Beta Turn Off LG TV Screensaver
Screensaver turns your LGTV off by LAN

Description:
Quote:Due to some reason, LG TVs do not support turning off by CEC (SimpLink) using libCEC
This screensaver is workaround.

Supports TV models:
  • Year 2015 (Works with LG TV Plus mobile app)
  • Year 2012-2014 (Works with LG TV Remote mobile app)
Does not supports TV models:
  • Year 2011 (Works with LG TV Remote 2011 mobile app)
Download:
Quote: > Beta Releases

Tiny guide:
Quote:LG 2015 TV
  • Set up TV type to 2015
  • Set up IP address
  • Click OK to save settings
  • Run screensaver preview
  • Confirm pairing on your TV

LG 2012-2014 TV
  • Set up TV type to 2012-2014
  • Set up IP address
  • Click OK to save settings
  • Run screensaver preview. The TV will show up pairing key
  • Go to settings again, on 2012-2014 tab
  • Input the pairing key
  • Save settings
This is my first python project, please be lenient
Dear FilimoniC,

thank you for your time on this usefull idea and great solution. To get my LG off - it works great. But after that, when I want to wake up my LG using remote control/keyboard/mouse, I'm not able to do it. Finally the only way is to use remote control from LG, switch TV off and turn it on again.

Is there any other way, how to wake up my LG? Did I miss anything?

Regards,
Martin
(2015-11-30, 08:21)mpavlis Wrote: Dear FilimoniC,

thank you for your time on this usefull idea and great solution. To get my LG off - it works great. But after that, when I want to wake up my LG using remote control/keyboard/mouse, I'm not able to do it. Finally the only way is to use remote control from LG, switch TV off and turn it on again.

Is there any other way, how to wake up my LG? Did I miss anything?

Regards,
Martin
Only if you have CEC adapter (like PulseEight) or your pc has CEC built-in (raspberryPi, IntelNUC) you can send WAKE to tv via HDMI CEC. This setting is in CEC settings.
Also you will be able to control your Kodi via TV remote. The networking is down while tv is off, so you can not so anything with it via LAN
*CEC is SimpLink in LG terms.
I was looking for this for so long!! Thank you very much for bringing this together. I have an idea for improving, not sure if it can be implemented.
It would be great if we would have an option for "Screen off" feature. currently, you have to access menu tv to set the screen to "screen off" in power saving option. It would be awesome if an option for just powering off the screen but keep the tv on would be present (music lovers).
(2016-01-10, 12:17)corrpel Wrote: I was looking for this for so long!! Thank you very much for bringing this together. I have an idea for improving, not sure if it can be implemented.
It would be great if we would have an option for "Screen off" feature. currently, you have to access menu tv to set the screen to "screen off" in power saving option. It would be awesome if an option for just powering off the screen but keep the tv on would be present (music lovers).
As I understood you want the LCD and Backlight to be turned off, but HDMI sound will still be on?
I do not know if TVs are able to do this even internally. I think it is impossible.
(2016-01-10, 12:17)corrpel Wrote: It would be great if we would have an option for "Screen off" feature. currently, you have to access menu tv to set the screen to "screen off" in power saving option.

Done this in 1.1.5 release (beta) for 2012-2014 TVs. Please check.
Hi there, absolutely love the screen off function of my lg tv. However, since I use a different screensaver. I was wondering if you can make an menu entry/script to run this ''function'' but not as a screensaver.

for example, a simple menu entry inside kodi home menu that launches that exact function. But not as a screensaver.
I have been digging around in your addon zip but I have no clue how to work python.

Anyway let me know what you think
(2016-12-06, 11:13)Archimedes Wrote: Hi there, absolutely love the screen off function of my lg tv. However, since I use a different screensaver. I was wondering if you can make an menu entry/script to run this ''function'' but not as a screensaver.
There is a fork of this project on github, converted to a simple script (which you can then KeyMap).

Thanks again for a great workaround!
Sometimes, when I wake Kodi back, I still see "you can turn off now" screensaver text and only Back button makes Kodi responsive again.

Could you make a checkbox to disable this warning or hint me with a probable cause?
Still grateful for this invaluable plugin, which turns off LG TV by WiFi just fine.

Although when LiveTV or PVR is running, the TV wakes instantly back.
Here's my workaround (a .py script for binding in key editor) for stopping playback before TV off, excluding AirPlay/music playback:
python:
import xbmc
if not xbmc.Player().isPlayingAudio(): 
    xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayerControl(Stop)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateScreenSaver")
(2017-09-06, 07:44)i3laze Wrote: There is a fork of this project on github, converted to a simple script (which you can then KeyMap).

I've been using the above fork of this project for a while, which has worked well for me. I just released a very small addon which uses it to allow toggling the TV on and off (on using CEC, off using the TurnOffLGTV addon). Thought someone here might find it useful. Check it out if you're interested, Kodi.Script.ToggleLGTVPower.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn Off LG TV Screensaver0