Kodi missing upper channels from EPG in a Kodi/NextPVR setup
Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking a second to look at my post, I appreciate it!

I've done some searching around and I haven't been able to find anything on this. My problem is, my Kodi EPG is missing all of the upper channels from my cable provider. I'm hoping this is something simple. Here are the facts about my install and problem:

- Windows 7 Ultimate, Core i7 2600K CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250GB SSD boot drive, two WD Black 750GB HD's in RAID 0
- Ceton InfiniTV 6 plus Comcast M-Card
- NextPVR installed as backend
- Kodi 15.2 Isengard installed as frontend
- All channels appear and are tuneable in NextPVR and are sourced from Schedules Direct (I am a subscriber)
- In my area, channels are broken up into 3 obvious groupings: 2-299 are SD channels and non-premium channels, 300-799 are premium channels (yes, I know I cannot tune those) and other "junk", and 800-899 are HD non-premium channels like the local channels, ESPN HD, NFL Network, etc.
- All channels on this system are marked Copy Freely aside from the premium channels like HBO, Showtime, etc.
- While all channels are present in the EPG in NextPVR, the channels end in Kodi's EPG at 280-ish
- I have the same version of Kodi installed on another Windows 7 LAN PC and the same problem exists on that instance of Kodi
- The NextPVR/Kodi server machine also has WMC set up and running because my wife is a TV addict and I cannot possibly kill off her WMC/Ceton Echo system until I have NextPVR/Kodi working perfectly, for my own safety

Thanks in advance for any advice offered!
-Ark
It's not a known problem.

If you try viewing the following the url into your browser on your NextPVR PC, do you see all the channels listed?

http://127.0.0.1:8866/services/service?m...st&sid=123
(2015-10-25, 07:09)sub3 Wrote: It's not a known problem.

If you try viewing the following the url into your browser on your NextPVR PC, do you see all the channels listed?

http://127.0.0.1:8866/services/service?m...st&sid=123

Hi sub3, yes, when I visit that URL on the HTPC, I do see all the channels listed.
Then they should be available in Kodi too. I haven't heard of any other users having a problem with this, so I don't there is any issue in the NextPVR addon around this. Have you maybe created channel groups, and you're not viewing the 'all channels' group?

If you want to supply your npvr.db3, I can double check here to see if I receive all your channels names etc in Kodi.
No sir, no channel groupings at all.

The file you're asking for is pretty large and is stored in C:\Users\Public\NPVR, correct? If so, here's a file dropper link: http://www.filedropper.com/npvr

Thanks!
Ah. It is listing all your channels, but it's using Kodi's channel numbering. If you look at the channel names, even the very last channels, they are all there. (you have 282 channels in your database, so that is the last channel number)

In Kodi, if you go into the Settings->TV->General, select the 'use channel numbers from backend', then you'll get the normal channel numbers you expect, and you'll see the channel numbers end at 949.
Oh man. I'm so sorry for having bothered you. At least it was something simple I suppose. Thank you!!
No worries.
I hate to say it, but this does not work.

In spite of all the channels in NextPVR being numbered the same as my cable system, and Kodi being set to "synchronize channel groups with backend", Kodi numbers them starting at 1, without skipping any numbers. The end result is all new numbers for the upper channels, which equals a pissed off wife and unhappy me. Sad

Sub3, is there a setting I'm missing? Under Settings -> TV -> General, the only option that sounds remotely like what you recommended I change, is "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)".

*edit* I also notice that my Kodi settings area does not have nearly the number of configuration options shown at this URL: http://kodi.wiki/view/Configuring_live_TV_settings ....... even though I am using the latest Windows version. Here's a screen grab of my options: http://i.imgur.com/M72J3nU.jpg

Thanks again for all your help!
(2015-10-27, 01:50)Ark :D Wrote: I hate to say it, but this does not work.

In spite of all the channels in NextPVR being numbered the same as my cable system, and Kodi being set to "synchronize channel groups with backend", Kodi numbers them starting at 1, without skipping any numbers. The end result is all new numbers for the upper channels, which equals a pissed off wife and unhappy me. Sad

Sub3, is there a setting I'm missing? Under Settings -> TV -> General, the only option that sounds remotely like what you recommended I change, is "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)".
That's not the setting I'm talking about. It's called "use channel numbers from backend". You might need to go down to the 'Settings Level' and change that before this setting shows up.
Uggh, I'm not a computer noob, I swear!.... but in all seriousness, I guess with the remote-control nature of my HTPC and TV, I did not notice the 'Settings Level'. I've got it now. Thank you again for all your help Sub3, you've the patience of a saint!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi missing upper channels from EPG in a Kodi/NextPVR setup0