Release Modded Now Playing Screen [Updated 06/12/2015]
Finally Completed!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
See first post for details
Please add it for madnox.
Looks great
(2015-11-09, 07:26)Slipass Wrote: Please add it for madnox.
Looks great

I agree. Would be nice addition to Madnox as well. Film view always has more work / addons being worked on so this music add in is much needed and looks amazing. Well done
It's on the list to pull into Madnox soon. Very Nice work Seedy.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I just tested your new mod and I like it, but there are a few Issues and FR:
1. Artist-Logos are not working, if you have more than 1 music folder
I have 3 music folders:
Code:
-Alben
   |-Artist1
         |-Album
   |-Artist2
         |-Album
         |-Album
-Sampler
   |-Sampler1
   |-Sampler2
-Christmas ;)
   |-Artist3
         |-Album
   |-Artist4
         |-Album
         |-Album
   |-Sampler3
If I set the folder for the Artist-Logos to "Alben", then all is working as expected, for all Albums in "Alben", but not for for the "Christmas"-albums and Samplers. I don't if this funcion from "script.skin.helper.service" helps out:
Quote:Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.ClearLogo) Will return the Artist's logo image for the current selected item in the list.
Then you don't need to specify a folder for Artist-Logos.

2. Do you plan to add "Fake-Disc support" for albums with no CD-Art? Or at least "handwrote" CDs like this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212324

3. Haven't tested it, but does the CD show up, when Internet-Radio is played? Then there should not be a CD
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Thanks guys

@Solo0815: cheers for the feedback.
1. Never occurred to me people would have more than one directory for music. I simply made use of the same method as the one in Nox Silvo. I'll look into the skin helper and see if it something that be used.
2. Wasn't planning on adding fake discart, this mod was just something to get me started with skinning etc. If enough people want it though i'll look into adding it.
3. Not something I'd thought of as never used internet streams in kodi. Would it be a case of simply not showing the CD and having the CD case empty or would you hide the CD case altogether.
@Solo0815 and anyone else that wishes to test it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoudx6jorsaq43...n.xml?dl=0

Would you mind trying the file above for testing purposes. I added an extra popup that uses the skin helper service to display artist logo and displays the path where the image is pulled from. I've left the original Logo display in place so you can compare results. Obviously you will also need to install the skin helper service. Let me know if it works ok and I'll adjust the original method.
It is working and the skin is pulling the Logo from "theaudiodb.com" or from a local logo.png.
Sometimes it is not displaying any logo at all. Maybe it has to do with this:
Can you please change the search to "TrackArtist" and not to "AlbumArtist"? Because for samplers it displays the "Various Artists" logo, even if the TrackArtist is Dido or someone else "famous"

Fake Discart:
The code for handwrote CDs is always in SiLVO's mod. I'm sure you can use it

CD-Art for Streams:
I'd hide the CD-Case and the CD at all and show only the Iogo of e.g. the internet-radiostream. You can try it with the "Radio"- or the "Shoutcast"-plugins

rotating CD-"holder":
It seems to be to small:
Shouldn't it end at the top and bottom of the CD?

Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi,

WIP of the Madnox version of Seedy's Mod:

Many thanks for taking the time to test and for the feedback Solo
(2015-11-13, 18:34)Solo0815 Wrote: It is working and the skin is pulling the Logo from "theaudiodb.com" or from a local logo.png.
Can you please change the search to "TrackArtist" and not to "AlbumArtist"? Because for samplers it displays the "Various Artists" logo, even if the TrackArtist is Dido or someone else "famous"
Glad it's working OK for you. I'll get the mod updated to use this method from now on. I too noticed it search by album artist and not track artist. Unfortunately the search by album artist is set in the skin helper script and not something I can change though I will post in the skin helper thread and see if anything can be done. Fixed and mod updated 15/11/2015
(2015-11-13, 18:34)Solo0815 Wrote: Fake Discart:
The code for handwrote CDs is always in SiLVO's mod. I'm sure you can use it

CD-Art for Streams:
I'd hide the CD-Case and the CD at all and show only the Iogo of e.g. the internet-radiostream. You can try it with the "Radio"- or the "Shoutcast"-plugins
Good to know. I'll do some research and see what I can implement
(2015-11-13, 18:34)Solo0815 Wrote: rotating CD-"holder":
It seems to be to small:
Shouldn't it end at the top and bottom of the CD?
The part you see behind the cd is simply the far end of the panel that is behind the song info and the fact that the cd and case extend above and below it is intentional. I can show you which part to edit if you like to adjust it.

Again thanks for your time and feedback. It'll take me a bit to get the changes done as I'm flat out at moment but I'll get them done as soon as I can
-----------------
(2015-11-13, 21:29)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Looking good Mike. Can't wait to see finished product.
(2015-11-13, 21:29)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Nice!
So, still WIP on the Madnox version.

Added a waveform progress to replace the progress bar, thoughts?

As always, thank to my gfx guru schimi for his help on the waveform. Still things to do but will look to release it soon in Madnox.

Mike.
Looks very nice Mike. Good work. My own personal preference is the small standard one though but that just me Big Grin
New Update. See First Post for full details
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2015-11-14, 03:20)SeedyEvil Wrote: Many thanks for taking the time to test and for the feedback Solo
(2015-11-13, 18:34)Solo0815 Wrote: It is working and the skin is pulling the Logo from "theaudiodb.com" or from a local logo.png.
Glad it's working OK for you. I'll get the mod updated to use this method from now on. I too noticed it search by album artist and not track artist. Unfortunately the search by album artist is set in the skin helper script and not something I can change though I will post in the skin helper thread and see if anything can be done.

Posted in the skin helper thread about using track artist and Marcel has adjusted the script. It now seems to work great so I've updated the mod to use this method. Please re-download as well as grabbing an up-to-date skin helper. You will need to flush the cache in the skin helper settings as well.
The new skin.helper seems to have a bug, at least for me. Pls have a look in the skin.helper thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modded Now Playing Screen [Updated 06/12/2015]1