Win Global video background memory usage
Hello I'm having a strange issue with kodi. When I'm playing a video in the background on any Isengard release and browsing my library my ram continuously goes up until it stops displaying fanart and crashes. I've tried many different releases including some Jarvis nightlies same problem except with Jarvis it's the video card memory. If I stop the background video the memory gets released like normal. Tried this on many different skins same result. Is this normal behavior?

System info:
Windows 8.1
Kodi 15.2 final
8gb ram
six core amd
Posting a debug log and crash log will be helpful
(2015-10-31, 19:40)wason92 Wrote: Posting a debug log and crash log will be helpful

You're right sorry about that.

http://xbmclogs.com/p5ois63gz
Sorry, I'm not sure what's going on, looks like kodi is having trouble getting some images. I can only suggest deleting textures**.db and Thumbnails/ hopefully that helps
No help here for pirate addons, problem is very likely caused by them. Go back to where you got them from and ask there.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2015-11-01, 03:06)wyrm Wrote: No help here for pirate addons, problem is very likely caused by them. Go back to where you got them from and ask there.

Wyrm
Their problem is with kodi not with an addon.
(2015-11-01, 11:08)wason92 Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 03:06)wyrm Wrote: No help here for pirate addons, problem is very likely caused by them. Go back to where you got them from and ask there.

Wyrm
Their problem is with kodi not with an addon.

I concur he probably saw banned addons in my log and assumed they were the cause but I actually reproduced the same behavior with a fresh install with new userdata folder. So this isn't normal for kodi? When everyone else browses fanart intense views while playing a video does their memory not grow until the video is stopped or all fanart is cached in video memory?
If you get the same problem with fresh config, it could be something with other software in your computer, something kodi uses.
I don't use Windows. I'm not sure what it could be.

I'd try reinstalling 15.2 with default settings

Wyrm

Tbh this constant blaming every problem on dodgy addons is becoming rather tedious!

Just because an addon is on the banned list doesn't necessarily mean it isn't well written, and vice versa.

There are plenty of addons in the official repo with problems too you know.
(2015-11-01, 13:04)spoyser Wrote:

Wyrm

Tbh this constant blaming every problem on dodgy addons is becoming rather tedious!

Just because an addon is on the banned list doesn't necessarily mean it isn't well written, and vice versa.

And so is the constant complaints that there is something wrong with Kodi when we see log files littered with these dodgy addons. When you have seen the same post for the third time in an hour and the first thing you see in the log are these banned addons, you just know it's going to be a massive time sink again. Did you even go look at the log file before posting your comment?

In this case it is likely a memory problem caused by all of the streaming addons. As to the follow up post saying that the op did a clean install, did you completely remove the old data or did you just delete the app and re install.

If you have a COMPLETELY clean install with no banned addons and you are still seeing the problem, please post a FULL debug log and we will see if we can help solve your problem.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2015-11-01, 17:05)wyrm Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 13:04)spoyser Wrote:

Wyrm

In this case it is likely a memory problem caused by all of the streaming addons. As to the follow up post saying that the op did a clean install, did you completely remove the old data or did you just delete the app and re install.

Wyrm

And there you go again!

There is absolutely nothing in that log to suggest anything of the sort.
(2015-11-01, 17:26)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 17:05)wyrm Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 13:04)spoyser Wrote: Tbh this constant blaming every problem on dodgy addons is becoming rather tedious!

Wyrm

And there you go again!

Fair enought your ball, I will be interested in seeing your solution then.

Wyrm

(2015-11-02, 02:38)wyrm Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 17:26)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 17:05)wyrm Wrote: In this case it is likely a memory problem caused by all of the streaming addons. As to the follow up post saying that the op did a clean install, did you completely remove the old data or did you just delete the app and re install.

Wyrm

And there you go again!

Fair enought your ball, I will be interested in seeing your solution then.

Wyrm

Jeez sorry I caused such a commotion lol. I think spoysers right though, Wyrm you're a smart guy with an awesome skin but I think you might be off base with this one. Here's a clean log with pics and basically nothing installed just sources added. Same behavior but confluence is harder to crash than the skin I was using. It did run up my memory and it stopped displaying fanart the same way.

http://xbmclogs.com/p5iei1i7n

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Global video background memory usage0