Steam Controller Support
I believe it best to build a configuration from the keyboard and mouse template so that you have to best set of options available to you.
So my personal experience appears to be that in v15.2 the Steam Controller works quite well. At least I have no trouble engaging basic control using the Transparency! skin. The main problem is that on shutdown, Steam also shuts down the controller. So you have to re-enable it to control the Kodi again.

Personal system:
Windows 10
4670k processor
nVidia 660gt GPU

Software:
Steam Beta
Chrome
Kodi 15.2
PadStarr gamepad profiling system (younger brother to Pinnacle, just released, doesn't support Steam Controller)

Input peripherals:
Logitech K830 keyboard/touchpad, unified receiver
Logitech M515 couch mouse, unified receiver
Steam Controller
XBox One Controller, wireless receiver

Maybe that will be useful to someone. I'm not up on the particulars of the controller and how it's "HID-ness" makes it fundamentally different from a standard XInput controller.

Has a long-time Kodi dev gotten hold of one of these things? It's kind of a bizarre lark and I know the dev on the first page was just being sarcastic, but as a donation I could potentially help order one. I'd hesitate for the time being as this thing, while really pretty amazing inside Steam, is so deeply linked to Steam that I'm still iffy on how willing Valve is to support the controller outside a purely Steam context.
Hello,

I wrote a steam controller driver for using it under Linux without steam (I wrote it mostly for using the controller where steam is not available like ARM boxes for examples).

https://github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller

For the moment it has two modes, a xbox mode and a desktop/media player mode (that works well with kodi).

As It is mostly written in Python using a libusb binding, it could be ported under windows, but the event generation part, written in C, is Linux specific.

If a Windows (or MaxOS) developer is willing to port this part any contribution will be welcomed, the project is under MIT license.

Regards.
(2015-12-16, 23:39)ynsta Wrote: Hello,

I wrote a steam controller driver for using it under Linux without steam (I wrote it mostly for using the controller where steam is not available like ARM boxes for examples).

https://github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller

For the moment it has two modes, a xbox mode and a desktop/media player mode (that works well with kodi).

As It is mostly written in Python using a libusb binding, it could be ported under windows, but the event generation part, written in C, is Linux specific.

If a Windows (or MaxOS) developer is willing to port this part any contribution will be welcomed, the project is under MIT license.

Regards.

I may have to look into this. I'm no Python developer, but I could probably catch on. Mostly used to GCC and G++.
Great job ynsta!

I am running steam (using the steam app). It seems your script is slightly messing with games like crypt of the necrodancer. Do you have any recommendation for properly handling your script in relation to this game?
Hello, any news here? I read something that since v18 Leia the Steam controller is already supported but there are 70 different types of controllers in the official add-ons and the Steam controller isn't here. So still unsupported?
That's something I also would like to know. How can I use steam controller within Kodi?

Best regards
Any updates on if it's fully supported? Thanks for any info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Steam Controller Support0