Kodi Radio on an unusual case / from old to new
Here is my little project... still not finished (need some painting i guess and some additional extras)

i've tried several distributions for my Raspberry to get a nice small webradio first but none of them where that flexible to me
so i've end up with kodi (i have other raspbery/htpc with kodi in my home)...

after bougth a bluetooth speaker and a adafruit 5" touchscreen i ended up with the OSMC Distribution
where i spend several hours to get the bluetooth and the touchscreen working proberly and automatically... added a powerswitch (powerblock wired with a led and a toggle switch. then i've found here in the forum a solution to get my tunein and radio addons controlled over my mobile phone... (YARC for mobile web interface is awesome!).

so far so good, but all this stuff need a case who looks great in the living room.
i was searching a lot until i remembered there was an old swiss accordeon in the house of my grandfather who nobody use anymore (we have several others that we play from time to time but this one was in the basement) it is nearly 100 years old...
because i know how they are build up, it was easy to go from the idea to the first test if there is enoug space inside...

After the test i bought all the stuff that i needed and start building the case, sadly i can't assemble the screen on the wood because for this i don't have enough space or the HDMI cable was to big... so i let everything up in the air.. not great but it is like it is Wink

the big goal was, not to change or destroy something on the accordeon - just remove the belows in the middle because the accordeon is still working and maybe in future somebody like to play it... if so, just replace the middle part with the original one.

and this is the result:

beside of the accordeon my total cost was something about 200$

hope you like it!
i do like it. looks like a lot of work! nicely done with the screen!

thanks for the hint because ofnot beeing able to pm me Smile
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Thank you!, so far it works great every day Smile

changed to the xonfluence skin because of missing volume buttons in standard confluence (i'd tried a lot skins for my needs and this is so far the best one)...

My wife will paint it soon...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Radio on an unusual case / from old to new0