Google nexus player
Hey guys I have the nexus player and it was running kodi fine then I restored my device to factory and I can't search for kodi on the play market... Any ideas why not? I currently have it side loaded but would like to load it from google play. Let me know if you need any info.
Same issue! Seems like Kodi has been removed from the nexus players google playstore. I can find Kodi just fine on my Note 5 google playstore. Is it possible it was pulled from Android Tv devices?
There's is no "nexus playstore".
Make sure you got everything updated
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When I said "nexus playstore", I meant the google playstore.
Looks like it has been pulled from Android TV devices with the google playstore:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245067
I updated some images so perhaps it takes a while for it to come back. Just relax or use the webbrowser to push it to your device
Sorry for panic mode Martijn lol. I did use es file manager to side load Kodi. I just love the ease of having it available on the google playstore. Again....apologies.
tbh it's weird that this happens
thanks for the replies... ok thank you its not just me... it stop showing after 15.2 hopefully they put it back!!!
it's actually weird, when checking the Play Store in my browser I can still see Kodi with compatibility option for my Sony Android TV
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2015-10-24, 18:56)Martijn Wrote: I updated some images so perhaps it takes a while for it to come back. Just relax or use the webbrowser to push it to your device

I'm experiencing something similar on my Nexus Player running Android 6.0.

Tried installing it via Chrome on my desktop and when I hit "install", the Nexus Player shows up in the drop-down. Clicked the Nexus Player and hit install but it just hung there.

I backed out and it shows as "Installed" but Kodi is nowhere to be found on my Nexus Player.
Confirming no Kodi in Play Store for me on Nexus Player 5.1.1 and 6.0. Tried via chrome browser and it shows up but won't install on NP.

Can anyone currently see Kodi in the Play Store from Nexus Player?
(2015-10-25, 02:31)clankfu Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 18:56)Martijn Wrote: I updated some images so perhaps it takes a while for it to come back. Just relax or use the webbrowser to push it to your device

I'm experiencing something similar on my Nexus Player running Android 6.0.

Tried installing it via Chrome on my desktop and when I hit "install", the Nexus Player shows up in the drop-down. Clicked the Nexus Player and hit install but it just hung there.

I backed out and it shows as "Installed" but Kodi is nowhere to be found on my Nexus Player.
Exact same experience as those above, including finding Kodi via the Google Play Store on my phone's browser and being able to "install" it to the Nexus Player via the phone, but alas, no Kodi to be found on the player itself.

As recently as Friday night, I was seeing Kodi on the Google Play Store via the Nexus Player (both on Android 5.1.1 and after updating to 6.0)

Eagerly awaiting its return, since it's really the only reason I bought the Nexus Player :/

Thanks
It's not that Kodi has gone anywhere, it's just that Google has an issue right now with apps that are compatible with Android TV devices showing up on those devices.

This is happening across all Android TV devices and it's not just Kodi that this is a problem for. On the Nvidia Shield ATV for instance, there are several apps that are compatible but not showing up on the devices Play Store.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-10-25, 02:31)clankfu Wrote: I'm experiencing something similar on my Nexus Player running Android 6.0.

(2015-10-25, 18:40)bilybob Wrote: Confirming no Kodi in Play Store for me on Nexus Player 5.1.1 and 6.0. Tried via chrome browser and it shows up but won't install on NP.

Can anyone currently see Kodi in the Play Store from Nexus Player?

I have it installed from the play store on mine. After clicking install from your browser did you try a reboot?

Once an app truly gets marked incompatible, the device will be greyed out in any web browser playstore. Not showing up in the "on-device" play store is usually the result of Google "curating" that list down to apps. I can't find the link for this, but the reason ES was marked incompatible (for a while) after they had already added leanback intent was due to controller support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google nexus player0