Stuck on "Searching for subtitles..."
Hello, long story short. I'm stuck on the "Searching for subtitles..." - screen where you can search subtitles for the videos you are watching.
I'm not getting any errors or timeouts. It just sits there and says "Searching for subtitles..."

It never returns anything. It just sits there doing nothing..
I can close the window by pressing [ESC] and continue the video as normal.

My log: http://pastebin.com/C4RSAkba
since there's no support thread for the subtitles addon you're using,
it's probably best to report the issue here:
https://github.com/realgam3/service.subt...yer/issues
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I can reproduce this with other subtitle addons too.
divxplanet, subdivx.com, subspedia.tv...
Not just bsplayer issue.
You are having a problem very similar as mine. When I search for subtitles, I can see the folder wher I put them, and can choose the one for the film , but after that, the film freezes and I have to reset all .
Just noticed this.
Seems like YouTube addon is dead too. (The only addon i use + subtitles)

When i launch it, it will just show the rotating icon at the bottom right corner and "Working"
Nothing happens.

Grr.. Something is corrupted? But what and where?

EDIT: YouTube works again, but subtitles are kaput.
Ok, i figured this out?
This is a hardware problem.

My hard drive is dead. Doesn't even boot from it anymore..

Time for an SSD upgrade. Big Grin
Hello,
I have the same issue, but my phone is ok, nothing is broken.
I use Kodi 14.2, last ver that works on Android 4.0.4, and phone is Motorola XT910.
Automatic subtitle on Exodus is working, but when I want to select subtitle from any add-on I use (OpenSubtitles and Titlovi.com ), it gets stuck on "Searching for subtitles..." for forever.
I can go back and watch the video normaly, but only with auto downloaded subtitle which Exodus video add-on downloaded from OpenSubtitlles.org...
This problem is shown only on that device (Kodi 14.2 on Motorola XT910, running stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 ). On other devices I use Kodi 16 and everything works great.
Is there any help for this stuck on "Searching for subtitles..." or should I forget about Kodi on Motorola XT910?

I'm new to forums, so if I made any mistake, I apologize.
Thank you in advance.
Did you solve the problem?
I too have exact the same problem with Kodi 14.2 and Android 4.0.4.
Sad 
(2016-12-19, 18:18)snebojsa Wrote: Did you solve the problem?
I too have exact the same problem with Kodi 14.2 and Android 4.0.4.

Hello there,
I am sorry to say that I did not solve this problem. Sad
Haven't tried so much after I posted here.
I am waiting for having a time to flash my Motorola XT910 wirh Android 4.2.1 or above...I haven't found really good ROM, and since I'm amateur in flashing ROMs, I will need to find a step by step explanation for How to Flash Custom ROM on XT910. (its has some strange steps and doings I've never seen on other phones)
That is where my thoughts go, I think maybe version of Android is the problem, but the telephone itself could be problem, since it is an old and smashed phone, still working everything tho Smile
As soon as I get any result I will post it here, but I can not tell when it will be Sad
If you solve the problem please inform me of it. Thank you in advance.

best regards

misha
Hello,
yes, the version of Android is the problem, because you cannot install Kodi above 14.2 on Android 4.0.4. I tried 3 different devices (tv boxes) with Android 4.0.4 as the latest version (no upgrades available) and the problem is with all 3. If you can flash the rom with Android 4.2 and above, your problem will be solved, I have another tv box with Android 6.0.1 and everything working perfectly.
Strange thing, some subtitle addons are working (BSPlayer, Divxplanet,GreekSubtitles.eu...), but those that I need (Titlovi.com, OpenSubtitles.org, Podnapisi.net, Subscene.com) not working. Maybe if I can find older versions of those addons, maybe then it will work, just a thought...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck on "Searching for subtitles..."0