" on the dropdown menus.  But more than 10 channels and it just started crashing again. 

And even if I just stick to 10 channels, ANY addon that I add as a channel causes it to crash.  If I can't mix Live TV with any other sources (addons like Cheddar, NewsmaxTV, Newsy, Comet TV Live, Cooking Channel, DIY Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, etc) for that cable-TV feel, then I might as well just use the Live TV in the Kodi main menu.

As for pulling down all of v0.8 material, if it still works on any other platforms, I guess not.  But I'm not hearing that here - of course, if it's working for someone then they won't be on here complaining.  It gets complicated, huh?

Quote:No ETA on v.0.9.x it's core is so drastically different than v.0.8.x no backward compatibility is possible, ie. I won't spend anytime working on v.0.8.x. patches.
Believe me, I don't want you wasting time you could better spend on getting v.0.9 done trying to patch up v.0.8.

But I understood that v.0.9 was very nearly ready for release.  You were just hammering out the last details.  Not that I'm rushing you!

Quote:Please understand I'm doing my best, I'm juggling a lot of projects. Including bringing more legitimate mainstream IPTV services to Kodi.
I understand that you have a life outside of Kodi.  I do use a lot of the other addons you have developed.  I appreciate ALL of the things that you have done for those of us that enjoy using Kodi. 

But PTVL is such a great addon concept.  It does what Kodi really has the potential to do, integrate a lot of disparate sources into one seamless TV experience.  That's why so many of us are so eager for it.   I'm not mad at you - you are doing something really cool for all of us just because you want to.  It's just difficult to wait sometimes...
Star 
I only registered on the Kodi forum today to thank you Lunatix. You are a champion and PseudoTV Live is amazing. I have been following and using PseudoTV Live for a long time. All above board, I dont use or endorse illegal material that threatens Kodi's reputation and potential market.

Kodi and PseudoTV Live are the lifeblood of our home network and many home networks (completely legal - I shouldn't feel that needs to be said) I have setup. What you are doing with Linear video from multiple sources is revolutionary. The majority of people still appreciate pre-programmed linear TV as an option alongside OnDemand and other aspects. The EPG timeline is familiar and makes selections and TV moderation not a chore. Kodi should have a much bigger market share (lets not talk about marketing/installation/technical knowledge) and I believe PseudoTV is a required part. Anyway, rant over. Thank you again for all your work Smile
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x4