PhotoApp (mac) comming soon
For all people that miss a plugin that allows to view the OS X Photo App library (mac) from within XBMC there is good news. The Plugin PhotoApp will be released in a few days.

The Plugin supports the categories Moments, Albums, Slideshows (Faces and Places will need some more time).

The latest release is available in the official XBMC add-on repository. If you would like to help with the add-on or provide translations, the source code will be available here.
Source link is missing Smile
Is there any beta we can test until you release the final version?
Thank you for this offer.

I will send you a link to the zip file with the beta this evening.
I uploaded the files on github now:

https://github.com/PhotoAppPlugin/plugin.image.photoapp

You can download the zip file from there, if you want to try it out, before it will be released in the official repository.
For me it’s not working. My Kodi runs on Windows and I try to connect via SMB to my Mac. I get an error because not finding the Library.apdb. Running Kodi on the Mac works but it’s not what I want. I tried to copy the Photo.Library onto the Windows PC to get local access but I cannot do that. Probably a problem with the structure of that file?
I did not try test the windows-smb-mac configuration yet. I am going to do that...

Did you set the correct path to the photo library in settings?
Can you send me your settings file?
Can you send me the error message from the log file?
Apple OS X photo app uses a sqlite database to store information about your photos, albums and slideshows (iPhoto used XML files for that). This database is stored in the photo library and needs to be read by the add-on and this seems to be a problem.

According to some internet posts it is not recommended to access a sqlite database over an smb share (there are problems with database locks, possible data damage and performance issues).

Therefore the chances that this will ever work are not too good. However I will do some more investigations...
One thing you could probably do is have the addon copy over the database to the local machine first and store it in the addon data folder. Store the modification date of the database file and then compare it against your local copy and you'll only have to copy it when it has changed.
I added a new version that can make a local copy of the remote PhotoApp database. This can be activated in the addon settings.

@hidalgo67: can you try if this works?

@ jingai: thank you for the hint!
Sorry, it did not work. I get the following error:
Code:
02:04:31 T:5568  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
02:04:32 T:5568  NOTICE: photoapp.db: Opening database: smb://BIGBOX/Pictures/Fotos-Mediathek.photoslibrary//database/Library.apdb
02:04:32 T:5568  NOTICE: photoapp.db: __init__: unable to open database file
02:04:32 T:5568   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: unable to open database file
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.photoapp-master\addon.py", line 291, in <module>
                                                photoApp.open_db()
                                              File "C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.photoapp-master\addon.py", line 98, in open_db
                                                self.db = PhotoAppDB(self.photo_app_db_file)
                                              File "C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.photoapp-master\resources\lib\photo_app_db.py", line 55, in __init__
                                                raise e
                                            OperationalError: unable to open database file
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
02:04:32 T:4040   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.photoapp/
02:04:32 T:4040   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.photoapp/) failed
When I look at your logfile I would guess you did not activate the local copy flag in the addon settings (the databas path is still an smb path, but it should be a local path now).

Did you activate the flag?
I think, I’m a step ahead. First I had to delete the trailing / in the photo_library_path section
Then I get the following
Code:
11:59:52 T:3612  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:59:52 T:3612  NOTICE: photoapp.gui: Copy Photo Library Database...
11:59:52 T:3612  NOTICE: photoapp.gui: from smb://BIGBOX/Pictures/Fotos-Mediathek.photoslibrary/database/Library.apdb to C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.image.photoapp\Library.apdb
11:59:52 T:3612   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\
11:59:52 T:3612  NOTICE: photoapp.db: Opening database: C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.image.photoapp\Library.apdb
11:59:52 T:848  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:59:54 T:5212  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:59:54 T:5212  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:59:54 T:5212  NOTICE: {'action': 'moments'}
11:59:54 T:5212   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                                            Error Contents: (123, 'Die Syntax f\xfcr den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datentr\xe4gerbezeichnung ist falsch', 'smb://BIGBOX/Pictures/Fotos-Mediathek.photoslibrary/database/Library.apdb')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.photoapp-master\addon.py", line 290, in <module>
                                                photoApp = PhotoAppGUI()
                                              File "C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.image.photoapp-master\addon.py", line 82, in __init__
                                                (os.stat(self.photo_app_db_file).st_mtime > os.stat(database_copy).st_mtime)):
                                            WindowsError: (123, 'Die Syntax f\xfcr den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datentr\xe4gerbezeichnung ist falsch', 'smb://BIGBOX/Pictures/Fotos-Mediathek.photoslibrary/database/Library.apdb')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:59:54 T:5192   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.photoapp/?action=moments
11:59:54 T:5192   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.photoapp/?action=moments) failed
11:59:54 T:5108  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
What is this XFILE that cannot be created?
Then it says an error in the syntax of the Library.apdb
I tried it with my working Library and with a new one too.
Ok, we are getting closer... ;-)

Now it seams, there ist a problem with making the database copy or creating the folder that holds the database copy (it works on my mac). Can you please check if the folder "C:\Users\pvr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.image.photoapp\" already exists? If it is not there can you try to create it manually?
Yes, the folder exists. It also creates the copy of the database file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PhotoApp (mac) comming soon0