• 1(current)
Release Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/2016
UPDATED - now includes bulk activate / deactivate channels / EPG and Channel Groups.

Right click on the grids for the menu.

Added today - merging of groups to a new group

Hello,

I've created a simple to use Live TV channel manager. You can quickly manage your channels, groups and channels assigned to groups.

Windows only at the moment.

Please report any issues you have.

Here's a Youtube demo of how it works: https://youtu.be/yrPzH72OjKUa

UPDATE - Version 2.0.6

Includes...

*Channel renaming
*Create channel groups
*Add channels to groups
*Activate / Deactivate channels and groups
*SSH commands to start/stop and custom commands to networked OpenElec Kodi boxes

Download here:
https://mega.nz/#!Vk9AxCjC!Lcd4d5RfxtPK6...93bscfNNN4

A sample TV29.db for testing (any version) is here:
https://mega.nz/#!Y1EBUR4I!RMl589jR9FJFQ...OimmZzc6N4

Instructions

BEFORE you run this on your database you MUST...

1) Stop Kodi running on the box.

2) Copy your TV29.db file anywhere you want to - you'll open this with the Channel Manager

Make sure you create a backup so you can roll back your changes if necessary.

1) Run KodiChannelManager.exe

2) Click Options -> Kodi Control

3) In the new window enter your Kodi network IP, username and password - this will only work with OpenElec versions as the moment - sorry

4) Stop Kodi

5) Click Copy TV database to copy your TV29.db file. You can name it anything you want as long as it has .db at the end

6) Close the window and in the main window click File -> Open and select your saved database file you just copied

7) Click File -> Open and locate your TV29.db file

8) Edit your channels and groups

9) Once finished editing your channels click File -> Save

10) Then go to Options -> Kodi Control

11) Click Stop Kodi to make sure its stopped

11) Enter your connection details and click Upload TV Database - if you used a custom name when saving your database file it will automatically rename and upload to TV29.db

12) Click Start Kodi

Done

Further help

Once the database has loaded you'll see all your channels at the top. Channel groups bottom left and Channels in Groups bottom right.

You can double click any cell to edit. Some cells which cannot be changed are locked from editing.

Channels

Here you can select one or multiple (hold down shift) channels. Deactivate or activate them.

Add Channels to Group

1) Select your Channel Group.

2) Select the channels (top) you wish to add

3) Click Add Channel/s to Group

Delete Channels from Group

1) Select your Channel Group

2) Select your channels in the Channels in group list

3) Click Remove Channel/s from Group

You can rename channel groups, create new ones and search for specific channels in the Search Channels filter box.

For example...

Create a Channel Group called Movies.

Select the newly created Group.

Type into the Search Channels filter box: movie

Shift select all movie channels you want to add and click Add Channel/s to Group

Rename channels

You can rename channels in the top window (all channels) or inside a channel group. Either action will rename the channel in all tables.

Please let me know your thoughts all feedback is welcome

Many thanks,

AdskiRemote
Looks great. Fantastic effort. This was missing. I am able to open the db file and create groups.

Is there any way to custom sort the channels using this program?

Thanks again for your effort.
Is it possible to have an option to also de-activate the guide for channels? When I go into Kodi channel manager, there is an option to deactivate the guide which hides EPG information for hidden channels too.
(2015-11-02, 04:11)cmndodhruv Wrote: Looks great. Fantastic effort. This was missing. I am able to open the db file and create groups.

Is there any way to custom sort the channels using this program?

Thanks again for your effort.

Should be able to yes. I'll take a look at that and include it in the next version.
(2015-11-02, 05:23)cmndodhruv Wrote: Is it possible to have an option to also de-activate the guide for channels? When I go into Kodi channel manager, there is an option to deactivate the guide which hides EPG information for hidden channels too.

Yes it's the EPG Enabled option - so you can just disable. However I've noticed an error in the code with this. I'll fix and upate.

Will also include the option to bulk change options so you can disable / enable multiple channels at once.
(2015-11-02, 11:29)adskiremote Wrote:
(2015-11-02, 05:23)cmndodhruv Wrote: Is it possible to have an option to also de-activate the guide for channels? When I go into Kodi channel manager, there is an option to deactivate the guide which hides EPG information for hidden channels too.

