New simple XBMC -> MSN (listening to) app ...
Hi guys,

I've had some troubles with xbmccontrol app, so I decided to write my own.
It is very simple and probably not bugfree, but it works for me.
You can download version v1.0 here (updated 1 feb 2007):
http://www.ic-prog.com/xbmc_msn.rar

For first time usage, just start the tool, fill in your xbox's IP and the close the tool.
If you then restart the tool your xbox's IP will be remembered, you can then hit START button to activate it.
(It will put in your MSN bar the song you are listening to on xbmc, or the video your playing).

You can also start this tool from Windows "Startup" folder with the following commandline params:

xbmc_msn.exe -hide -start

This will make the app invisible, run in the background and starts running immediately.

Many regards,

H2Deetoo
Thanks for that, it's working well here. I didn't think it worked at first, but I hadn't enabled web server (yep, i'm an idiot...)
Thanks for the app.

Have it setup and it is working nicely. Its cool that people can see what I am listening to and watching. Nod
works like a charm.thank you.however if you can compile a version which excludes showing video files on msn or an option to disable video files in the future release that would be awesome.
unacceptable, watching alot of sick pron eh?
well the fact is... i cant since the day i installed this goodie Smile
Updated to version 1.3:
http://www.ic-prog.com/xbmc_msn.rar

It has a tray icon now (thanks to jbhe05) which you can use to show the GUI.

** I was thinking of adding a p0rn filter ... LOL **

Ok, I will add an option to disable "video" updates.

Rgs H2Deetoo,
Couple of things I have noticed.

If you have it running and then turn off the xbox the app stops responding. I went in to task manager to end the task and found it was had 192,340K memory usage, which seems a little high! Restarted and uses about 7,600K.
Well, it's a single-threaded app, so once the xbox is powered off, then the app may become not-responsive for a couple of seconds.
It should trigger a timeout and then all should be fine.

Anyway, I will do some tests with it.

Regards H2Deetoo,
Says for me "Cannot cannot to (IP)" Does IP have to be DHCP, Or Static?
You must fill in the IP of your xbox.
You may use DHCP on your xbox if you like, but you have to *know* the IP on forehand, to be able to enter it into the tool.

Rgs H2Deetoo,
Well if your xbox is DHCP then odds are its changing each time you reboot as such you'll need to edit the IP in the app each time. Static however it will use the same IP each time (unless there is a slash). So youd only set it up once....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New simple XBMC -> MSN (listening to) app ...0