Aeon Nox 5 Unable to build menu
Still not working, I tried the Fix
Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/preh1x8sg
Same here, I tried loading the zip with no luck.
Why can't we do a rollback. this thing is very annoying to the point i can't even watch tv anymore.... it worked fine for most of the day yesterday, then the stupid update came about and ruined it
I got several calls of people saying their debugging log is on steady in the top left now. Mine did it too. I guess every box, stick and computer running Aeon Nox Silvo is getting this error.
For those having issues updating from git, manually extract the contents of the zip file and overwrite the previous script.skinshortcuts folder. This will be located in the addons folder one folder up from the Userdata (wiki) folder location.

For those asking when the script will be updated on the repo - it's in hand but takes time.

For those just moaning, I hope you feel better for getting that off you chest, but it won't do a damn thing to get the script updated quicker.

(2015-11-06, 17:21)SupeRepo4K Wrote: Many thanks Bob
I performed the script.shortcuts updated and it is working now properly .
Do you have any idea what may be the cause of this problem ?

I presume you want more than 'it's a bug'? Wink The bug was caused because some code was moved around - previously when a skin over-rid an action, the script would then apply any visibility conditions specified in either the .DATA.xml file (where the shortcuts are stored) or the skins overrides.xml file. The code that grabs those visibility conditions was therefore moved out of the code-block which was terminating before it reached them. However, the code block they were in had a check to ensure that there actually was a skin overrides.xml file before running - the new code block didn't, so causing the error when the overrides.xml file isn't found.
(2015-11-07, 06:19)droidal Wrote: I got several calls of people saying their debugging log is on steady in the top left now. Mine did it too. I guess every box, stick and computer running Aeon Nox Silvo is getting this error.

Mine always has log and I can't change any submenu shortcuts
(2015-11-07, 10:33)BobCratchett Wrote: For those having issues updating from git, manually extract the contents of the zip file and overwrite the previous script.skinshortcuts folder. This will be located in the addons folder one folder up from the Userdata (wiki) folder location.

For those asking when the script will be updated on the repo - it's in hand but takes time.

For those just moaning, I hope you feel better for getting that off you chest, but it won't do a damn thing to get the script updated quicker.

I presume you want more than 'it's a bug'? Wink The bug was caused because some code was moved around - previously when a skin over-rid an action, the script would then apply any visibility conditions specified in either the .DATA.xml file (where the shortcuts are stored) or the skins overrides.xml file. The code that grabs those visibility conditions was therefore moved out of the code-block which was terminating before it reached them. However, the code block they were in had a check to ensure that there actually was a skin overrides.xml file before running - the new code block didn't, so causing the error when the overrides.xml file isn't found.

how is this done via firetv stick?
Mines fixed thanks everyone
For those moaning, just wanted to point out that (contrary to my own beliefs, it has to be said) the version of Skin Shortcuts with the bug didn't make it to the official Kodi repo - if you've got it automatically its because a 3rd party repo that you have installed included it.

Now, I've no idea which one that is. There are several beta repo's out there (the Emby beta repo, for example) which do include early releases of Skin Shortcuts for testing purposes - exactly so we can find and fix issues like this - and if you're using a repo marked as beta, bugs are to be expected. If it's a non-beta repo, then please go moan at whoever decided to include it and ask them to update the version on their repo to the fixed version.
Regardless of where mine auto updated from I personally thank you for the help it was appretiated
Heh, wish I could have been more assistance - these things always come up when I'm away from home Smile
(2015-11-07, 12:18)MoneyProv Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 10:33)BobCratchett Wrote: For those having issues updating from git, manually extract the contents of the zip file and overwrite the previous script.skinshortcuts folder. This will be located in the addons folder one folder up from the Userdata (wiki) folder location.

how is this done via firetv stick?
You need to install es file explorer, enable hidden files option and find the folder under android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/
It's good I'm glad its sorted I was messing with some add on settings when it happened I assumed I had done something by mistake, tried some stuff ended up reinstalling Kodi then people started posting this thread immediately after I uninstalled, Thinking great iv reformatted my Libary and it's a general problem.

My Libary has over 1000 movies it can take some time sort out.

And as for you being away I also saw that and laughted. quick fix considering
So will this eventually be sorted out through an automatic update or is it going to require action on the user end? Thanks for your help.
Well, the manual override works great, thanks for the help [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5 Unable to build menu1