Issue with skin and PTVL
Morning!

I am having an issue with your awesome skin and PTVL. It seems due to a change in the PTVL addon, i am unable to load PTVL while using Rapier. It starts to load and then i get nothing, i can hear clicks when moving the dpad but i get no PTVL display or EPG or video playing.

I asked in the PTVL forum and they suspect its due to them disabling loading custom skins, and this skin having some xml files to customize PTVL. Please check out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2141514

Please take look at my original post at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2141447

Let me know if you need any more information or if I havent explained myself well enough haha

Cheers!
Hi wyild1.

I actually don't use PTVL at all myself.

The Rapier PTVL files were created by Scarfa - Rapier's original creator. So you are most likely right that some features might not work correctly anymore, since the files haven't been updates for many years now.

I could remove the skin files so PTVL uses the add-on provided skin files instead? This way all features are up to date and working, but you will lose the Rapier design of the files.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Gade
Morning Gade

I think it would be best to have them removed. They stop me (and prob others) from using the PTVL addon with the Rapier skin, and i would rather use Rapier skin over Confluence skin for Kodi

But thats just my opinion. Smile I did remove the XML files myself and the addon works now. I dunno if thats all that needed to be done though hehe

Cheers!
Hi wyild1.

No worries, I think you're right.

I'll remove the files and it will be done in the next update. If you install my development repository, I'll push the update already later tonight.

Deleting the files is all that's needed to fix the issue.

Cheers
Gade
(2015-10-24, 18:33)Gade Wrote: Hi wyild1.

No worries, I think you're right.

I'll remove the files and it will be done in the next update. If you install my development repository, I'll push the update already later tonight.

Deleting the files is all that's needed to fix the issue.

Cheers
Gade

Can you push the old PseudoTV Live rapier skin here: https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Ski...udoTV_Live

I have a few skinners that can fix it.. Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Sure.

Do you need the entire skin or only the script files? The entire skin has all the correct includes etc.

Will this only work with the default skin theme (Rapier has 4 themes)?

Between Kodi 15 and 16 the script xml files have changed. I have removed the deprecated allowoverlay tag and added the new depth tag. Do you only need the version for Kodi 14/15 or do you also need the version for Kodi 16?

Cheers
Gade
The new update of Rapier with the PTVL fix both for Isengard and Helix is available in the official repo and in my development repo.

Sorry for the inconvenience Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with skin and PTVL0