• 3(current)
Release Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/2016
Hi everyone - another quick update.

I've added merging of groups.

Select the groups you want to merge - holding left CTRL or Shift.

Type the new merged group name you want.

Click the button and your new group will be created with all channels from the selected groups merged together :-)

Any problems please let me know.

Here's the download link:

https://mega.nz/#!8o9VDIZL!MlDn_fUej4mdE...DVJigy2mVE

AdskiRemote
(2015-11-13, 16:51)cmndodhruv Wrote: Hello adskiremote,

Will it be possible to have the capability to create a new group and add all channels from one or multiple existing groups into a new group?

Thanks.

Feature added - download the new version
(2016-01-08, 21:35)adskiremote Wrote: Hi everyone - another quick update.

I've added merging of groups.

Select the groups you want to merge - holding left CTRL or Shift.

Type the new merged group name you want.

Click the button and your new group will be created with all channels from the selected groups merged together :-)

Any problems please let me know.

Here's the download link:

https://mega.nz/#!8o9VDIZL!MlDn_fUej4mdE...DVJigy2mVE

AdskiRemote

Thanks man!!! This is AWESOME! You saved me hours of manual configuration of channels Big Grin
I'm gonna test the app right away.

Thanks!
I'm wondering, would it be possible to mass enable/disable channels and epg belonging to one group from the all channels group?

For example, let's say I have the all channels group, and English channel group, Italian group and French group. Let's say I want to disable from the all channels group the channels belonging to the French and Italian group, can there be a way to quickly do this?
i know i could merge the channels I want in a new group, but that would leave the channels and epg active, resulting in longer loading time at startup.

Maybe this could be easily achievable if we could filter the All Channel window by the existing groups so one could then mass enable/disable those only from the filtered all channels list...

Anyhow great program, greatly appreciated!
Should be pretty straight forward...famous last words ?

Give me a couple of days.
(2016-01-10, 14:12)Darkan Wrote: I'm wondering, would it be possible to mass enable/disable channels and epg belonging to one group from the all channels group?

For example, let's say I have the all channels group, and English channel group, Italian group and French group. Let's say I want to disable from the all channels group the channels belonging to the French and Italian group, can there be a way to quickly do this?
i know i could merge the channels I want in a new group, but that would leave the channels and epg active, resulting in longer loading time at startup.

Maybe this could be easily achievable if we could filter the All Channel window by the existing groups so one could then mass enable/disable those only from the filtered all channels list...

Anyhow great program, greatly appreciated!

Hi Darkan,

It's sort of possible to do this but there are constraints due to how the Kodi channel database is configured.

Let me know what would work best from you from these details...

1) You can disable or enable channels / EPG in the channels table. This is the main table that contains all the channel data

2) You can disable or enable channel groups. This is in the main channelgroup table

3) The channels in group table is in a relationshiped table that is created from the channels and channel groups table. Using the Channel Ids and Group Ids.

In this table it isn't possible to disable / enable channels specifically for this group. You can only do this on the main channels table.

So as you can see it's not really possible to do what you're asking. But may be from this information you can let me know what you'd prefer instead.

Thanks,

AdskiRemote
Uhmmm sounds more complicated than I thought lol

But I suppose the channels belong to the all channels group and then must have some sort of other group id to attribute the sub group they belong to. So I'm wondering if it's possible to show this group id colum in the All Channel window so at least we could filter by group id and be able to mass enable/disable those channels in that specific group id.

Thanks
I see what you mean.

ok what I think would be the best solution is...

Select / Multi-select groups. All channels listed on the bottom right grid.

Select multi / all channels in this grid, right click enable / disable channels.

What do you think?
Yeah that sounds cool. Being able to enable/disable channels and epg in the bottom right grid after selecting or multi selecting groups would be great!

Hope it's not too complicated to do...

Cheers
Hey - I've added the features.

Download here: https://mega.nz/#!xttVASIA!JOEwAEiT1G6Ve...uOKY3qDcWo

Multi select channel groups to show all groups on the right grid.

Then select which channels you want to activate / deactivate or delete.

I haven't had much time to test this - please let me know if there's any issues.

If not then I'll put it as a release.

Thank you :-)
Wow that was fast! I gave the new version a quick try, the implementation is exactly what I was talking about, thanks! However once I select a group, I then select all the channels in that group on the bottom right grid and click disable channels and epg but it's not actually doing it... am I doing something wrong?
let me take a look tomorrow - I think it'll just be an bug in the code.
(2016-01-11, 22:48)adskiremote Wrote: let me take a look tomorrow - I think it'll just be an bug in the code.

So I did further testing and the disable epg seems to be the culprit. If I select disable channel only, it works fine. If I select disable epg or channel and epg, then it doesn't work. Even if I first disable a channel and then subsequently try to disable epg the channel remains disabled but the epg doesn't disable.
Great thank you that will save me time.

I'll be finishing work soon then take a look.

Also could you do me another favour please. What bothers me is whether sorting / filtering (search) of channels remains in place even after updates.

Are there any instances where this isn't the case?
Yes I did notice this happen, sometimes the filter doesn't remain active (i. e. I have to type again or press space to re enable it) but I have to try and replicate when this happens. Will keep you posted if I am able to replicate.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/20161