How to get both: "Rotten Tomatoes" AND IMDB ratings in movie info?
Hi all

So I did some homework last few weeks and have played with several different methods, none of which really produced satisfactory results, to get 'dual' ratings from IMDB and RT

What I understand is that KODI, for whatever reason, only allows one set of ratings in its database

There appear to be some attempts in recent years to integrate "dual" ratings (two separate scrapers) results into Library (Movies, specifically), but the skins that do this seem to be discontinued, and even when using older versions of the program (XBMC, Helix) the skin support is pretty rugged

Ive looked into using external scrapers, (third party, not scripts in KODI) but, again, one ratings field in KODI database and in most skins, makes this kind of hard to do from what I have seen.

So here's the thing;

I am still very keen to make this work somehow.

I wondered about tacking a number onto the end of one of the standard fields, and using that do display a number? - not sure how to go about this though Smile

IMDB has its limitations. RT also has limitations. IMHO the most meaningful way to get a rating for a movie is to use critics and popular concensus together.

Anyone, is there a way to do this?

Working SKIN solution?
Back end solution?
Script?
Third party app?
Hack?

Thanks for any ideas

Jim
This maybe do-able, but hits on more than one database is just going to put more pressure on what is essentially a free service.

Pick one.
(2015-10-26, 06:17)PatK Wrote: This maybe do-able, but hits on more than one database is just going to put more pressure on what is essentially a free service.

Pick one.

I dont really understand your reply

more hits on whose database?

At the moment its gonna hit IMDB, /or RT, /or TMDB

If you get a scraper to hit two ratings DBs thats two //separate// DBs its accessing. Not more on one.

Not sure what you're getting at, or how this constitutes an answer to the question Smile
The newest Kodi Jarvis builds have a new database version (Myvideos99) which adds a "userrating" field (takes values 0-10). I suppose that could be used with appropriate script to store RT rating.

scott s.
V17 will get multiple ratings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wink 
(2015-10-26, 21:44)Martijn Wrote: V17 will get multiple ratings

Thanks Smile

Is there somewhere I can read more about thisHuh?

Uh.. sorry for the dumb question, but that would make the ETA for a stable that does it at probably another 2 years-ish? (or something like that)?
Pretty cool feature to look forward to imo.
Thanks devs.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
<cough> <bump> <sneeze>
any hope?
Knock Knock....
Nightlies and beta's of Krypton (v17) are available from the download page.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-11-10, 13:28)0ldfart Wrote: Knock Knock....

I use Estuary Mod on the Krypton betas to get this functionality and a LOT more. It can take a bit of effort to set up, but it's well worth it for the flexibility you get. The developer is responsive to suggestions and bugfixes and frequently delivers updated builds.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2016-11-10, 17:05)snarfo Wrote:
(2016-11-10, 13:28)0ldfart Wrote: Knock Knock....

I use Estuary Mod on the Krypton betas to get this functionality and a LOT more. It can take a bit of effort to set up, but it's well worth it for the flexibility you get. The developer is responsive to suggestions and bugfixes and frequently delivers updated builds.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343 
 I installed that mod but couldn't find any settings for RT or IMDB ratings?  Neither appear in any of the views?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get both: "Rotten Tomatoes" AND IMDB ratings in movie info?0