What python games do you want for XBMC?
Achtung die Kurve

its tron on steroids (but looks more simple), and its a heck of fun playing it against friends.
http://achtung.zatacka.com/

i dont know how to program games but i have python skills
is it easy to learn? and where to start? How to create a game field etc...

this game only need a left and a right for each "snake" and a record of the path each snake takes. Then when the snake head hits a path its dead.
http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/uv/fre...re/source/
Quote:Requirements

The game has the following dependencies:

Python 2.3 or newer (The game is written in the Python programming language)
PyGame (PyGame provides access to video and audio hardware, among other things)
PyOpenGL (Provides OpenGL functions for Python)
Amanith Framework (The SVG graphics of the game are drawn with this OpenGL-based vector graphics library)
PyAmanith (Makes Amanith usable from Python)
Numeric (Matrix math routines)
Python Imaging Library (Image manipulation routines)
[Included] Illusoft Collada module (The 3D models of the game are in the Collada format)
[Included] MXM Python Midi Package (The song notes are stored in MIDI files)
[Included] Cerealizer (Used for saving things into files)
[Optional] Psyco specializing compiler (Used for speed optimization)
[Optional] GLEW OpenGL extension wrangler (Used for render-to-texture support)
For making a binary release, you'll need these:

py2exe (Used to make the EXE file on Windows)
cx_Freeze (Used to make the binary file on Linux)
Epydoc (Used to generate the source code reference documentation)

WTF?!?! FretsOnFire is made on Phyton?!?! Shocked Yes, it "needs" 256mb RAM (i think is really a lot for an interface so simple...) but it could be really easy at least try to port it to XBMC!!!Nod
Anyone has talked about XBMC 3D games?
DirectPython
At least we could get a pseudo-framebuffer where to draw individual pixels... Smile
El Piranna Wrote:WTF?!?! FretsOnFire is made on Phyton?!?! Shocked Yes, it "needs" 256mb RAM (i think is really a lot for an interface so simple...) but it could be really easy at least try to port it to XBMC!!!Nod
Did you try installing it under Windows and slowly drop your RAM to 64Mb of RAM?

Install it on a Windows 98 (or 2k) box with 64Mb of RAM and try to play it. Remember, the Xbox doesn't use a "Swap File" for memory so once you run out, your SOL.
Simba7 Wrote:Remember, the Xbox doesn't use a "Swap File" for memory so once you run out, your SOL.

Well, it has three cache partitions that would be used for something... In any case i was thinking about to re-design or maybe re-make it having XBox on mind. I have played it on a computer and it was really awfull (i think it didn't has video drivers since i only get it to run decently with 320x200@10fps with all graphics option off) but maybe a 2D or better a 2.5D version (emulating 3D scaling graphics) it should work. I hadn't see FretsOnFire code, but if interface is enought divided from core, it's should be question of put to do it.

P.D.: I have read on Internet that it run ok with 128mb...
El Piranna - I know that Tetris is pretty impressive but I think you seriously overestimate what the XBMC python engine is capable of Smile

After XBMC is loaded up you only have like 30 MB to play with. There is also no OpenGL, no swap file, no nothing. Most python libraries that talk to the hardware in any way won't work since they depend on things like having Windows or a real OS.

If you want to play 3D games on your xbox there is already a good way to do it...
Asteron Wrote:El Piranna - I know that Tetris is pretty impressive but I think you seriously overestimate what the XBMC python engine is capable of Smile

After XBMC is loaded up you only have like 30 MB to play with. There is also no OpenGL, no swap file, no nothing. Most python libraries that talk to the hardware in any way won't work since they depend on things like having Windows or a real OS.

If you want to play 3D games on your xbox there is already a good way to do it...

Touche!!! Well, i have three options: make an XBox executable, make a 2D version of FretsOnFire or use Linux. I think i'll try the last one in first place if i can repair my XBox Confused We'll talk in some hours Wink

P.D.: Friday i took away a Phyton book from university library, let's see if i can do something useful with it :p
How about trying to doop some of the old bbs type games. Stuff like The PIT or solar realms elite. It could instantly update player info in a remote database using web services Those games where not very complicated and could not be hard to program. I think it would be a could "type" of game to develope to get a "live" sort of environment. Easy yet addicting games that you can log in once a day and play your round against everyone else in the xbmc community. I am sure we can get someone to donate us some server space as this would not require much resources. What does everyone else think about this?
It's a good idea... but i don't have keyboard :p In any case, i'm thinking tu make a Simon game to learn phyton as i promised Wink
There are many bbs games that are menu driven. which means you dont kneed a keyboard. It could be made with buttons w/ minimal virtual keyboard input for special cases.
nate12o6 Wrote:There are many bbs games that are menu driven. which means you dont kneed a keyboard. It could be made with buttons w/ minimal virtual keyboard input for special cases.

I really liked the BBSs concept, but i'm too young to have meet them :p Well, if there were games without keyboard, perfect Smile

P.D.: OGame running on XBMC?Shocked Big Grin
I will start a new thread to see if anyone would be interested in this concept.
break out is coolTongue
I dont know if it could have been ported to python, but it think
Gyruss from Konami is a great classic arcade game.
Until we get a bitmapped area where we can draw independent pixels, we could be able to get only really simple basic games. You see, Snake spend a lot of time loading maps... In any case... someone want to try to make a Tempest clone? Smile Or at least, a XBMC version of PacMan or BomberMan... :p

By the way, we can start with the Top 100 Killer List Of Videogames... Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What python games do you want for XBMC?1