What python games do you want for XBMC?
solexalex Wrote:"demineur" I don't know the english word for it... Sad
the game you push squares, and a number display how many bombs are around your shot !
It should be VERY easy Smile

minesweeper. I think thats what its called anyway
Just keep in mind that I don't know of anyway in XBMC to draw lines or freely rotate images. You could make an effort to fake these but it would cause hardsihp...
Asteron Wrote:Just keep in mind that I don't know of anyway in XBMC to draw lines or freely rotate images. You could make an effort to fake these but it would cause hardsihp...

Ohh ! I just had a look in the xbmcgui lib documentation and I was so surprised that no 'angle' parameter was available for the controlImage ...
It could be so interesting to add it !
Another solution (never tried) : use a button with as only texture the image, then set the angle parameter to make it rotate... ?
solexalex Wrote:Ohh ! I just had a look in the xbmcgui lib documentation and I was so surprised that no 'angle' parameter was available for the controlImage ...
It could be so interesting to add it !
Another solution (never tried) : use a button with as only texture the image, then set the angle parameter to make it rotate... ?

Button? There's no label on XbmcGuiLib? (i ask because i don't know...)
Quote:List of (possible) games at this moment:

Break-Out (Arkanoid)
Light-Cycles (Tron)
Pong
Asteroids
Frogger
Pacman
Buzzer (Trivial)
Wild Gunman (using joystick to move visor)
Galaga (aka "Space Invaders with Steroids" Big Grin )
XBill
Missile-Command
(New) GuitarHero (I think is easy enought to develope something similar on phyton without 3D...)
(New) PyDDR (Yes, we have StepMania, but why not?)

This topics is "What python games do you want", not "what python games i want" Wink Please, help me!!! :p
solexalex Wrote:Another solution (never tried) : use a button with as only texture the image, then set the angle parameter to make it rotate... ?
Brilliant!!

Heh.. I already use a button without a texture as a label so I can change its color later (amazing whats missing from the label control).

Why do we even have labels and images when all we need is ControlButton FTW!

I guess arbitrary lines can be drawn by stretching out a one pixel image and applying a rotation to it (needs a little trig I guess). OK forget what I said earlier Smile

El Piranna Wrote:This topics is "What python games do you want", not "what python games i want" Wink Please, help me!!! :p
I think you are better off finding python game coders than finding games to code. I mean there are only 3 of us so far. Smile
Asteron Wrote:Brilliant!!I think you are better off finding python game coders than finding games to code. I mean there are only 3 of us so far. Smile

Correction: i think is better if i go into my exams and when i finnish them i start to learn python :p Ok, ok, i'll more games with more relax... At least now we have an interesting list if someone want to do something but don't know what Big Grin
hey hey
You can't imagine how many ideas come to my mind every minutes but no time and not enough talent to code it !
I just tried making a crazy experimental basic 3D wireframe engine / fluid dynamics simulator only to discover that the "angle" field on the button only affects the angle of the button label and not the texture! lol Smile

I guess that hack is out for now
Asteron Wrote:I just tried making a crazy experimental basic 3D wireframe engine / fluid dynamics simulator only to discover that the "angle" field on the button only affects the angle of the button label and not the texture! lol Smile

I guess that hack is out for now

arf
Was too good to be ok !
But there's nothing as "plotPixel(x,y)" on XbmcGui? I don't know how it's implemented (the most "official" knowledged of graphics i have was an asignature of the university about 3D graphics and we used OpenGL...) but it should be easy, isn't it? At least, it's one of the most basic graphic elements...

Or we can use "drawButton(10, 50, 1, 1)" so we has a button of only one pixel of height and weidth Big Grin
Hey thats a good idea!

And at 720x480 we would only need 345,600 controls to fill the screen Smile With 64MB of ram that should be super easy
skin supports rotating control isn't it ? would it be so hard to port it to python ?
Asteron Wrote:Hey thats a good idea!

And at 720x480 we would only need 345,600 controls to fill the screen Smile With 64MB of ram that should be super easy

Oh! There's no FrameBuffer?Shocked Big Grin

I promise it: i'll learn python when i finish my exams and i'll go to see what can i do to help with this.
solexalex Wrote:skin supports rotating control isn't it ? would it be so hard to port it to python ?
I'll try to take a look at that. I am setup for compiling but havent dabbled too much with the code....

El Piranna Wrote:Oh! There's no FrameBuffer?Shocked Big Grin

I promise it: i'll learn python when i finish my exams and i'll go to see what can i do to help with this.
Fun times Smile The wiki and the link in my sig are good resources. A lot of us actually hang out in the irc channel at irc://irc.freenode.net/xbmc-scripting

EDIT Looking at the skinning documentation it doesnt seem like even they get an angle parameter... Beh...
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ge_Control

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What python games do you want for XBMC?1