• 7(current)
Release Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/2016
(2017-06-28, 04:49)eric859 Wrote: I cannot resize the window. I can't Maximize it or even make it smaller/larger. Is this a known issue? Also, when I run it on Win 10, it crashes whenever I open the db, whether it's my db or your test db.

I'll take a look at that - it's possible maximum is disabled to be honest I can't remember what I set for that so I'll take a look.

I run it on Windows 10 fine. I wonder if it's a .net library you're missing when running this. Can you give me any more information on when it crashes please?
(2017-06-16, 08:51)adskiremote Wrote: Hey the_bo - did various tests and haven't been able to move channels. However it could be because of the demo pvr addon I'm using.

I've changed the order in Kodi, and using my manager and manually in the sql database but to no avail.

What PVR addon are you using ? If I can match this may be we have a chance :-)

Hi adskiremote

Sorry for late reply

I'm using tvheadend. For the moment I just reordered all channels using kodi channel manager. I then backed up the tv29.db file. Hopefully I can overwrite the tv29.db if order gets reset which should bring back the correct order.

Thanks for testing anyways. If u ever get the move functionality working in your program can let me know.

All the best.
Installed ur latest version and was unable to connect in order to make edits to channels. Any suggestions? Using Kodi on windows 10 PC
Good Day...First, thanks for this awesome proggy. This is just what I needed to work on my tasks. The Kodi tv manager leaves a lot to be desired. I was finally able to get yours working as it was operator error. I am however having an issue with the window sizing as it does not allow me to maximize the window. I am using a large screen and it would be awesome to be able to max the size in order for me to expand the interior cells to work with. I did notice another user was having the same issue but I didn't notice if you had made a change to this. I know you are probably extremely busy but is this something in the works? Again, thank for a great tool.
This is a great tool! Thanks a bunch!
I was wondering if you could implement the option to re-order the channel groups by editing the Group ID for instance?
I want to put my own created channel groups at the top. Now they are ordered randomly.
(2017-05-28, 18:05)adskiremote Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 21:34)ronkmd Wrote: Is there a way to batch process the TV29.db so that that Kodi channelid is set to be equal to the cable provider's channel number? For example, provider and EPG number for NBC is 1003 but Kodi channelid is 40. My remote control program (Simple Control/Roomie Remote) onscreen EPG sends a "channelset(EPG channel number)" command to Kodi but Kodi reads it as "channelset(channelid)". So I'd like to set channelid = EPG channel number for all channels. Thanks!

ronkmd - this may be possible. Can you send me an example of your EPG from your provider please. And I'll take a look.

Best,

AdskiRemote

Hi Adskiremote,

Great tool/ program!!! I have been searching for days for an answer to this same problem, I use Simple Control/ Roomie Remote. Is there a way to change the "Channel Id" with your program? I need it to match the "Channel No" so when the command is sent from my remote control it will change the "Channel Id" that I preset. As you know Kodi creates random "Channel Id's that do not match the correct Channel number for my cable providers system.

@ronkmd please let me know if you made any progress in solving this problem with this tool or in some other way.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm trying to generate the file TV29.db following the procedure of the video but when I select Stop Kodi I receive this error message:

error

Someone can help me? thanks
[/quote]

Hi adskiremote

Sorry for late reply

I'm using tvheadend. For the moment I just reordered all channels using kodi channel manager. I then backed up the tv29.db file. Hopefully I can overwrite the tv29.db if order gets reset which should bring back the correct order.

Thanks for testing anyways. If u ever get the move functionality working in your program can let me know.

All the best.
[/quote]

Based on what I've found, the custom channel order is, apparently, NOT stored in either the TV29.db or EPG11.db files. Does ANYBODY know where it's stored, so that it can backed up / copied to other boxes? I've searched, and, thus far, have had no luck in getting this question answered.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
(2017-09-16, 04:29)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Based on what I've found, the custom channel order is, apparently, NOT stored in either the TV29.db or EPG11.db files. Does ANYBODY know where it's stored, so that it can backed up / copied to other boxes? I've searched, and, thus far, have had no luck in getting this question answered.

