Stream live TV from windows box to other boxes
I have a main media center that has a tuner card in it. Is it even possible to stream the live TV from that machine/card to other devices (android, other windows boxes, etc...)??

thanks!
One option is to use Windows Media Center (on Win Vista/7/8/8.1) to manage the tuner, then install the "ServerWMC" program available here (see PVR WMC forum). That will allow you to run the WMC client in Kokdi which I thinik works on all platforms. The main limitation is that if your Live TV is a cable feed, copy-restricted programming won't stream. There are other alternatives such as NextPVR which can manage tuners on Win boxes and stream to NextPVR add-on in Kodi installs.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I actually want to stay away from WMC. I already had NextPVR installed as the back-end to control the tuner in Kodi. I can install NextPVR on other boxes to connect to that installation?
I spent a little time playing with the NextPVR add-on for kodi on one of my remote boxes. I think what I'm supposed to do is configure it to connect to the NextPVR server on the main media center but I cannot find anywhere in the Kodi Add-on to do this (set host IP...?).

If I have to install the NextPVR client software, that's fine for my other windows boxes, but what about android systems, etc...?
If you go to NextPVR web site I think they have guides on how to setup the server on windows and the Kodi clients. AFAIK the client supports windows, linux, and OSX.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
How to setup another computer to view tv signal
(2015-10-24, 14:39)jglazer63 Wrote: I spent a little time playing with the NextPVR add-on for kodi on one of my remote boxes. I think what I'm supposed to do is configure it to connect to the NextPVR server on the main media center but I cannot find anywhere in the Kodi Add-on to do this (set host IP...?).

If I have to install the NextPVR client software, that's fine for my other windows boxes, but what about android systems, etc...?

You need the Nextpvr (from nextpvr) client installed only on one machine as your tv backend Configure it. They have plenty of information as someone stated at the website, and a effing superb forum.

Then you do your Kodi addons as per configuring live tv to match up with the NVPR addon. Doesn't matter the OS flavor as long as it runs Kodi.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream live TV from windows box to other boxes0