iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2015-11-10, 22:24)ChipsAhoy Wrote: tempTask.status is 1 instead of 0
tempTask.output is "mktemp: mkdtemp failed on com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx: File exists\n"

I had previously tried commenting out the return statement, but that fails because mktemp is not actually creating the folder.

However, the File exists message, was helpful. Apparently at some point, the folder was created but never cleaned up, and so it was actually failing because it already existed. However, after trashing it, I get a new error: Error unpacking data.tar

It gets as far as unpacking the .deb and moving it (I can see it in the path /Users/David/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iOS_App_Signer-bwbyfgmmbcldethbtdsxlcdbvibk/Build/Products/Debug/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx/deb/data.tar.lzma), but after that it fails to unpack the tar.
output String "tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open 'com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx/deb/data.tar.lzma'\n"

Permissions issue perhaps? It does now seem to be cleaning up after itself.

Thanks for the reply, I apparently had the mktemp command arguments wrong (I still don't know if it will work or not though)... Line 263 of ViewController.swift should actually read

Code:
let tempTask = NSTask().execute(mktempPath, workingDirectory: nil, arguments: ["-d","-t","com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner"])

and the output of the command should be an absolute temp directory path something like /var/folders/67/ltv8wy3n4b32s3wk1hlp15wr0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.LN5rND4h (with a newline at the end that gets trimmed off later at line 268)

Needing to re-sign the file after my app seems like the entitlements.plist isn't getting generated properly (probably because of the temp folder issue)

comment out the first three lines of func cleanup and see what the temp folder contains after running it

In the case of Kodi it will have a deb folder, entitlements.plist, payload, and possibly some other files

Messages In This Thread
RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - by DanTheMan827 - 2015-11-10, 22:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8