Hi the channel order is backed up in the tv29.db file. Your have to stop Kodi first before overwriting the file or it won't pick up the correct order. Make sure the "use channel order from backend" is disabled in the TV settings.

1. SSH into your Kodi device.
2. Run following command: sudo systemctl stop Kodi
3. Overwrite the tv29.db with your correct order file.
4. Run the command: sudo systemctl restart Kodi

Hopefully channel order should be restored. Are you using tvheadend on both boxes. Make sure boxes have same tvheadend settings channels on both boxes before overwriting the tv29.db file.

There's an easy way to copy over the tvheadend channels etc to another box without having to rescan all channels on new box. When I get the site tutorial link I'll let ya know.

Hope this helps Big Grin
(2017-09-17, 19:32)the_bo Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 04:29)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Based on what I've found, the custom channel order is, apparently, NOT stored in either the TV29.db or EPG11.db files. Does ANYBODY know where it's stored, so that it can backed up / copied to other boxes? I've searched, and, thus far, have had no luck in getting this question answered.

Hi the channel order is backed up in the tv29.db file. Your have to stop Kodi first before overwriting the file or it won't pick up the correct order. Make sure the "use channel order from backend" is disabled in the TV settings.

1. SSH into your Kodi device.
2. Run following command: sudo systemctl stop Kodi
3. Overwrite the tv29.db with your correct order file.
4. Run the command: sudo systemctl restart Kodi

Hopefully channel order should be restored. Are you using tvheadend on both boxes. Make sure boxes have same tvheadend settings channels on both boxes before overwriting the tv29.db file.

There's an easy way to copy over the tvheadend channels etc to another box without having to rescan all channels on new box. When I get the site tutorial link I'll let ya know.

Hope this helps Big Grin

Thanks for responding!!

I've actually updated the TV29.db file via the Kodi-LiveTV-Manager, to bulk-disable channels, which is nice, and I can see that the channel number / order, that I assigned via Kodi's Channel Manager as well, so I figured it HAD to be the location.

However, whenever I've tried to take that same file and drop it on another PC (with Kodi shutdown), running the the same (personal) build and Live TV configuration (as you recommended), it doesn't maintain the channel order, or which ones were disabled. Very frustrating!

My hope is to update and distribute the channel config among my household HTPCs whenever I have to update, but this isn't boding well.
Quote:Thanks for responding!!

I've actually updated the TV29.db file via the Kodi-LiveTV-Manager, to bulk-disable channels, which is nice, and I can see that the channel number / order, that I assigned via Kodi's Channel Manager as well, so I figured it HAD to be the location.

However, whenever I've tried to take that same file and drop it on another PC (with Kodi shutdown), running the the same (personal) build and Live TV configuration (as you recommended), it doesn't maintain the channel order, or which ones were disabled. Very frustrating!

My hope is to update and distribute the channel config among my household HTPCs whenever I have to update, but this isn't boding well.

Make sure you have these options disabled in kodi tv settings

Synchronise channel groups from backend
Use channel order from backend
Use channel numbers from backend

Are all the devices using the same kodi version. 17.4 etc?
Hello,
I have joined/registered with this forum just to thank you for developing this application.  Cool Cool Cool
I would be most grateful to hear how you progressed with the ability to change the order of the channels (within groups).
Also would there be possibility to change the order of the groups as well? 
Again thank you very much for the application. It is the only one out there that I can find.
Hi,

Really like this program. Good work!

Like struthm8 wrote 2018-03-29, 11:01 I would also very much appreciate the possibility to change order on groups and channels and give them "my own" channel number. Any plans for this soon?
Feature request:

Why not add a URL option to File > Open menu besides just an m3u file, e.g. https://bit.ly/yy-xx.

There are many providers that now give you a link instead of a text file.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/20161