Yes it's the EPG Enabled option - so you can just disable. However I've noticed an error in the code with this. I'll fix and upate.

Will also include the option to bulk change options so you can disable / enable multiple channels at once.

Hi cmndodhruv - I've updated the program the EPG Enabled is fixed - you can check and uncheck these on each channel.

Additional updates include - SSH and SFTP to start/stop Kodi and copy your database file

I'll add bulk changing of channels in the next few days.

Thanks - AdskiRemote
Hi guys - could do with some feedback here.

My proposal for the next major release version is this...

1) Implementation of 'Kodi profiles' - detect and connect to multiple Kodi boxes on your network

2) Send set up data to each box - depending on Kodi supported OS

3) Addition of addon modules. Addons can be imported for uploading and setting up to different Kodi boxes on your network

4) Clean up of Kodi TV channels - sort order in PVR

I'd like to do this for Linux, iOS so feedback on whether this is a requirement would be good.

Please give me your thoughts - my idea is to build this into a complete Kodi configuration manager from TV (PVR) to Movie databases to main settings - across multiple devices and operating systems.

Thanks,

AdskiRemote
(2015-11-03, 20:02)adskiremote Wrote: Hi guys - could do with some feedback here.

My proposal for the next major release version is this...

1) Implementation of 'Kodi profiles' - detect and connect to multiple Kodi boxes on your network

2) Send set up data to each box - depending on Kodi supported OS

3) Addition of addon modules. Addons can be imported for uploading and setting up to different Kodi boxes on your network

4) Clean up of Kodi TV channels - sort order in PVR

I'd like to do this for Linux, iOS so feedback on whether this is a requirement would be good.

Please give me your thoughts - my idea is to build this into a complete Kodi configuration manager from TV (PVR) to Movie databases to main settings - across multiple devices and operating systems.

Thanks,

AdskiRemote

Great ideas. Sorry I got busy but will test the new release and send some feedback and if any new ideas.

Great work!
Ok, so I am using Kodi 15.2 (Aug 16th) build (Isengard) on Windows 10. When I edit the TV29.db and try to load it in Kodi, the PVR manager does not load any channels. I am using IPTV Simple client as my PVR client.

When I remove the updated TV29.db and use the original file, the channels and EPG loads without any issue.

Thanks.
Did you make sure Kodi was closed or stopped when copied the tv29.db file from and to?
(2015-11-04, 19:15)adskiremote Wrote: Did you make sure Kodi was closed or stopped when copied the tv29.db file from and to?

Yes. I made sure that the program was not running when I copied the file from and to.
Ok can u send me the bad tv29.db file? Also can u try this pls load the working db file into the manager change the name of a group only save and close copy back. Does it load successfully in kodi then?
(2015-11-04, 19:29)adskiremote Wrote: Ok can u send me the bad tv29.db file? Also can u try this pls load the working db file into the manager change the name of a group only save and close copy back. Does it load successfully in kodi then?

Hello adskiremote,

Sorry for a delayed response. I was able to get the file working. It was an oversight on my part as I had the option to sync the channel numbers from backend enabled. Once I disabled that option, the file is loading fine.

One question - Is there any way to easily change the channel order number? I have about 1000 channels in my EPG.

Thanks for all your work!
Thank you for testing this - doesn't work unless there's everyone giving me feedback :-)

I'll see if I can change the channel order - it might be possible. Give me a little time and I'll see what I come up with.

Thanks
(2015-11-09, 13:11)adskiremote Wrote: Thank you for testing this - doesn't work unless there's everyone giving me feedback :-)

I'll see if I can change the channel order - it might be possible. Give me a little time and I'll see what I come up with.

Thanks

Thanks! Appreciate the effort.

I also noticed that when I open a TV29.db file, I see all the channel groups from the backend. However, if I add a new channel group, that does not show up in Kodi's in built channel manager or group manager. If I de-activate an existing group, that does work in Kodi. Just the new group won't show up.

Now one thing I noticed, that in the new group I created, all the channels have channel no. field set to 0. If I manually try to assign a sequential number like 1,2,3 etc... I get an unhandled exception error. All other groups that have synced from the backed have proper channel numbers. The only other group that has channel numbers set to 0 is the one that I have disabled.

I re-opened the same file on another PC using your program and the channel group I created does not show up.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/20161